Sat, Sep 21, 11:57 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Migrating from Poser 5 to 6

trouz69 ( ) posted Sat, 18 March 2006 at 5:40 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 11:42 PM

I have tried to search the forums for more on this but I can't find the right keywords to get any useful information (or I simply get too much information to sift through).

I am looking to mirgrate from a very bloated install of Poser 5 (complete with alot of retail items and long since gone freebies) to a fresh install of Poser 6. I am not 'upgrading' as these are both already installed, what I am trying to do is get all my content (retail figures, clothing paks, props, etc.) moved from P5 to P6 in the most efficient way possible.

Options?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

jt411 ( ) posted Sat, 18 March 2006 at 5:46 PM

It should be as easy as pointing P6 to your P5 Runtimes. Everything's on the same PC, right?

Realmling ( ) posted Sat, 18 March 2006 at 5:50 PM

You can load your P5 runtime (and any others you've created) inside P6 and use them that way. Might get a few errant "can't find texture" messages here and there, but that was generally only on messed up files I had anyways. I did that until the demons in my brain decided "lets reinstall everything" a couple weekends ago. Not listening to them again until I get a new computer....

Crazy alien chick FTW! (yeah....right....)

Realm of Savage - Poser goodies and so much more!

~~

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Sat, 18 March 2006 at 5:53 PM

if you want to organize your stuff into new runtimes then you should probably get something like CRPro to move your files and all their associated parts into new folders. if you just want access, then like jt411 said. just set up p5 as a runtime in p6

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 18 March 2006 at 6:18 PM

file_334736.jpg

Like as stated, just point to your P5 runntime.

trouz69 ( ) posted Sat, 18 March 2006 at 6:52 PM

Awesome. I hoped it would be something easy like that. Thanks for the helpful and quick responses.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 3:39 AM

If you have problems with INJ Poses, as used by many DAZ figures, you may need to copy some files from the P5 runtime to the P6 runtime. For the DAZ figures it would be the folder runtimelibraries!DAZ you could copy. You may also need to copy Python scripts; such things as Wardrobe Wizard and its data. Otherwise, no big problems.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.