Mon, Sep 23, 4:14 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Animation

Welcome to the Animation Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Animation F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 6:34 am)

In here we will dicuss everything that moves.

Characters, motion graphics, props, particles... everything that moves!
Enjoy , create and share :)
Remember to check the FAQ for useful information and resources.

Animation learning and resources:

[Animations]

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Is it possible?

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2001 at 11:06 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 2:19 AM

Hi, Is there any way to take an animated GIF and break it down into its' individual images or frames? TIA, Mike

egrafx ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2001 at 11:47 AM

Yes there is. Just open it in adobe image ready eric

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2001 at 12:26 PM

Thanks eric, but I don't have Adobe Image Ready. Is there any other way?

wyrwulf ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2001 at 1:02 PM

There are several GIF animation programs. Check at nonags.com or tucows.com for free/shareware. I thought Painter might do it, but I couldn't figure out how. You can open an AVI frame by frame, and make and export animated GIFs, but I couldn't see how to open all the frames. I shouldn't be surprised. It won't open PNG, either.

Exos ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2001 at 6:41 PM

Corel will do it too

wyrwulf ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2001 at 6:52 PM

ulead.com has a pretty good gif animation program. I have an older version. They have trials for some if not all of their programs.

MikeJ ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2001 at 7:25 PM

Thanks guys--- I have Alchemy's GIF Construction Set Professional. It hadn't even occurred to me to simply open one up in the program, but it worked. Thanks for the suggestions, Mike

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.