Tue, Sep 24, 2:18 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 12:07 am)

Subject: Question about .sit file?

jhustead ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 6:00 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 11:36 AM

What exactly are these files named .sit that we get when downloading a product or downloading a free thing from Daz3d? Not that it's really important to me I was just wondering. Thanks, James

AS3Design ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 6:05 PM

.sit files are for MAC :)

Turn your face to the sky... and the shadows will fall behind you...

BARTWORX ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 6:05 PM

Sit files are MAC files just like the exe file is for windows. CHris

Not used anymore

dan whiteside ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 7:19 PM

.sit files are the Mac version of a PC .zip file. Stuff-it Expander PC will unpack these files on the PC. Should be available for free at places like download.com. Best; Dan

AS3Design ( ) posted Sun, 19 March 2006 at 7:24 PM

thats correct, dan, but the sit files at DAZ have installers inside, like the exe installers for PC and these installers are not be able to run on PC.

Turn your face to the sky... and the shadows will fall behind you...

Bobasaur ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2006 at 12:36 PM

Daz is pretty good about labelling their links to .sit and .exe files as being for Mac or Windows.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

jhustead ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2006 at 2:45 PM

Thanks for letting me know. Take care, James

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.