Sun, Oct 6, 3:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Animating Aiko's Buttocks.

Bobasaur ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2006 at 4:54 PM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 1:24 PM

Stop snickering! Aiko's buttocks appear to be primarily a shaping element. I assume other Unimesh figures have the extra buttocks as well. For those of you who animate, is my perception correct? When you animate figures with buttocks do you tend to animate the legs and later come back to the buttocks, or is that one of the places you start? I almost always try to have some motion in the shoulder, for example, but I only move the collarbone when it's really needed. The buttocks seem to have far less impact than collar bones.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2006 at 7:19 PM

and now for something completely different..a mesh with 3 buttocks..
-Monty Python..;) sorry, you started it..;) I just get a disturbing mental image..which seems strangely complete without a brass pole..;) never mind..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 20 March 2006 at 9:36 PM

bob, I hope the buttocks experts will be able to help, but my personal feeling is to never pose them at all, just morph them. if something has to move, let it be the thighs.

R_Hatch ( ) posted Tue, 21 March 2006 at 12:49 AM

DO NOT TOUCH THE BUTTOCKS! THAT'S NASTY! :p Seriously, though, don't move them beyond 15 degrees in any direction, and try to avoid moving them at all. YOu are correct in concluding that they are more or less just for shaping/bend control. They prevent the thighs from deforming the hip in an unrealistic manner.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.