Fri, Sep 20, 9:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: VUE 5 INF - BEST PC UPGRADE?

BUSHY8996 ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 4:15 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:29 AM

i HAV A 3GHZ 800FSB P4 WITH 2GIG off DDR RAM & WAS WONDERING IF WHAT IS DETAILED BELOW WOULD GREATLY SPEAD UP MY PC IN TERMS TO RENDER TIMES,ANIMATION RENDERS ECT..I WOULD OF COURSE INVEST IN WINDOWS 64 BIT - I HAVE AN ATI RADEON 9600 - I ALSO USE POSER. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MAKE YOUR OWN SUGGESTIONS - DOES DUAL CORE MEAN I WOULD NEEB 2 CPU - NOT THAT I THINK IT DOES. WOULD I NEED TO LOOK AT ANY SORT OF CASE THAT WOULD BE BEST ALSO?? CHEERS AMD CPU Part Number: ADA4400CDBOX Athlon 64 4400+ DUAL CORE Processor Socket Size 939 2200MHz Core Speed 2000MHz System Bus 128 Kb Level 1 Cache 1MB Level 2 Cache 90 Nanometer Cool and Quiet Technology AMD Enhanced Virus Protection MOTHERBOARD Features for this ECS KN1 SLI A939 - ECS KN1 SLI A939-AMD Motherboard - Socket Size A939 - PCI-Express - USB Port/Header 4/6 - FSB 2000 (MT/S) - LAN 10/100 - 8 Channel Audio - Raid 0.1 Specification for this ECS KN1 SLI A939 S-ATA Support No IEEE Controller No USB Ports 4

bruno021 ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 4:31 PM

Dual core means there are already 2 cpus

Trelawney ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 5:49 PM

Attached Link: http://www.cornucopia3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1509

Hi Bushy If you're looking to upgrade - you'll need a new Caps Lock button too - your current one seems to be stuck (j/k) >9o) Have a look at the attached Cornucopia3D link where Frederic Louguet has compiled a list of performance stats for different specs PCs, which might help you. That a very good spec system - but bear in mind you will probably get good performance from connecting up to 5 RenderCows (first free licenses already included in V5I), which is probably the best way to speed up renders/animations. Also Vue 5 won't take advantage of Windows 64 (or Vista til it comes out in Jan/Feb '07) - the same goes for going above 2Gb currently. We'll have to wait for Vue 6 for this. Kind regards

chrispoole ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2006 at 8:14 PM

If you look deeper into the forum you'll find lots of answers.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.