Sun, Oct 6, 3:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: GeoControl teraingenerator hp is online

cajomi ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 10:15 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 3:23 PM

I hope it is allowed, to post this here. The hp for the new terrain generator I have build, is online. www.cajomi.de/GeoControl/geocontrol.htm Johannes Rosenberg - cajomi - With a special PGM im/export for 16bit high resolution terrains in Bryce

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 11:07 AM

sounds interesting..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

marcfx ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 11:45 AM

Thanks cajomi, Nice website too :) Marc

Smile, your dead a long time :)

AgentSmith ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 12:31 PM

Nice. ;o) Cool about the PGM import/export! AS

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

danamo ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 3:00 PM

Some of the best CG landscapes I've seen have been made by skilled artists with the aid of this app. I've been waiting for it to come out of beta. Sign me up!

Pedrith ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 6:10 PM

I can barely wait for the mac version. Those images on the website are amazing :)

ysvry ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 9:23 PM · edited Wed, 22 March 2006 at 9:36 PM

good luck with your program johan. AS > PGM import/export! was my ideer saved you from a messy manual sandwich mode. :P

Message edited on: 03/22/2006 21:36

for some free stuff i made
and for almost daily fotos

cajomi ( ) posted Wed, 22 March 2006 at 11:07 PM

that true ysvry!

Mahray ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 12:08 AM

Looks very good, however I have a few questions. - Will there be upgraded versions later, and will this cost more? - Will a demo version be available? - I'm assuming that the delivery will be through the internet (download the program), what sort of payment options will you have for international buyers? (Paypal, Paymate, some other credit card processing)... Thanks Mahray (In Australia)

Come visit us at RenderGods.

Ignore the shooty dog thing.

cajomi ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 12:31 AM

GeoControl will work with updates, no extra costs and upgrades. The upgrades will cost, they will have powerful enhancements. Planned are river and urbanisattion tools for professional use. Also some easyer like vulcanos, deserts and ocean. Also a selection section. Seamlees terrain tool, to make crossfades with existing terrains, a cut to fit tool, to produce abolut fitting close up terrains, yes and and..... A demo version will be available, full functions, time limited. Delivery will be through internet. Payment will be solved by Element5 (share it). Johannes

danamo ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 1:56 AM

That's good! I just D/L'd Carrara5 from Element5 and it went smooth,no problems.:-)

attileus ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 4:06 AM

Great site and software; what I long for when we talk about geosculpting is an option to make indentations and crevices from sideways (not only up/down as in greyscale modeling); many software already has greyscale modeling option so it would be interesting to a have software with a different approach...

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 4:21 AM

cajomi, If the product is of the quality of the website it should be worth the price. I would suggest a time or usage limited demo so that people can play with it a little before buying. I'm a bit relieved that someone else has taken on the idea of PGM import even if it isn't going to be a free program. It sounded as though you're using the 32 bit Geotiff format. That was a fun idea for me to learn and I thought it would good to see it implimented in an advanced application. all the best, -TJ (author of "Tiffer")

cajomi ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 4:29 AM

the geosculpting of GeoControl is far better then greyscale manipulation. But in version 1 it is limited to natural changes, for example to terrace a part of the terrain, or to build a round hill landscape, with soft erosion traces and in another part of the same terrain a ridged mountain, with smooth and convincing rising out of the soft landscape. So the brush can manipulate the height, the slope, but also the general look, by changing the filters for the brushed part.

cajomi ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 4:34 AM

@bikermouse Oh, I do not use the Geotiff format. I use 32bit floats. So, what is Tiffer? May be, it would be good for a plugin? Johannes

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 4:53 AM

Johannes, I'll try to dig out the references to Geotiff format. If I'm remembering correctly, it uses 32 bit floats as well. You might like to look it over for ideas. I think Agent Smith has or had Tiffer in the Bryce backroom. If not I'll try to dig it out of mothballs and set up my webpage on angelfire again. I've been meaning to set my webpage again and it would be an excuse to do so. I don't think it would be much good to you as a plugin in it's present form. It is a dos box tiff to pgm application (I was too lazy to do it up in windows). I since started on converting it to windows last year but somehow lost the drive to complete it. -TJ

cajomi ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 5:07 AM

well, Digital Canvas Guilde will build a DEM plugin for Version 2, with all important formats for importing real landscapes into GeoControl. May be, he will add the GeoTiff. Johannes

bikermouse ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 5:29 AM

Hers's the spec for geotiff version 1. (click on the table of contents). Perhaps it will be useful to DCG. http://www.remotesensing.org/geotiff/spec/geotiffhome.html I noticed that the link to this forum's backpage is still not working so . . . Digging out Tiffer will take a bit more time - I have to remember how to work with html in angelfire again. Something for tommorrow evening. nice speaking with you, -TJ

clay ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 8:42 PM

Attached Link: http://claygraphics.phase2.net

Wow!! this is really interesting and very cool sounding, I can't wait for a mac version too!:-)

Do atleast one thing a day that scares the hell outta ya!!

catlin_mc ( ) posted Thu, 23 March 2006 at 10:02 PM

This sound very interesting, I look forward to where this goes.

Quest ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2006 at 3:48 AM

Yes, looking forward to trying out the demo and see the actual offerings in practice. Where can the demo be dl from and how big is it?

cajomi ( ) posted Fri, 24 March 2006 at 4:19 AM

Attached Link: http://www.cajomi.de/GeoControl/geocontrol.htm

to download visit the geocontrol hp. The demo will be available in the begin of april. The size will be about max. 10MB, with help, artists presets and the artist gallery to the presets

Cyber-Angel ( ) posted Sun, 26 March 2006 at 6:08 AM

Cajormi, Cyber-Angel here, Google is still not indexing the site for Geocontrol and when you type that as a term into Google lots of other things with that name come up but not your software. Also Google keeps asking weather you mean Biocontrol are you sure you have indexed your software with the major search engines? Your sales will suffer if people can't find your software on the Internet. Having said that, grate site by the way and I look forward to trying out Geocontrol for my self and I'll do that stuff I have talked to you about before and let you know how things turn out. Look forward to speaking to you over at Ashundar.com that's all for now. Regards to you. Cyber-Angel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.