Sat, Sep 21, 2:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: "Simon Says" show me some skin

TwistedMindDesigns ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2006 at 5:39 PM ยท edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 8:47 AM

I did a whole series of super macro body landscapes. I love the texture of skin and upclose it almost looks like an alien landscape. So, get out those macro lenses or x-whatever magnifying filters and show me an up-close organic landscape. This can be a fun, interactive simon says. So call your favorite model, or partner... crack open a bottle of wine, add a little mood lighting and find that little crease in the bend of a torso or the smooth arch of the lower back... as long as there is skin texture visible.... Remember we are not looking for smut here.... Have fun with it, I always do!

Even if you choose not to choose, you still have made a choice

TwistedMindDesigns ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2006 at 5:40 PM

file_336157.jpg

here is one of mine...

solrac_gi_2nd ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2006 at 5:45 PM

Good idea for a 'Simon' !

solrac_gi_2nd ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2006 at 6:03 PM

file_336158.jpg

... a try ........................ :)

TwistedMindDesigns ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2006 at 7:32 PM

Good effort but I think it would have been better if you took the watch off first so we could see more of the skin... IMHO

solrac_gi_2nd ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2006 at 7:55 PM

I 'included' the watch to have some sense of scale.

It is a try ... as I said.

If this try does not fit in 'your' Simon just say it and I'll pass it over to the next member's post.
This is just for the fun of it!

Thanks George for your posted opinion.

Carlos.

TwistedMindDesigns ( ) posted Sat, 25 March 2006 at 8:21 PM ยท edited Sat, 25 March 2006 at 8:22 PM

Oh, I wasn't trying to be too critical... This IS all about fun...

Just that my concept was to create a compositon using skin texture that looks like something other than what it actually is.... Your watch imeadatly told me it was a shot of your wrist. Had it not been in the comp, I would not have known what part of the body you shot... Part of the fun is to wonder what it is and what it could be...
Kind of like laying back, looking at the clouds and
making images from the shapes....

Makes for more interaction with the peice...

Message edited on: 03/25/2006 20:22

nongo ( ) posted Sun, 26 March 2006 at 2:22 AM

file_336159.jpg

Ok, here's my try...

Margana ( ) posted Sun, 26 March 2006 at 2:59 AM

This should prove to be a fascinating Simon.Very interesting shots so far.I like that...macro body landscapes...I look forward to seeing the responses you get. :^) (You'll have to wait for one from me...it's waaay late here and my camera is sleeping...lol)

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

TwistedMindDesigns ( ) posted Sun, 26 March 2006 at 3:26 PM

Akemi, great shot, very interesting texture.. Do I detect a little mirror effect there? nice twist.... Joe, Cool grity texture and light play....

promiselamb ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2006 at 9:11 AM

lol great shots but last time I showed skin I got in a lot of trouble lol

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 27 March 2006 at 11:56 AM

file_336161.jpg

"show me an up-close organic landscape" Not human skin, but you didn't limit it now, did you. ;] Great Simon theme and super photos so far!

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.