Sat, Sep 21, 4:54 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Monthly challenge "Liquid Motion"

Fotogen ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 2:01 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:53 AM

file_287337.jpg

Here is the original. Thank You for your comments

Fotogen ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 2:01 AM

file_287338.jpg

Here is the Thumb

cbender ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 2:15 AM

cool shot! :) like it a lot... any further information available concerning the settings ?!?

Margana ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 2:42 AM

Love how minimalist this is...and the surprised little face I see in the drop,lol. Wonderful entry. :^)

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

Fotogen ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 2:43 AM

Thank You cbender. This shot was taken in my kitchen sink. I used direct Flash and a tungsten light coming in from the side to sort of produce a warmer look. Post work was only cropping, and the framing. Here are the shot settings: Canon 24-70 mm L, 70 mm, 1/200s, f2.8, ISO 100, Direct Flash. Thanks again for viewing

cbender ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 2:51 AM

cool :) thanks for the information...!! quite an "easy" setup... but i guess with most of those droppies the timing is the big issue... :) regards, christian

tojanetoo ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 8:38 AM

great capture!

solrac_gi_2nd ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 2:45 PM

perfect timing for an excellent shot !!! (how many did you take ?)

Fotogen ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 3:26 PM

I got it on the first shot :) Just kidding. Many shots ofcourse. I controled the water drip rate so many times until I was able to get only ONE water drop in the image. Getting lighting right however is the toughest for me since I do not own any studio lighting equiptment. Direct flash, used here, is not the way to go for most photography work, in my amature opinion.

solrac_gi_2nd ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 3:32 PM

I agree with you about the lighting but the result is SUPERB. Too much home-work with an excellent result !!!

UKmac ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 10:18 PM

Cool shot...

DJB ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 11:03 PM

Excellent entry..Added to Challenge page
got_it.jpg

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Fotogen ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 11:17 PM

Thank you for adding the image to the Challenge page. This is the first time I have submitted to the monthly challenge, because I did not know about it. How does this work? Is there an image picked at the end? Just wondering. For me, just the feed back from everyone here is satisfatory enough. Thanks again

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.