Fri, Sep 20, 4:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Tree druid problems

markk ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 2:52 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:44 PM

I recently bought Tree Druid for Carrara thinking it would work well in Carrara studio 1.1. Wrong! It loads the menu up, but it doesn't load the presets up, just says error. Pity I really need it to work properly. What version does people have V1? and/or Version 2? Which version does it work in? Where can I get a legit version, so I can use TD. The other alternatives for tree animation is way to expensive, Speedtree for example. Thanks

Patrick_210 ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 4:47 PM · edited Wed, 29 March 2006 at 4:47 PM

Carrara Pro has a 5.1 patch coming out with tree animation, wind direction and rustling leaves. I guess that is too expensive also, but you could probably find Carrara 3 really cheap which has the plant/tree editor. Tree Druid isn't very high end and Carrara 1 is pretty buggy.

Message edited on: 03/29/2006 16:47

ren_mem ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 10:08 PM

Unless, TD is on sale that item was not cheap for what it does. C3 is a much better buy and can be found usually cheaper then what TD was selling for. Buying sw that many yrs old can be a bit pointless.

No need to think outside the box....
    Just make it invisible.

markk ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 10:17 PM

Point taken. But C3 doesn't animate trees. The only places that sell C3 are not willing to send to Australia. There is one place I found C3 at and the postage was as almost as much as the program. I took a look at C5pro which I would like but as Patrick says doesn't have tree animation as yet.

bwtr ( ) posted Wed, 29 March 2006 at 11:44 PM

markk Carrara studio 1.1, in computer age, is pretty archaic. When you get Carrara5Pro you will really wonder at why you delayed so long to get it.

bwtr

ren_mem ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 12:11 AM

I can understand the postage issue..it's the pits. I didn't realize that tree animation was a prerequisite, didn't think tree druid did that.The c5 update is due in about 2 weeks.

Just make it invisible.

danamo ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 12:36 AM

Thank you for that information Patrick_210. Those features would come in very handy for an animation I have planned! It was one of the very few features that almost had me picking Vue Infinite over Carrara5. I very much look forward to this update. Forgive my ignorance, being very new with Carrara (but not 3D), but will there be a charge for the patch/update? @markk- Could you buy Carrara as a Download from the Eovia online store? I know that they will take 149 US dollars, or euros for a D/L copy of Carrara5 through March 31st

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 2:13 AM

patches/updates are normally free, and there are download versions at Eovia (you have to pay extra to have a cd/dvd sent). Good luck!

danamo ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 2:29 AM · edited Thu, 30 March 2006 at 2:31 AM

Thank you for your prompt reply Hoofdcommissaris. I'm glad to hear that.

Message edited on: 03/30/2006 02:31

Hoofdcommissaris ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 3:24 AM

Attached Link: http://esd.element5.com/product.html?productid=300055462&sessionid=361655048&random=a077d803a9dab29

You can call me Hoof (everyone els does that, I have adopted it as my new screen name :-)

Ringo ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 7:13 AM

The Carrara 5.1 update will be free and it has some other stuff that like the Universal Manipular in the assemble room.

hotsteppa ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 8:52 AM

None of these replies get to the bottom of what the min. requirements for Tree Druid are, and I can't see the details on their website. If I were you, I'd demand a refund on the grounds that they mis-sold it to you (if they really don't put min. requirements on the site), and plough the money into getting C5 Pro. BUT if budgets are tight and Zenstar will confirm that it works with C2, then it might be worth you knowing that C2 is being given away on the coverdisk of the current 3D World - Issue 77 (May 2006), UK RRP 6.00 (Obviously don't know if it's sold in Australia, but you may be able to source it somehow... (There's also a discounted upgrade offer in the mag).

markk ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 3:36 PM

If I had the money to get C5 pro I would. So I am stuck. Thanks hotsteppa, I will look into 3DWorld mag. It would be a way to test out TD once and for all. I have already have sent an email to Zenstar, but I don't expect a reply

hotsteppa ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 4:53 PM

Well if Zenstar don't get back to you with a satisfactory answer on this, I suggest that we should e-mail Eovia directly asking that they remove their details from the "Third Party Add-ons" section of the site, and seeing if they can do anything else to sanction them... Not that I want to prejudge a (lack of) reply, but if they're literally taking the money and running, then I really think that would be unacceptable behaviour and detrimental to the Carrara brand itself...

hotsteppa ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 4:56 PM

PS - Look into 3D World mag, and if you can't find a source for it down under, let me know. I'd be happy to mail you my coverdisk, since I don't need it myself... (PPS - I'm sure someone will now tell me something I don't want to know about the legality of passing on coverdisks for free!)

ren_mem ( ) posted Thu, 30 March 2006 at 10:48 PM

I don't think anyone cares much about cover disks :D

Just make it invisible.

markk ( ) posted Sat, 01 April 2006 at 7:08 PM

Yay I have gotten Tree Druid to see the presets. I have been in contact with Mike from ZenStar and he has pointed me in the right direction :) TD works in V1.0, V1.1 and V2.1, no other versions Does not work in V3 as Eovia claims.

ren_mem ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2006 at 3:37 PM · edited Sun, 02 April 2006 at 3:42 PM

Glad you got it straight. I don't think Eovia stated that. I remember it being listed on the plugin page, but then you go to the site and I think it tells you.I don't remember them specifying older products work with what. They usually only do that with currently selling items that they are acutally selling.Honestly, the stuff that old I even question it being listed at all w/o very clear info.

I just went and looked. It DOES say it works with version 3. I think they added that recently. In oct and november I was looking at carrara and tree druid and I don't recall it saying version 3. That should be fixed.

Message edited on: 04/02/2006 15:42

Just make it invisible.

ren_mem ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2006 at 3:52 PM · edited Sun, 02 April 2006 at 4:06 PM

You know what is amazing is this was available for version 1 and the animation and root system actually look more advanced than what I have seen in Carrara.Obviously, I am just eyeballing info on the site. It says it is a procedural system so I am thinking similiar to if not an L-system. At any rate I am surprised this did not continue development.Maybe just too hairy to do. Currently, carrara doesn't have the features in this product. Roots are really important to a tree. Maybe that will be part of the additions. fingers crossed.(X)

Message edited on: 04/02/2006 16:06

Just make it invisible.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.