Fri, Oct 25, 7:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Why so Slow

iloco ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2006 at 1:57 PM · edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 5:31 AM

I have noticed a slow down in going from page to page of the Art Gallery when browsing. It takes forever to get to next page. I am curious if anyone else is having this problem. I think it is slower now after the upgrade than before. At lest it is for me.

ïÏøçö

hewee ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2006 at 2:07 PM

Yes the pass 3 days it has getten very very slow at times. :(

hewee ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2006 at 2:38 PM

http://www.webmasterville.net/tools/server_status_checker.php Server Name renderosity.com/ Status FAILED We were unable to establish a connection with renderosity.com/. This might have caused because your server is currently experiencing a downtime or there is no host configured at this address. http://www.webmasterville.net/tools/website_performance_test.php Website Performance Test renderosity.com/ is down!! We were unable to check the performance of your site.

Digitell ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2006 at 3:46 PM

Yep..I have been having slow issues too the last couple days...even in the MarketPlace.

pearce ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2006 at 5:13 PM

There are still changes going on, so maybe that's why. I do get very fed up looking at "waiting for www.renderosity.com" at the foot of the browser for minutes at a time though :(

iloco ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2006 at 5:22 PM

Its worst for me now than before the server change. I hope they get it fixed, It is very agravating when having to waid minutes for a page to change especially when using cable. If it were dialup I would understand. :)

ïÏøçö

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2006 at 5:28 PM

Yup, taking forever for me too and Im also on cable >:(

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

hewee ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2006 at 8:12 PM

I am on cable too and it can be a very long wait. I go outside to have a smoke as the next Art Gallery thumbnail page loads or trys to load.

Khai ( ) posted Sun, 02 April 2006 at 8:23 PM

I have a feeling the slowdown is part of the board software change 2morrow - atm, there's a massive conversion of old posts from this (Bondware 2) to the new system going on in the background.. it was quoted that 2.5 million posts have to be converted.. so I think the servers are feeling the strain a little bit...

DCArt ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2006 at 12:35 PM

it was quoted that 2.5 million posts have to be converted We certainly like to talk a lot. 8-D

mdbruffy ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2006 at 2:40 PM

Newsflash guys, this is no sudden happening. I've been accessing my gallery for the past couple of months and I've had the same slower than slow expereince. Click on "My Gallery" and the progress bar does it's impersonation of a snail til it gets halfway across. Then it just stops. I'm glad I spotted this thread, I was just about to start one. I was wondering if it might not have something to do with the time of day- you know, the amount of traffic on the site. Cause I can come back a few hours later and click,click and I'm there.

iloco ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2006 at 3:38 PM

The time of day its all the same for me. I give up after a few minutes and go away and return later to find it is still slow loading pages. :)

ïÏøçö

NekhbetSun ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2006 at 9:37 PM

If I don't get up at the crack of dawn (EST) it takes for-ev-er for anything to load !!!...and even then it's no speed-o-rama (and I have dsl)...I have talked to many who are having the same problem, and yes, it is MUCH worse since the change...does anyone have an answer as to what is actually wrong?

cherokee69 ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2006 at 9:39 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem but I sure wish they would fix it. Doesn't matter what time of day it is, it's always the same..slower than before the server change.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.