Wed, Sep 18, 1:02 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Conforming Hair Problem

schtumpy ( ) posted Mon, 03 April 2006 at 11:16 PM ยท edited Fri, 26 July 2024 at 2:19 AM

I've made this figure, simple M3 some pants and shoes. I'm trying to make a hairdo and the damn pair piece won't conform. Not just one, but no hair will conform to this guy. I'm not a total newbie, I've conformed hair no less than 1000 times, but this guy...oh, man, he's starting to tick me off. I tried Mihai hair, a hair I've used often and love. It won't stick to his head. Anything you can think of? Bryan

schtumpy ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 12:20 AM

After starting my figure over again from scratch I went about starting with M3, then adding the hair, I conformed it, it worked. Added the rest of my clothes, some boots from the M3 boot pack and the track pants from daz along with my mihai hair, same formula that was screwing up earlier. Long story short, it won't render. I'm guessing its the hair that's the issue because I put these exact same pieces together earlier, with the same results. It gets stuck on "Adding Object" and freezes up. Do you think its the hair that's the issue, or some other piece of the puzzle? I rendered some far more complex pieces in between the two problems without any issues. I really need help. Thanks Bryan

pigfish9 ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 12:41 AM

If all your stuff is conforming, have you tried loading everything, posing M3, and THEN conforming everything to him? I get some weird stuff with James and that group sometimes when I conform the clothes before posing. (Really scary stuff like his lower body stays put and his abdomen stretches oddly to wherever his upper body ends up or the arms stay and it goes weird at the wrists--with IK OFF). If this doesn't help, you might try rendering the scene with a different object missing each time to determine exactly which piece is messing things up. Good luck--it sounds like you might need it :(

PabloS ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 2:56 AM

Attached Link: http://http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2228908

isolate the problem. try rendering without the hair loaded. that should tell you if it's the hair. Since it could be something else, take a look at this thread for the problem you mentioned when rendering.

4blueyes ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 6:03 AM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/support/tutorial/tutorial.php?id=1071

Mihai hair can be the issue with rendering! It doesn't work well with Firefly renderer in Poser unless you perform a voodoo ritual on it, as described in the link above :) By the way, afaik Mihai hair cannot be conformed because it is not a figure. You have to parent it to M3's head if it didn't stick to it first. Rule of the thumb in Poser: if it doesn't conform well - parent it :) I do the same now with As Shanim's Liltsure hair to make it work with Aiko3. Hope this helps :) Michal 4blueyes

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.