Sat, Sep 21, 10:41 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Red Dragonfly

Gwyn Tyger ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2001 at 7:13 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 10:33 PM

Attached Link: The Red Dragonfly

i liked the contrast of colors and the composition of this picture.

Tammy ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2001 at 10:51 PM

I do too its really pretty.

Antoonio ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 4:31 AM

Damn good pic. Composition is superb. Beautiful shapes. Is this digipic, or "real" photography? really nice piece, would be great for contests.

Gwyn Tyger ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 12:39 PM

this is real photography taken with a telephoto lens. the only post work done was to up the contrast some.

Antoonio ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2001 at 11:08 PM

Did you check the negative, does that straw fit into pic? This could be even better with little space between that straw and edge of the pic. This is really good pic, gotta agree again. .niko

Syyd ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2001 at 12:32 AM

absolutely beautiful....so this is real photography as in old fashioned camera or digital camera? The colors are stunning....

zimmer ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2001 at 4:07 AM

Youre right. The colors are great. I specially like the blurred backgroung. Did you used transparency film? Arturo

leighp1 ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2001 at 9:01 AM

WOW...what an excellent display of colorings!! I love it

Gwyn Tyger ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2001 at 2:15 AM

this picture was taken with my Mamya and my verible tele-lens from about 7-ft which is the closest it will focus. the depth of field helps with the blurring. i'm not sure i'm willing to give up my regular camera until they can come out with a digital that can do everything the regular camera can do, at price i can afford. are the digitals there yet in fuction?

Gwyn Tyger ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2001 at 2:22 AM

i had another picture with the blade of grass was totally in the picture, but for some reason i didn't use it. i'll look at the other pic again. this picture was taken on negitive film, but i had Costco put the pictures on a CD so i didn't have to scan the pics. i helped the contrast and intensity in the postwork using Photopaint. this was the first time i ever saw red dragonflies.

Antoonio ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2001 at 2:31 AM

Digitals will have a long way to go. My Sony supposed to have almost same functions as "real" cam. But it's not the same thing. Not at all. There are few really good digicams, one Nikon that I just saw in cam magazine, for professional photographers. The body looks just like normal cam, and you can use normal objectives and equipments with it. But, like you can guess, the prize is professional too.

Gwyn Tyger ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2001 at 1:13 PM

Antoonio, thanks for the update on digitals. their status is pretty much as i figured. as long as it is not that expensive to have the pictures cut on CD's, then i won't give up my old hardbody SLR. i'm not sure that they would ever meet all the versitility of a manual camera that can vary the speeds, films, lens openings, lenses, filters, flash options, or the cost of the camera.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.