Wed, Sep 18, 12:51 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: How do I customize forum appearance ?

stahlratte ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 6:36 PM · edited Fri, 30 August 2024 at 11:47 AM

Hate to be a spoilsport, but are we stuck now with the default grey/blue color scheme ? I had my preferences set to white on black and a MUCH larger fontsize before, but now all I seem to be able to change im "my options" is to hide forums ??? stahlratte

PabloS ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 6:41 PM

I don't have an answer, but I want the same one stahlratte posed (no pun intended). :-)

dirk5027 ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 6:46 PM

hopefully you'll be able to customize it, this looks cheap as it is now, rosity has always been a nice looking site :tt2:

dlk30341 ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 6:48 PM

Ditto, the font is so small & the colors are blindingly bright...it's killing my eyes:blink:

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 6:55 PM

The font size and colours are ok for me but I want to make the width larger. At the moment I have the forum in a strip down the centre of my screen.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 6:57 PM

It's possible that they will introduce a selection of forum appearances in time. I think they are doing the basics right now and will work on "extras" once the change over is completed.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Lawndart ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 7:10 PM

Can I undo this whole thing? Man why do people have to mess with stuff? I know that change can be good but geeze. The post headers were WAY easier to read before this change. Now it looks like a big huge list of hard to read junk. AND it's slower to top things off.

pooba00 ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 7:16 PM

Quote - The post headers were WAY easier to read before this change. Now it looks like a big huge list of hard to read junk.

graphic design has never been renderosity's strongsuit.. it should be possible to put together some combination greasemonkey script / custom css page to sooth this beast.. and where is the RSS? you want us to sit through the slow load times just to see a list of the forum topics? geeze.

BARTWORX ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 7:25 PM

One thing i think is that the old forum was i believe on the renderosity.com site and this one is on market.renderosity site. 😕 Its faster to go back to the rest of the site by clicking [x] away and re open the other site..... But hey its up for 30 minutes lets give e'm some time to get it all perfect :thumbupboth: CB

Not used anymore

tastiger ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 7:25 PM

Quote - " Quote - "and where is the RSS? "

Now you be talking - oh for RSS 👍

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

Mock ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 7:30 PM

Agreed I hate bright backgrounds looks very cheep

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 7:34 PM

White hurts my eyes. Eight years and several cornea burnings, my eyes can't take bright white. :b_angry:

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 7:39 PM · edited Tue, 04 April 2006 at 7:40 PM

Quote - "The font size and colours are ok for me but I want to make the width larger. At the moment I have the forum in a strip down the centre of my screen."

Ditto. Wouldn't it be nice if the code people made the width 100% of the screen?

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam

Lyne ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 9:25 PM

I really hate the color too...and the forum STRIP up the middle... and teeny font...and hard to see links to find my way back to the main forum once I hit post...argghhhh!! But who are WE to complain, it is "not our site". Sorry, just really unhappy with it all...if the galleries go to white, BLAH!! I want to see art on black so the focus is on art, not the junk around it... afraid of gallery change....

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

Marque ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 9:25 PM

I hate this, won't be posting much or reading much. Liked it better the way it was before. This looks like it was taken out of the package and dumped on the server. Too bad was one of my favorite sites. See you. Marque

SkyeWolf ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 9:44 PM · edited Tue, 04 April 2006 at 9:50 PM

Gotta say I'm not too keen on the style either. The colors don't bother me so much, but the strip down the center coupled with the font sizes sure do. I hate having to squint even with my glasses on. I also miss the right/left hand menu with the dropdown boxes. The site was a lot easier to navigate. How come they lumped the fourms with the marketplace? Is it just becaus those are the only two things converted so far? I also miss my IM message notifications.. sigh

Admin: http://www.artistsagainstcensorship.com
Artist: http://www.skyewolfimages.com

cherokee69 ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 9:47 PM

Quote - ".if the galleries go to white, BLAH!! I want to see art on black so the focus is on art, not the junk around it... afraid of gallery change...."

You think the forums are bad..LOL..so do I but you haven't see anyting yet until they convert the galleries...now that's going to be really bad. And I think it's going to look just as bad as the forums and be as confusing.

Nance ( ) posted Tue, 04 April 2006 at 11:47 PM

Everyone else just seeing forum thread initial topics only -- without a visible listing of the replies?

Lyne ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 12:06 AM

Ya...just a listing of topics and the number of replies...just like all the other forums in the world... blah! I will sometimes click on a "reply" as it is a particular one I want to read...

tastiger ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 12:23 AM

Quote - "Wouldn't it be nice if the code people made the width 100% of the screen?"

What is it with designers these days? - seems like nearly every second site or CMS I visit is only 75 - 80% width - it's damn annoying :m_letdown:

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

Virus ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 3:15 AM

Same here I would like to have at least a black background the white ones looks like ordinary forums over the net.

SAL9000 - Hello Dr. Chandra, Will I've dream?

4blueyes ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 4:53 AM

Vote for variable width of the strip! Vote for the full customization of colors and font sizes! Vote for styles! Vote for making the listing of replies visible back again! I know it's rather impossible tho Annnd! Vote for making these yellow stars go away! But at least it doesn't have "Notify me on Reply" on by default :laugh: my $ 0.02 anyway :biggrin:

pleonastic ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 5:44 AM

well, i for one do not want the text to spread out over 100% of my screen; that's way too wide for reading relatively short messages. it looks good to me as it is now, but i also don't have a weird narrow strip in the centre. this might well be affected by the profile settings -- i have my menu set to "right", and that results in the forum sitting to the left of it, taking up about 4/5 of the screen. the colour scheme does hurt my eyes -- while most people seem to like black on white, i hate it with the consuming passion of a colourful universe :). but i expect that, like the marketplace conversion, we're seeing only the initial phase right now, and additional features will be added as the bugs are ironed out. in the meantime, a click of a button makes my browser switch colours; i love opera.

RawArt ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 8:10 AM

colours...yech! style is not to pleasant either hopefully this is still being worked on Rawn

stonemason ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 12:59 PM

going by a post in the community forum ..the colours are here to stay unless your using firefox in a few weeks it'll quiet down & no one will care,(shit)happens with every change : Cheers

Cg Society Portfolio

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 3:48 PM

Yep. So is the fixed-width strip in the center of the screen. I would suspect, pleonastic, that you have a lower screen resolution than the people who are seeing it as a strip. I'm at 1280x1024, and the forum + sidebar are covering about 80% of the screen. People who are at 1600x1200 are going to see it covering even less space. We're also not getting any BB Code. They want to re-sell the forum software.

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam

pleonastic ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 4:51 PM · edited Wed, 05 April 2006 at 4:51 PM

no, i am at 1280x1024 as well. maybe it's a browser issue? i'm using opera 8.53. the decision of the PtB to not offer basic stylesheets so that people can change to colours and font sizes that don't hurt their eyes bothers me a lot (stacey said in the community forum that yeah, it was "fun" to change colours, but it'll just take a little while to get used to the new forums -- i suggest people with vision issues express their opinion of how "fun" it is to have one's eyes burn). choosing branding over usability is just ... foolish. the lack of BBcode doesn't bother me at all, on the other hand. i prefer sites use html instead of other coding solutions. they want to re-sell the forum software? rolls eyes. a less-capable phpbb imitation is needed by whom exactly?

lesbentley ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 7:33 PM

I offten post graphics in the fora (forums) to iliustrate som point or other. The graphics are all messed up now, sometimes my graphich even appear in other peopls postes :( The new search facility is even worse than the old one, which is saying a lot! I wish they would revert to the site update before last, but I doubt that will happen. Let's hope they get things working better soon. It is still early days, but there are a hell of a lot of issues need sorting here.

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 9:42 PM · edited Wed, 05 April 2006 at 9:48 PM

I was using Opera up until yesterday. It was causing me all kinds of problems here, and I had to keep hitting refresh 5 times in a row. Plus I can't make the Java work, and Flash doesn't always work, either. :sad: It's too bad, because I was really starting to like the browser itself. Anyway, I'm using SlimBrowser (again) now. Some day I need to get a clone army and have them go out and build me a decent browser with all the features I want. Wait, what were we talking about? 😕 Oh, the screenwidth. Yeah. Maybe it's all the same and it just bugs some people more than others?

SkyeWolf ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 11:49 AM

I'm browsing on Firefox on a 20 inch screen set to 1600 x 1200 and I've got approximately two inches of white space on either side of the forum thread. This isn't terribly bothersome to me as I'd hate to have to deal with it spread across the length of the screen anyway. The colors don't bother me either as I've had rendo set to default colors anyway for a while now but I can understand where it might bother some with vision problems. However the issues I don't like at all are the lack of sidebar menu to navigate the whole site from here and the lack of IM message updates in here. :P I liked being able to navigate directly to another forum from here without having to go back to the main forum page..or to choose my community to browse in.

Admin: http://www.artistsagainstcensorship.com
Artist: http://www.skyewolfimages.com

bobbystahr ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 10:09 AM

The really odd thing I've noticed reading thru all the preceeding posts is that I've not had a 'cosmetic' change at all since the re-vamp of the site. The other stuff all changed but all my colours and font sizes, stuff like that stayed the way I had it before....Only difference is I figger is that I use a browser called Crazy Browser...a very fine and it seems, long memoried browser. I do like the little stars, but then I do have a predeliction for Stahrs....LOL pax et lux bobbystahr

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

Lyne ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2006 at 6:33 PM

I have to unsubscribe...too much "spam" in my mail box...and I went to the community forum and said if all this does not get fixed I am speaking with my money and not shopping here after I delete my account. It's ugly, slower now, hard on the eyes and just not user friendly and I HATE to see what the galleries will be like with this coding! Yes...I read that the galleries ARE next! :(

Jackson ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2006 at 11:20 PM · edited Sun, 09 April 2006 at 11:21 PM

I don't like the change either. It looks like a kids' site and is just not as functional. But you can change your font size. Copy the below text and paste it into your style box (click on My Options above). .forum_message_cell { font-size:16px; font-weight:normal; color:black; } Sixteen was good for me. I also changed the font weight to 'bold' and it worked. But it also changed everything to italics, so I put it back to normal. Don't forget to click the 'Save Changes' button.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.