Tue, Sep 24, 12:16 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / The MarketPlace Wishing Well

Welcome to the The MarketPlace Wishing Well Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

The MarketPlace Wishing Well F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:40 pm)

Have an idea for a MarketPlace product? Would you like to let the MarketPlace Merchants know?
This is the place!

Make sure you check The Product Showcase Forum and The Product Showcase Art Gallery.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: A hammock?

josema8 ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 10:14 AM ยท edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 10:33 PM

There are some morphing pillows out there, some morphing beds and even morphing blankets, but nobody created a morphing hammock, that could be perfect for beach or moon or rustic houses or fantasy relaxes... A hammock shouldn't be a complex project, but one that could give nice solutions to a hut, a sexy V3 relaxing or a brave warrior having a tea under trees on his trip. A conforming blanket with or without bumpmap to give solid or "net" aspect, a pair of poles and some robes to create a nice piece. (I wish I knew how...) ;-)

josema8 ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 10:38 AM

Note: This message above was intended for Poser

elzoejam ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 9:21 PM

A hammock would be great! A whole slew of images popped into my head. I wonder if I should learn how to model? LOL.

josema8 ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 4:05 AM

I wonder why nobody designed a hammock system before. Our heros are not always fighting demons and monsters!. Sometimes they have a relax moment. A four poled bed is not the most suitable furniture for a hut or a treehouse, and rangers and warriors, well, they are more likely to stop and relax on a hammock when they are travelling, not on a king chamber bed or the hard and cold floor... And yes, a hammock inspires hundred both fiction and modern renders on paradises, beaches, woods, huts...:-). For instannce, apply a wet skin texture on your favorite character and place him/her on a hammock at sunshine beach and then you have a nice shot. Or build a camp for your warriors gang to have a meeting point, or fill that little hut for the elf living on trees, or build a sexy or tender relax for Vicky or David at summer patio or enchanted woods, or place your favorite elf on a hammock over the river stream touching the water with his finger. Could be a VERY usable prop. ;-). Please, merchants, I want an UHS (Ultimate Hammock System)!...:-D

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 5:12 AM

Attached Link: http://www.visualyinsane.com/CONSTUCTADDONS.htm

There is one here for Bryce. It can be converted to an .obj and then used in Poser.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

josema8 ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 7:04 AM

Thanks!. How can I convert this to Poser?...I don't have Bryce

josema8 ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 2:00 PM

Oh, please, how can I convert an obp file?. This hammock is not useful if this can't be used on Poser!...

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2006 at 2:19 PM

file_337535.jpg

I have a simple hammock PROP for Poser which I am happy to release as a freebie if anybody wants it. no morphs but could be adjusted with magnets. send me a message if you want it. I dont have a host available but will email the file.

josema8 ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2006 at 3:09 PM ยท edited Sun, 09 April 2006 at 3:11 PM

file_337540.jpg

Hi! Thanks for your answer, Markschum. I was looking for a "rustic" or one or these made with net. So, since I was not able to load that Bryce model Acadia told me onto Poser and merchants don't answer this forum, I decided to create one myself as an object, using diferent props I had over there. Not very good since the ropes props were not conforming and I didn't know how the hell "pierce" some holes on the fabric bed, but this serves my purposes. If you want, send me your file and I send you mine ๐Ÿ‘ jperezar@ya.com

markschum ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2006 at 9:40 PM

the bryce hammock appears to have been made within Bryce and wont export. You can do holes with a transparency map. thats a really nice looking hammock.

josema8 ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 1:58 AM

I still have to learn how to make texturing and transparency maps... Any tutorial around here?...:mellow:

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2006 at 11:07 AM

There is a hammock in 3dcommunes free stuff

josema8 ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2006 at 1:05 PM

Yep, there is one, but has that annoying tube base...:crying:

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.