Tue, Oct 22, 12:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: sun light cant see :-(

promiselamb ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 6:29 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:32 PM

:b_confused: this drives me crazy. if im outside taking a shot I can not see how the picture came out due to the sunlight over powers the preview area.. I have to go in and look to see if my settings were right or not.. is there anyway around this?? :crying:

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 6:56 PM

Attached Link: http://www.delkin.com/delkin_products_pop_up_shade.html

Miranda...checkout this LCD shade

promiselamb ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 8:05 PM

wow thank you L8RDAZE :biggrin: wow they sure do charge a lot for those things lol but I am finding any hobby cost you an arm and a leg to enjoy it :rolleyes:

nattarious ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 8:07 PM

Hehehe.. L8RDAZE got before me.. that is the best solution and there many different companies that makes them for most of the cameras.. so here you go.. That is your solution :) JOE

NATTARIOUS[C] IS A WELL KNOWN INTERNATIONAL CLUB DJ - PHOTOGRAPHER - GRAPHIC AND COMMERCIAL DESIGNER AND THE OWNER OF XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS & CERTIFIED LEGAL GOLD MICROSOFT PARTNER!

XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS® OFFICIAL WEBSITE: WWW.XOOM-ARTS.COM

XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS® Ultimate Web Templates Just Click It

promiselamb ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 8:13 PM

Thanks JOE :biggrin: has anyone used these at all and do you find they are worth the money :unsure:

nattarious ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 8:43 PM

I really never used them my self.. just for a reason.. All my listed equipments on my page.. they came as is... exactly as your cam.. And when i shoot.. I don't look at the LCD screen tho.. I shoot 3 to 5 frames for each shot.. so if one is bad i goto the next and so on.. But i have alot of friends who use them and yes they are worth of the money.. Where you at! i might find you something will do the job and not expensive :) Regards JOE

NATTARIOUS[C] IS A WELL KNOWN INTERNATIONAL CLUB DJ - PHOTOGRAPHER - GRAPHIC AND COMMERCIAL DESIGNER AND THE OWNER OF XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS & CERTIFIED LEGAL GOLD MICROSOFT PARTNER!

XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS® OFFICIAL WEBSITE: WWW.XOOM-ARTS.COM

XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS® Ultimate Web Templates Just Click It

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 8:49 PM · edited Thu, 06 April 2006 at 8:50 PM

Tell ya the truth, since its only to preview the pics, I just cup my hand over my DSLR's LCD to block out the sun! Works for me! Some peeps just wear a hat or do the body block thang too! 30-40 bucks could be invested in other gear (IMO.

promiselamb ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 10:57 PM

well I tried cupping my hand over it and the a t-shirt over my head kind of like the old cameras you see in movies lol and still cant see it very well 😕 I am in Arizona Phoenix area JOE :thumbupboth: so you know im dealing with a lot of sun here lol

DJB ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 12:30 AM

We discussed this in another thread awhile back. Save the moola..keep some kind of black cardboard with you that folds into a square. In your case you could probably dangle your hair around the camera and block the light. I use my walllet to cover it. Works good.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

TMGraphics ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 11:01 PM

Never judge an image by the LCD image, instead use the Histogram!

LostPatrol ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2006 at 1:37 PM

Quote - "Never judge an image by the LCD image, instead use the Histogram! "

Yep I have to agree with that, some LCD's look a little washed out when infact they are nicely exposed, the Histogram is the best way to check your exposure.

The Truth is Out There

Melen ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 2:45 PM

Quote - "Never judge an image by the LCD image, instead use the Histogram! "

Can anyone give any pointers on how to use the histogram to judge an image? I've heard this before, but have been confused about the whole thing. Thanks.

danob ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 4:23 PM

Attached Link: http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tutorials/histograms1.htm

Hi Melem may be worth starting a thread of your own as it is not easy to answer it here as it depends on what colour space you are using But here is a good link:

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt

Melen ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2006 at 9:26 AM

Quote - Hi Melem may be worth starting a thread of your own as it is not easy to answer it here as it depends on what colour space you are using But here is a good link:

Thanks for the link. Off to do some reading :)

briefrespite ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 7:34 AM

get a light meter to judge what exposure you need. i only use the preview for composition.

Radlafx ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 10:24 PM

Attached Link: FlipUp

You could use a hood from HoodmanUSA.

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

Dynazty ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 12:34 AM

Quote - I am in Arizona Phoenix area JOE :thumbupboth: so you know im dealing with a lot of sun here lol

yeah another Phoenician........:a_cool:

I use the hand method my-self, works most of the time but not always....=]

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.