Sun, Oct 6, 1:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 28 10:18 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Can't read the teeny weeny writing!

Seren ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 7:37 AM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 1:21 PM

I'm sure my eyes aren't really this bad! I can't read the tiny writing. The resize font in IE doesn't have any effect! I'm using a res of 1280x 1024. No choice on that due to the aspect ratio of my monitor, anyway I normally like it. It's just the same problem as with the Renderosity webpages. My daughter, who's a website designer says this can easily be fixed. It's a programming error on your part, nothing to do with php. Such a pity as I'm sure it would help a lot of people. I can no longer participate here really. It's just too much of a strain to read. Feel very sad about that. I'm sure some of the changes are an improvement. Ah well!

pearce ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 7:41 AM

Use Firefox -- re-sizing is easy in that :)

Seren ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 7:55 AM

Quote - "Use Firefox -- re-sizing is easy in that :)"

Thanks for the suggestion pearce :-) Firefox isn't really an option for me - I find IE generally serves and can't really be bothered with a whole new programme. I'm afraid I need to use the programme that the majority does to monitor several sites. Anyway, even though I've heard very good reports of Firefox, I think Renderosity should cater for the programme which about 89% of surfers use. ( I may be wrong on the exact % as I haven't checked that stat lately).

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 2:02 PM

seren, re-check your explorer prefs/options you may have to uncheck the one where it says to "allow page to specify fonts", in addition to specifying your fonts and sizes in some other option. :b_smile:

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 6:28 PM

oops, I just checked in all my browsers. it lets me change the font/size of all the text, excepting the text in these message boxes. however, I can't account for the fact that the text looks fairly large to me (12-point) so i can read it at a distance of 2 meters or so, but it apparently looks very small to others, as if it's a preference set by the operating system, independent of the browser.

bonestructure ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 6:03 AM

My eyes ARE that bad.

Talent is God's gift to you. Using it is your gift to God.

TallPockets ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 7:02 AM

Seren - hello. Check out the post THANK YOU RENDEROSITY below. I had the same problems with small text after resetting my monitor screen to 1024 pixels from 800 pixels. However, I use NETSCAPE 7.2 browser to use the 'view' functions to make text larger to read. I've read in some posts here, already, that I.E. browser does NOT allow such 'choices'??? Over my pay grade! WINK. T.P.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 5:35 PM

the Explorer view/text zoom/larger command now seems to be working here. maybe they changed something to enable it.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 5:55 PM

bone, just to confirm tall, the netscape view/text zoom/larger command also works here.

Seren ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 5:44 AM

Thanks everyone for your advice. :-) But I'm not really looking to change my browser. Running multiple browsers has caused all sorts of probs in the past so I'm not doing that again. I do stationery and Netscape is hopeless for that along with many other problems. Changing screen fonts would prevent me checking the sites which I have to do. But why should I flip my settings about to suit just 1 site? As IE is still the majority browser I thought that Renderosity might by looking to fix this problem in their coding. It's still a problem on the marketplace pages for links and descriptions, so I would have thought they would want to fix it, it's obviously the same problem. Also the page just sits there in the middle with white spaces either side, which makes everything smaller, looks bad! More and more people are going to be moving up to 1280 and even higher resolutions in the near future so it seems sensible to future-proof a new setup in my view. Why would a business want to settle for something that's worse than what they had before? Beats me!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.