Tue, Oct 22, 2:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Resolution of Images in Posts Lessened...?

artnik ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 3:38 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:29 AM

Because of the new format, it would seem that the size of the images in the threads have been reduced. This, in turn, is wreaking havoc on things like Geep's Tut's threads and others where the actual text on the image is vital to the thread itself. Can that be alleviated at all? I was disappointed to find that I could not read the necessary text on some of the pages of a Geep Tut from an earlier post. This was not the case before the changes to the forum. I have saved many tut's, text included, and the text was always clear and readable. So it must have to do with the forum setup, not the tut's themselves. I have changed none of my settings. The Geep Tut pages, for instance, are not the same size they were before the changes.

SndCastie ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 3:57 PM

Try clicking on the image it should bring up a full page view.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

stahlratte ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 4:02 PM

Well, the PTB thought that those big pics would look akward and ugly and might hurt the streamlined appearance of the new forums. But geneorous and kind hearted as they are, they still allow you to access the original pics. Just click on them, and badabing, a new window shows up with the original picture. That extra clicking is a nuisance, I know, and it makes it a lot harder to save posts to your harddrive or to directly compare different versions of a pic in the same thread, but who wants to argue with Rendos "vision" ? Maybe they signed Renderosity up for a "pay per click" scheme to pay for their new PHP boards. Hmmm... :lol: :lol: :lol:

artnik ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 4:14 PM

How is one to save a web page, then? Under the circumstances, the web pages save with the diminished graphics and no amount of clicking helps that! I hope they fix it. I'm really t1cked about it. I've been saving tut's and helps for ages. I'm not a happy camper about this!

masha ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 7:26 PM

I too have been saving tutes from the forum and the Printer Friendly versions were perfect for that. Saved content without sidebars etc. Now it's no longer an option. I really hope they bring it back.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 8:55 PM

I'm glad I went and saved all of my bookmarked threads to my hard drive before the change happened. I guess I'll have to start saving tutorials to wordpad, and insert the pictures from the thread as "an object".

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

RubiconDigital ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 9:55 PM

This really is a retrograde step. The site is no faster than it was last week. If anything, it's slower due to smilies, avatars and stars loading every time a page opens. The useful images, such as those contained in people's informational posts, are relegated to the visual equivalent of blancmange. The images are being loaded at their full size anyway and only being displayed at a smaller size, so what's the point? Having to click on an image to see it full size is not a solution; it's an ugly hack.

pleonastic ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 11:28 PM

i am actually quite in favour of not splashing large images all over the forums, but there should be a printer-friendly version, which would solve the problem quite elegantly, especially for tutorials. and as i said elsewhere, image display size should be user-configurable, or at least sized appropriately for the user's browser window, not hard-coded.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.