Thu, Oct 10, 4:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 07 10:52 pm)

Subject: trouble animating a rotating object

LonRanger ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 10:08 PM ยท edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 4:22 PM

I can't believe I am having trouble with such a simple thing, but... I have a sphere with a texture applied to it and I have animated it in my timeline so that it is rotating. In the timeline I can see the mesh turning, but when I render an animation, the sphere is not turning.

garyandcatherine ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 4:37 AM

I know nothing about animation so please dont take this tip as an insult. But, if the tex is one of horizontal stripes or even a solid color then you wont notice any rotation. So is the texture one that would be very noticable if it is rotated? G&C

GPFrance ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 5:12 AM

Have the texture mapped "object"-something, not "world". So Vue asks, if you want to have the material animated -> yes. Make that setting at time = zero.

LonRanger ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 12:38 PM

GPFrance -- that's it! Thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.