Sun, Sep 22, 8:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: AAAArgh my nerves......!!!

stelhar_1999 ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2001 at 3:29 AM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 6:27 AM

ok here is the story, I made some shoes in 3DS MAX 3.1 and I exported them as obj files in order to use them in Poser 4 (where is installed the damn 4.03 patch!). Well I import the files (two of them, one for the left shoe and one for the right!). I make them props and I try to use them on my model. Well the right shoe works fine the left shoe though is somehow transparent! To be more specific, you all know how a mesh looks like in 3DS MAX when you applied a material and haven't checked the 2-sided option!!! The real party here is that the left shoe I built it with the mirror method (better say button!!!) from the right shoe. So why the hell it won't work??? I do have to say that it renders just fine! What do you advice me to do? I think I should unistall Poser, re-install it and then I will just install the 4.02 patch! As for the 4.03 update... well I'll wait for Poser 5!!!!!!!

Eshal ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2001 at 5:27 AM

Heya Sounds like inverted faces...Anthony Appleyard has an application that will fix this. I think it is in the freestuff utilities section. Regards Eshal

I'm a genetically enhanced blonde...what's your excuse? ~Eshal~

stelhar_1999 ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2001 at 7:00 AM

I'll check this out thanks!!!!

bloodsong ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2001 at 9:48 AM

heyas; re-import the inside out shoe into poser, but when you do, check the 'reverse normals' option. :)

stelhar_1999 ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2001 at 1:31 PM

well actually it worked by using the application mentioned earlier but I think your way is correct too! Thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.