Tue, Oct 22, 1:09 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Palmetto tree

TMGraphics ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 10:23 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:07 PM

file_337038.jpg

Was wondering what your thoughts were on this image? Pros/Cons? Thanks, Thomas

DJB ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 11:02 PM

If this is finished...well I love it. Good colour spectrum and subject placement.Tree looks good where it is, because you have those shrubs off to right. Not sure about location of The Battery though.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Margana ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 11:28 PM

Love the intense colors.

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

nattarious ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 12:12 AM

Hello TMGraphics, I agree with dBgrafix & Margana, Lovely shot tho.. and wonderful colours and mood. It is more then great to be honest.. But to make it a masterpiece, if i were you.. I would manipulate the right side of it.. that little tree.. and clone that stand or i don't know what you guys call it behinde that lovely palm.. Can you imagine what i am imagining right now! i guess by then it will be a real masterpiece.. other then that.. it is still lovely shot and gives a real awesome and warm feeling.. Thank you and much respect JOE

NATTARIOUS[C] IS A WELL KNOWN INTERNATIONAL CLUB DJ - PHOTOGRAPHER - GRAPHIC AND COMMERCIAL DESIGNER AND THE OWNER OF XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS & CERTIFIED LEGAL GOLD MICROSOFT PARTNER!

XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS® OFFICIAL WEBSITE: WWW.XOOM-ARTS.COM

XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS® Ultimate Web Templates Just Click It

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 8:08 AM · edited Thu, 06 April 2006 at 8:09 AM

file_337076.jpg

Doug, Marlene and Joe all gave you some great input. It is certainly a lovely mood image. The colors are awsome and the sihouette is striking. I tried to play quickly with Joe's suggestion to remove the shrub, rough but you get the idea. I think it cleans up the image nicely. I also adjust the colors a tad. I also agree that the image would work better without the text in it. Just my 2. I hope you don't mind me playing. :m_thoughtful

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Margana ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 8:16 AM

Ooh Kortalouche,I really love what you've done to it.The whole dynamic changes without the shrub.I do like the text in it,but only the bottom line,not the 'battery' part. :^) __________________________________________ "Shouldn't there be a shorter word for monosyllabic?"

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 8:54 AM

:biggrin: Thanks! Yeah, move "The Battery" down with the other text if you must have it on there.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

TMGraphics ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 7:34 PM

Thanks for all the input! Your thoughts do make sense. TwoPynts - Did you up the saturation on your tinkering there? Will tinker more with this and repost soon ~ Thanks Again

nattarious ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 8:32 PM

Hehe.. wow!! ain't that really look better! that is great work tho.. and now it looks like from a pro :) Regards and much respect.. Now it since it is black.. it should be frammed in a white 50% wide border.. and the text shor be removed from the image and should be placed on the border at the bottom :) Have a nice week end to all JOE

NATTARIOUS[C] IS A WELL KNOWN INTERNATIONAL CLUB DJ - PHOTOGRAPHER - GRAPHIC AND COMMERCIAL DESIGNER AND THE OWNER OF XOOM STUDIOS PRODUCTIONS & CERTIFIED LEGAL GOLD MICROSOFT PARTNER!

TMGraphics ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 9:15 PM

file_337176.jpg

Had another go at it. Thoughts? Thanks, Thomas

nattarious ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 9:57 PM

file_337182.jpg

Humm.. Hello all.. What then you guys think of this? 😉 Much Respect and regards JOE

TMGraphics ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 6:16 PM

I like that, maybe a bit larger on the bottom border.

nattarious ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 9:06 PM

Thank you TMGraphics... but then i have to increase or decrease the size of the pic.. that is just an idea tho :) Thanks and much respect again.. JOE

TMGraphics ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 9:11 PM

How high are you cranking up the saturation on that?

TMGraphics ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 11:48 PM

file_337358.jpg

I used your idea a bit on this one, thanks

nattarious ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 10:44 AM

Hello my friend.. I didn't touch the saturation at all tho.. I doblicated the layer and Sat the top one to SoftLight.. ofcourse that is after corpping the image and center that lovely palm.. After that i added some depth to the photo its self.. If you look deeper in the sky or the main photo you will know what i am talking about.. You feel there is some strange effects i added and it is called Photo Depth (Feels like if it was printed on a carton page).. Added the border and the typography.. Your one is great tho.. I like it.. I though about the room as you said when i was working at it first time.. but you the one who has the original :P So it was just an idea :) I might send you another one if you want! but it will be Dreamy ;) Regards JOE

TMGraphics ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 4:28 PM

I like to see others imagination - it helps stir the creativity! Thomas

nattarious ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 4:40 PM

Sure let me turn my CS2 now :D brb with a new one ;) JOE

nattarious ( ) posted Sat, 08 April 2006 at 5:19 PM

file_337438.jpg

Here is another example with some gradiant mask tool.. from colours on the right to black and white on the left.. added 15% dreamy effects if you noticed.. Changed the typography style abit.. Hope it is fine.. Hhehe.. Thank and regards.. JOE

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.