Tue, Oct 22, 2:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Images from Older Webpages Missing...?

artnik ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2006 at 9:27 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:21 AM

I've been saving Tuts and Helps from R'osity for ages, and now I find that the images on some of them are now missing. Is there any way to recoup the losses? I downloaded some of them before the switch, tho I don't know if that's the problem. I have vacant squares with the red X corners now. Any idea how to correct this? I had the web pages intact when they were first downloaded, so I know they weren't originally missing. Of course, the images are very important elements of the threads.

xantor ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2006 at 10:46 PM

When you download a page a drawer is made with the name of the file and the word files after it, you might have either moved these drawers or deleted them.

artnik ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2006 at 11:38 PM

These have never been moved or deleted. The images are just gone! I've had this happen on-line with some pages, when the site has gone down, but never on a saved page on my drives. This is new and somehow creepy, because these were saved to preserve the pages in the first place.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 1:39 AM

Is your browser set to show pictures? If the files are there and your browser is working properly then it is very strange.

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 2:10 PM · edited Mon, 10 April 2006 at 2:11 PM

Attached Link: Attached image bug :(

This may be an issue with the site update (downgrade?), some of the graphics seem to have got messed up :( Probably related to the problems in the attached post above.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 5:08 AM

It partially depends on how they're saved. You can choose to save only the html or the full load which includes pictures. Sounds to me like you did the first. And I guess the img tags now point to a wrong place, since the changeover of the forums. You could try opening one of the html pages in Wordpad and see what the img links point at. Perhaps it's something that is easy to change

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 8:31 AM

If he saved them in the past, the forum changing over shouldn`t affect them in any way.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.