Fri, Sep 20, 1:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Raw shooter???

short_ribs ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 1:21 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 11:43 PM

Hi all, Dose anyone here use raw shooter and if so what do ya thinkg of it??? C ya

I payed to get myself into an institution :m_tear: Check out my temporary site: APACHA

danob ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 2:33 AM

Does what it says on the box and better than most and it is free

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 6:33 AM

I started with the free version and later got the paid one. The free one does plenty but the pro version has a few extra adjustments which are quitfe handy. Either way, it is to me a fine program, preferred over the converter in Pootoshop.

Onslow ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 7:28 AM

I have tried it - don't like it. For me the controls are clumsy and very inclined to introduce noise. I prefer PS, or for the ultimate Capture One is the business.

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 7:35 AM

Onslow, I agree on noise. I do like the program but am careful of some settings for that reason, preferring to go "so far" in Rawshooter then finish in PS. I have not tried Capture One.

danob ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 7:38 AM · edited Mon, 10 April 2006 at 7:41 AM

Well horses for courses Richard, I think you have to adjust them with some care or it can be too much.. I have the Pro version of Capture one and bearing how much it cost makes me wince.. And while I have CS2 I prefer CSI for Raw file work, so guess it is up to personal tastes I will be ordering the Raw Essntials Premium after a trial I find this is far faster to do batch files and speeds up my workflow a great deal Was it the most recent version you tried Richard as the 2006 version are far better than 2005 esp the premium edition as Tom says

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt

Onslow ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 7:47 AM

Yes Danny - what suits one doesn't suit another, all personal taste at the end of the day and what you get used to. I have tried both the pro and the free verion of RSE 2006. I find capture One LE suits me the pro version has some extras which I don't really need and is a lot more expensive, I have tried the trial versions. At the moment nothing supports my new camera so I am shooting Jpeg's while I get familiar with using it, after that I will use PS most probably.

Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear

Onslow ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 8:08 AM

RSE I found it very difficult to get colours right and controls introduced noise unless used with extreme care. Capture One I found it very good for colour, sharpness and noise but the file handling is not so good. PS is in the middle of the two and given it's ease with introducing RAW images as smart objects in CS2 I think it has the advantage.

Edward Lear

LostPatrol ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 10:01 AM

RAW shooter is a great little program, and like most it has its pros and cons, as already discussed, but for free I doubt you will find anything better. You cant really loose, if you dont like it you have only wasted a few seconds download time. I use and prefer Adobe Camera RAW not so keen on the price tag lol also Adobe camera RAW keeps everything in one application so the workflow is linier, I like that.

The Truth is Out There

3DGuy ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 10:57 AM

I bought RS and I like it. Batch converting RAWs with PS is not something that works well for me.

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle
-= Glass Eye Photography =- -= My Rendo Gallery =-

azy ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 2:03 PM

Capture one is the one for me I really like the work flow, but I prefer to sharpen in photoshop using PK sharpener and for removing noise, Noise Ninja

Eggiwegs! I would like... to smash them!

UKmac ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 10:26 PM

Yep, started using Raw Shooter some months, never looked back. I was using the Canon software, YUCK!!! and then PSP9 for conversion, but now always RS. Steve

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.