Fri, Sep 27, 8:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: --Amazing Animal Deal At Daz!!!

Veritas777 ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 5:26 PM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 8:28 AM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemcart&item=4134

file_337004.JPG

Sure- this sounds like a COMMERCIAL! But how can ANYONE pass up a DEAL like THIS? Three excellent animals by Debra for just $1.40 !!!! Check It Out!!!

Elminster_ZK ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 5:31 PM

is that...a donkey?

"Walk down the right back alley in Sin City, and you can find anything."

iloco ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 5:39 PM

LOL, Well one of them is a donkey. I think the other is a hippo and a Bison or as we call them Buffalo. I got them and it was a good deal for the Animals. :)

ïÏøçö

Elminster_ZK ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 5:41 PM

Cool. Sounds like a great deal.

"Walk down the right back alley in Sin City, and you can find anything."

bruno021 ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 5:47 PM

He he, downloading right now, they look too cute to miss!

iloco ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 5:50 PM

I wish the Bison and Hippo came with some poses like the donkey. :) Ya that a very good buy and just two days ago they had 5 nice trees for only $1.00. :)

ïÏøçö

Veritas777 ( ) posted Wed, 05 April 2006 at 6:13 PM

file_337007.JPG

Yah, I missed the tree deal- and paid $4 something (with PC discount)- but still not a bad deal! I also just purchased the Toon Animal Pack as well- mainly to get the lemur, which I've always wanted for my Mysteries of Mu project- but got the other two since the price was so good... I'll start checking DAZ every day now- these deals are TOO GOOD to pass up!

RyanSpaulding ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 8:52 AM

What we should really do is have a sticky that people can post model/texture DEALS on (not advertising)...for things such as this that so many would have missed.

-Ryan Spaulding
 VueRealism.Com

SteveCat ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 9:27 AM

Newbie hand up! a. Its says $2.00 on the site, no big deal, but am I missing something? b. Will it render in Vue 5 with the fur, like the Bryce Image? c. Can I pose the amimals without Poser in or out of Vue 5 withought losing the textures?

Veritas777 ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 1:58 PM

SteveCat- The $1.40 price is for DAZ Platinum Club Members (probably a lot of Vue regulars here are DAZ PC Members I would bet) but- if not- you pay the additional 60 cents or $2.00. --of course if you see this link 24 hours later- the price has gone back up as these are just One Day Specials that DAZ is running! This makes people check over there every day to see what the Daily Special Model is. I think the price on the Animals will go back up again probably by the end of THIS DAY- so that by FRIDAY (If you are reading this then) the price will be back up again. And yes, these should render in Vue with the hair mats as Vue imports DAZ-Poser format models really well via the Poser file importer. Vue does NOT import DAZ Studio files, however...

spedler ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 3:45 PM

Thanks for the heads-up, Veritas - I picked these up PDQ! Also, the DAZ pteranodon (an older model) is on sale for about $4, so I took a chance on that, too.

Steve

Veritas777 ( ) posted Thu, 06 April 2006 at 5:06 PM · edited Thu, 06 April 2006 at 5:07 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains profanity

file_337139.jpg

Also- don't miss getting the FREE Tree Frog. You have to LOG IN to DAZ to get it (It's on the FRONT PAGE- bottom right)--The actual thumbnail prior to logging in does NOT show the Tree Frog- it shows the "Throne of Something-or-Other"- DAZ hasn't fixed this- its been like that for several days!

SteveCat ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 9:05 AM

How do I get these into VUE textured like the pictures? Please give specific instructions for the hippo. I loaded the obj file but of course its untextured. I tried to load the poser file pz2 but VUE doesn't import that. Help!

Veritas777 ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 1:56 PM

You need to have Poser to load the Poser files into Vue! Vue currently only supports Pz3 or Pzz (compressed) files. These require Poser as DAZ models are made primarily to load into Poser (like P4, Pro-Pack, P5, P6)... If you are using the Free DAZ Studio you may be able to export them out as OBJ, etc.- but I don't use DS myself. You will have to ask THAT question in the DAZ Studio forum here or over at Renderosity. So again, I use POSER to import into Vue as that is the BEST and EASIEST way to import Poser models with all their texture maps in place. Any other way requires a method like using DAZ Studio- which is probably your best option if you are new to Poser models and don't have Poser...

Veritas777 ( ) posted Fri, 07 April 2006 at 2:01 PM · edited Fri, 07 April 2006 at 2:02 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/program/studio/1_0index.php

file_337272.jpg

...Here's where to get the FREE DAZ STUDIO 1.0 Then you can load your Poser stuff into that and render it. But you will have to ask over at the DAZ Studio forums how they get their stuff into other programs- like Vue, etc. I'm sure they can tell you the best way to do it...

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 09 April 2006 at 6:52 PM

The new DAZ freebie this week is a morphing python. Very nice model, especially for free.

RyanSpaulding ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 8:53 AM · edited Mon, 10 April 2006 at 8:55 AM

Where is the Daz freebie? I cant find it anywhere... EDIT: NVM. I had to subscribe to the newsletter.

-Ryan Spaulding
 VueRealism.Com

Veritas777 ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 2:14 PM

Attached Link: http://free.daz3d.com/index.php?trid=363237204

file_337630.jpg

Ryan- Make sure you are logged into DAZ- on the front page- look at the Center-Right side- and see the Freebie of the week! As Randym77 said- it's a really nice one...

randym77 ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 6:26 PM

To get to the DAZ freebies without the newsletter, use the topbar menu. New to DAZ -> Free Products. Check out the freebie archive, too. Lots of nice stuff. Not all of it useable in Vue or Poser, but most of it is.

Veritas777 ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 1:03 AM

Attached Link: http://freebackend.daz3d.com/free_weekly/archive_list.php

file_337677.jpg

Yes! Thanks for reminding us where those DAZ Freebie's are stashed! I was looking for it today and couldn't find it anywhere- I forgot to check over on the FAR LEFT SIDE where that "New To DAZ" pull-down is... Plus you pretty much HAVE TO use this link as the DAZ March Madness promotion keeps blocking the Weekly Freebie! Last's weeks Freebie was blocked by the previous week's freebie- so in order to catch up on your DAZ Freebies- you need to go to that link above... Also- be sure and check the Bryce Freebie stash- If you happen to own Bryce 5- you can easily export Phillip Drawbridge's many fine Free Bryce models out in 3DS, COB, OBJ, etc format and import them into Vue!

LMcLean ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 10:42 AM

Disappointed in Daz Bison I bought the Bison, Donkey and Hippo for $2.00 then opened the Bison in Poser. I was quite disappointed at the quality though. I know the price is low so I shouldn't complain, but I was hoping for a little more realism. The legs are especially hard to move using the dials and the bison doesn't look good at all from the side or anything like the image above IMO. The old saying "You get what you pay for" applies here.

Veritas777 ( ) posted Tue, 11 April 2006 at 1:28 PM

Attached Link: http://www.vistainternetproducts.com/deb1.htm

file_337735.jpg

Well- the only other Bison around is $20.00 and its ALSO by Debra Ross.

You can buy it here at Vista Internet Products...

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 9:53 PM

Debra only modeled the donkey, I think.  She said the DAZ in-house modellers did the other two animals.

LMcLean, what version of Poser are you using?

Some advice, just in case you are a Poser newbie....

The bison figure comes in untextured.  You must use the provided MAT pose to apply the texture maps.  The texture, bump, and transparency maps add greatly to the realism. 

If you are using Poser 5 or 6, you may have to adjust the bump maps by hand.  They attach to the gradient node, or not at all, in P5/6.  They will be correct in PP. 

For posing...turn off Inverse Kinematics before you try posing.  (Figure -> Use Inverse Kinematics.   Uncheck everything.) 

LMcLean ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 11:36 AM

Quote - Debra only modeled the donkey, I think.  She said the DAZ in-house modellers did the other two animals.

LMcLean, what version of Poser are you using?

Some advice, just in case you are a Poser newbie....

The bison figure comes in untextured.  You must use the provided MAT pose to apply the texture maps.  The texture, bump, and transparency maps add greatly to the realism. 

If you are using Poser 5 or 6, you may have to adjust the bump maps by hand.  They attach to the gradient node, or not at all, in P5/6.  They will be correct in PP. 

For posing...turn off Inverse Kinematics before you try posing.  (Figure -> Use Inverse Kinematics.   Uncheck everything.) 

randym77, Thanks, yes I have Poser 6. I believe I loaded the model correctly, but I will try some of your suggestions when I can free up some time. Thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.