Tue, Oct 22, 12:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:57 pm)

Subject: DFX, 3DS

Darboshanski ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2001 at 5:37 PM ยท edited Mon, 22 July 2024 at 3:01 AM

Hi, I downloaded a few files in DFX and 3DS and they didn't work. What did I do wrong? They had no readme files attached. What do you do with these? Seal

My Facebook Page

TJ ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2001 at 5:44 PM

They didnt work? Did you import them into poser?

mertext ( ) posted Tue, 03 April 2001 at 9:43 PM

they didbt work in what? Poser supports both formats. 3ds is 3d studio format and dxf is autocad, both are popular formats in 3d modeling

aka MCDLabs
also known as Daniel Merrill a grumpy old disabled Jarhead.
checkout my freebies at
https://www.sharecg.com/pf/full_uploads.php?pf_user_name=mcdlabs

Doom Dancer ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2001 at 11:11 AM

Seal...AutoCAD DXFs will only worked in Poser if they have been "assigned" 3D faces. Bryce doesn't seem to need them and makes it's own but, Poser does not. I have run into the problem you are talking about but, only with AutoCAD DXFs or Models that were converted in AutoCAD2000 to 3Ds format. (it removes the mapping again) For what it's worth. Rob

doozy ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2001 at 7:41 PM

Mac or Windows? For Mac, DFX and 3DS should be run through Maconverter first, then Poser will import them.

Darboshanski ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2001 at 7:51 PM

It's all okay. I am very new to poser and all the things that work. I didn't understand the way the zip files were sent. What I was getting was a "empty" Icon. You know like when you have programs on your computer where the folder is empty there is this icon. Well, I found that clicking on these extracts the file and there was the proper DFX and 3DS files. Hey, I'm still a learn'in. Thanks for al your help. Seal

My Facebook Page

BlueRain ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2001 at 9:10 PM

ok download 3d explorer and resave them to 3ds no problem,and it's free, Check it out. http://www.xdsoft.com/explorer/

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.