Tue, Oct 22, 3:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Grass for lawns!!! (C3D)

RyanSpaulding ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 11:55 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 8:34 AM

Attached Link: GRASS!

Now at C3D is grass for lawns.  Just thought I'd let everyone know.

-Ryan Spaulding
 VueRealism.Com

bruno021 ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 2:28 PM

Gosh, this pack looks absolutely terrific!

Another sure hit, Linda!

Veritas777 ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 2:43 PM

Great Grass! ....Green Anoles just love lurking around in grass!

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 4:19 PM

Ooooooo, I just got it....love the grass.

spedler ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 4:44 PM

Picked this up the moment I saw it. Looks really good.

Steve

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 5:09 PM

Wish my grass at home looked this nice.  Great price too.

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

garyandcatherine ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 5:45 PM · edited Wed, 12 April 2006 at 5:47 PM

Oh yea, I saw this this morning and jumped on it faster than thirsty tick on a Georgia hound dog.  They look absolutely fantastic and are small in file size so you can populate a bunch of them and the file size is still small.

bruno021 ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 7:25 PM

yep, they're great, although  I find the clover too light green. But that's easy to change anyway. Great job, Linda, once again!

FrenchKiss ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 10:24 PM

Wow!!!!   :)   :)  :)

Thanks so much guys for your rave reviews of my grass pack. :)

If you want to change your grassy colors, by all means you can set a new overall color and overwrite the file in the pack. You will probably have to change colors with different scenes anyway depending on your scene atmosphere.

Jeez this didn't make my day, it made my year! lol

Kissies to all!

Linda

tradivoro ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 2:06 AM

Here's a dumb question, how exactly do the grass packs work?  I haven't used Vue in a while now, and am wondering how would I create a lawn using the grass pack?  Doesn't have to be long drawn out explanation just simple explanation is good... :)

bruno021 ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 2:47 AM

Simple, but first to make a lawn, you'll need Vue Infinite. If you have it then I'll explain it to you.

garyandcatherine ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 2:49 AM

LOL!

FrenchKiss ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 2:56 AM · edited Thu, 13 April 2006 at 2:58 AM

The grass in the packs works just the way the grass patch works. You just press on load plant, scroll to the Grassy Places folder and pop the plant into your scene.

edited to correct a silly typo

Boni ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2006 at 2:09 PM

The description said that the pack will work in Vue 5 Esprit too ... I'm confused.  (I'm waiting for my  next paycheck to purchase the Power Pack from e-frontier ... and then I'm jazzed to use Vue and Poser 6 together!!)

Boni

"Be Hero to Yourself" -- Peter Tork

martial ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2006 at 4:41 PM

You can use it  with eco material:field of grass.Nice one

Lyne ( ) posted Sat, 15 April 2006 at 11:59 PM

Take a look in my gallery at my Lush Pastures pic... this grass can be used in spots like an object or used in an eco-system like I did...lots of kinds of grass and it is best of all SOLID GROWTH - can't beat that for variety!! I can't say enough good things about this TEASURE!

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

FuzzyVizion ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2006 at 9:57 PM

one tiny stupid question before I buy the grass... does it wiggle in the wind like all other solid growth veg?

Thanks.

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 2:57 AM

When the original grass patch does, it does too.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Mazak ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 6:05 AM

Stupid Store! Why must I pay $1 extra when the cart value is < $10 ?? So I must pay $10.95 instead of $9.95. I am really pissed off by these bandits. 😠 

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Lyne ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 12:39 AM

that's why I wait till I have two things to buy, unfortunately... but grass is so worth it!

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

timoteo1 ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 11:32 PM

oooh, yes.  Going on the wishlist or maybe even straight to the cart.  Thanks for posting that ... I had give up hope. :)

-Tim

MimiCat ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 1:01 AM

Yes, so very beautiful grass pack indeed! It is really helpful to make scenes and for eco-ing as well. I love it very much especially the lovely clover patch! Thanks again, Linda!

I came to here for the first time, btw LOL

angora ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 1:51 AM

Hi!

The lush grass is also in my cart waiting for purchase. It looks sooo tasty... and who doesn't  need nice weeds in the lawn!?!  ;-)

But... have you seen 'Flink's grass' and 'fairytale grass' here at Renderosity?

They look delicious too and will work with the eco-systems... (I heard ;-)).

(just not growing... no mowing ;-))

Anyone familiar with those (in Vue)???

(lawn is getting expensive... ;-))

wabe ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 3:18 AM

Yes, both are options too, with one big difference. They are not done in solidGrowth technology as the Lush grass. That means that only in SolidGrowth each plant will be a slight variation to all others and does NOT look the same.

Not to forget that i found especially Flink's grass especially heavy in polygon count. Which makes your scenes hard to handle. A reason why i always prefer the Vue internal plant format SolidGrowth.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

firebolt ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 5:22 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1042217

If you like, take a look at this picture in my gallery.  It  was done in V5E and uses Flink's grass. Beautiful models. Haven't really tried them in Ecosystems, though. And yes, they are quite heavy if you have to place each plant as single object.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.