Mon, Sep 9, 4:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Baldy Dina V

Rendy ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 12:00 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 5:42 PM

Is there hair (character or prop) that fits Dina V without much trouble?

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 3:19 PM

Hair can be used across figure. I'm not familiar with Dina V...but with resizing the various parameter dials and using XYZ to place it, you should be able to fit any hair.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 12 April 2006 at 6:11 PM

Depends what you mean by "Trouble".  You can fit any hair to any character, they just won't conform/parent correctly if it's not one it was made for.  All you do - as Acadia said - is play around with the XYZ trans and scale dials.  Then parent it to the head.  Easy.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Rendy ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 8:21 AM

Thanks, people. However, resizing and parenting don't work well. When I re-pose Dina V the hair drops to her eyes! LOL.

ashley9803 ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 8:35 AM

Some pre-set poses do this I've noticed, even when the hair is parented.. They can also change facial expressions which need to be re-set. There's probably some way to get around this, but I just live with it.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 8:56 AM

Quote - Thanks, people. However, resizing and parenting don't work well. When I re-pose Dina V the hair drops to her eyes! LOL.

When you have scaled and parented the hair, select "Lock Actor" to keep it in place.

My Store

My Gallery

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 9:00 AM

whazzat Sam? I get white text on this light background..;) I can read it...barely..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 9:04 AM

Quote - whazzat Sam? I get white text on this light background..;) I can read it...barely..;)

Sorry, Pakled. It's this here text formatting doohickey.  I said to use "Lock Actor" once the hair is scaled and parented.

My Store

My Gallery

steerpike ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 9:04 AM

I have 3Dream's USC, which has a specific Dina V setting, and I'm pretty sure one or two other 3Dream sets do as well.

Rendy ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 9:23 AM

SamTherapy, thanks but locking the hair freezes it in space and it does not follow the character when there's a re-pose, or is it just me? I don't have 3Dream's USC, steerpike, but I go to 3Dream later. Thanks.

Berserga ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 9:40 AM

Sizing Vicky hair to fit on Dina is extremely easy... The problem you mentioned is a bug and can affect hair even on it's NATIVE model. Sizing hair in general to other figures is easy... I just used the M3/David "Morning hair" from Daz, on V2, and it looks great. I've taken to using Dina again lately... If ya can manage to pretty her up she is a great figure. She has problems, being such an ancient figure though, particularly in the shoulder and elbow joints. Still I like using her.

Rendy ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 9:52 AM

Berserga, thanks. I'm not sure whether you're addressing the problem, though. Does'nt the hair get dislocated when you re-pose the character?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 13 April 2006 at 9:56 AM

Be sure that you've actually parented the hair to the figure's head and not for instance the dress or something else.

I've had hair that needed to be reloaded and re-parented before it would stick though.. so I'm not quitee sure what causes it. I've just shrugged and contributed it to "Poser's Quirks" :lol:

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Rendy ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 9:10 AM

Bottom line: Animation would be impossible, then?

sturkwurk ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2006 at 12:20 PM

Quote - Bottom line: Animation would be impossible, then?

fully possible - I've done it.

I usually take the hair prop I want to adapt.  Re-parent it to the head of the figure I want to fit it to.
Then move it with the xyz axis dials and roughly get it into place.

Then I'll tweak the scale dials a little, or use a couple magnets to get the shape I need.

Then I'll spawn a morph for the hair.   Something like "DinaV fit" for your case.

Then remove the magnets and zero the hair back - apply my new morph and tada.

Doug

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.