Mon, Oct 21, 10:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: Michael Maps

Dwight Yorke ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2001 at 1:56 AM ยท edited Tue, 27 August 2024 at 8:04 AM

Could someone please explain the Maps used for textures on Michael. Most i see have seperate head ones to body one, and im very unfamiliar with Michael, and was wondering how this works. Plus if anyone has the plain simple Michael Template please send it me. Thanks in advance.

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2001 at 2:01 AM

Michael and Victoria are mapped differently than the normal Poser 4 models. The head is a separate map from the body which is supposed to allow much more detail or some such. Personally, I find it a real pain to work with when I'm texturing a model, but oh well, into each life some rain must fall, right? :) Kate (who misses being able to just click the "apply map to entire figure" box sigh)

Dwight Yorke ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2001 at 4:29 AM

Ok. So how precisely do you use both maps, as i cant quite figure it out.

picnic ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2001 at 7:13 AM

First, for the template, go to the Daz site and go to Victoria maps--the template are free downloads. To use the maps, the easiest way is to load both the body and head into the material area. Then load the head, click on 'apply map to entire figure'. Then--go to bodyskin in the list, load the body map, unclick 'apply map to entire figure'. Do this with each part that is included on the body map--like the nipples, finger and toe nails. It is easiest to start with texturing all with the head map because there are so many more parts--like headskin, teeth, eyelashes, eyebrows, lips, etc. Try it this way--its quite easy. BTW--make sure that everything on the Vicky model is white (except the eyelashes--and you will have to load and choose a Vic eyelash transparency map and make them 100% transparent when you select the eyelashes to get the beautiful eyelashes you see on images). Hope this helps. Diane

picnic ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2001 at 7:13 AM

Oops, I kept saying Vicky when I meant Mike--well, they work the same way.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.