Sat, Oct 5, 8:15 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: Liquinian War Dance - Animation

Becco_UK ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2006 at 3:59 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 6:18 AM

Attached Link: FIRST 100 FRAMES - QUICKTIME .MOV FORMAT (1.7Mb)

file_338515.jpg

Poser5 played a big part in getting this far with this modest animation so I thought it ok to post here as well as the Cinema forum.

I purchased some dance sequences by cmdctrlesc  from the market place and tagged some more frames on at the start and end. Then off to a fluid sim' via Cinema4D and this is how the first 100 frames of a 300+ sequence look so far (in QuickTime .mov format).

Haven't made a scene yet because the last time I tried something similar it ended in dramatic failure part way through the fluid simulation. Learning from the problems I'm hopeful this will be ok.

Thank you for your interest.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2006 at 5:46 PM

Becco... I AM interested. But every time I click your link, my Firefox freezes...

Any idea why?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Becco_UK ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2006 at 6:16 PM

ernyoka1: I assume you have QuickTime installed. Depending on your connection speed there would be a delay before QuickTime fires up for the 1.7Mb file.

Plan 'B' would be to right click the link and do a 'Save As' (or something like that) and run the .mov directly from the  saved location.

I know it doesn't help you but I did test the link myself and no problems have been mentioned in the Cinema forum.

I have no knowledge how your FireFox browser functions.

I may convert the finished rendered animation as a different format too for those without QuickTime.

Neyjour ( ) posted Sun, 16 April 2006 at 8:14 PM

I'm using Firefox and had no problems.  Very cool animation!  I really love the ground (water?) effect and rising up out of it.  😄

"You don't know what we can see
Why don't you tell your dreams to me
Fantasy will set you free." - Steppenwolf

Bobasaur ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 1:02 PM

this has excellent potential - it's very cool. You haven't described your "dramatic failure" but if that means the machine crashed... Many animators (myself included) render our sequences as a series of still images. One of the main reasons is that if the machine crashes it's easy to pick up where you left off. You can then assemble the images as a movie in another program and compress them as desired. QuickTime Pro will import an image sequence and export a movie. You can add audio in QuickTime Pro as well - within certain limits.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

Becco_UK ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 4:13 PM

Attached Link: FULL SEQUENCE - QUICKTIME .MOV FORMAT (10Mb)

file_338944.jpg

**Bobasaur**: Thank you. The problem with my earlier effort was encountered during the fluid simulation stage and not during rendering. One frame of the animated figure was faulty and ended many hours of fluid sim' calculation in an unwanted 'explosion' of particles leaving the controlling volume of the figure. Although the fluid sim had saved data for each frame it would still have meant restarting anyway due to a new animation being used at the fluid sim' stage. I learnt to check each frame of the initial aniamtion on a frame by frame basis since!

This time was more successful. I now have a full sequence ready to go into a scene as depicted in the updated QuickTime .mov (15 seconds duration, 10Mb file size)

Bobasaur ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 4:46 PM · edited Wed, 19 April 2006 at 4:49 PM

One of the things I like about rendering stills is that if a few frames have something messed up (poke-thru for example) I can often clean it up in Photoshop far quicker than re-rendering the full animation. This isn't relevant for you at this point but I figured I'd add it for anyone else that might be following this thread. This looks very cool. My only suggestion would be to show what it's running from - maybe one of those Scare Bears or some other cute little thing. ;-)

Becco_UK ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 4:57 PM

Bobasaur: I agree about rendering stills - far more flexible. The surface is a seperate animated by deformation object so thats easy enough to replace when I finally decide the setting. I have tried a couple of lighting solutions and need some thinking time to get this finalised.

I am thinking more about your 'chase' idea - excellent, thank you.

Bobasaur ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2006 at 5:04 PM

It's a very interesting look. And it appears quite complex - so It's impressive. You could have "death beams" coming out of the eyes of the cute little creature doing the chasing. {grin} Some would say that was "sick" or "twisted" instead of "excellent."

bigjobbie ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 10:23 AM

OMG - it's actually a bit scary...like some kind of apparition...

Cool!

Cheers

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.