Tue, Oct 22, 10:01 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 9:37 am)

Subject: Does Daz3d Have something called ArtZone?

Gawain ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 2:47 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 10:00 AM

I received the e-mail below. I clicked on the link and entered some information. I DID NOT use the same log in name or passwords I use on Daz3D or any personal information. I could not log into ArtZone after registering. I went to Daz3D and tried to log on to my account there. Daz3D now shows there is no record of my account. I was sent a new password with instructions and a link to change my account information and password. I DID NOT click on the link or change any information. Have I been scammed? I don't know why I haven't been able to log on to my Daz3D account. Any suggestions on what I should do? I am using a Macintosh with Safari. Dear Platinum Club Member, We are pleased to invite you to create your free account at ArtZone.com (now in Open Beta, by invitation only), DAZ's new online community centered around all kinds of art, artists, art fans, fans of artists, etc! To activate your free account, just click here, then click on the link to import your DAZ Account Information, and start setting up your profile. ArtZone is an on-line site built by artists for artists, and it's not only about 3D! It is the place to showcase your portfolios with drawings, paintings, music, sculpture, film, blogs and more. ArtZone is a community for artists to create galleries of work, and showcase them to the world. It also has tremendous networking features that will allow you to collaborate with other talented artists, make new friends and enjoy seeing the art created by other people. In addition, if you know of any artists (or anyone for that matter) that you feel would be interested, we encourage you to personally invite them to join using the tools built into the site. (Just click the Invite button on the main toolbar.) We look forward to seeing you on ArtZone, and look forward to getting to know you better! DAZ's Biggest Announcement Ever Early next week, DAZ is going to make its biggest announcement ever. We plan to debut this announcement on ArtZone prior to the public announcement. So make sure you create your account right away. -The DAZ ArtZone Team

wisq ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 3:12 AM · edited Fri, 21 April 2006 at 3:21 AM

I thought DAZ was Digital Art Zone anyway ?

You could always WHOIS the site and see where that takes you.

ETA: 

http://www.google.com/search?q=site:artzone.com Gives loads of hits but non of the links work.

The only one that looks like anything to do with DAZ is:

ArtzoneThis page has moved. Click here to go back to the main page. artzone.daz3d.com.
artzone.com/index.html - 1k -Cached - Similar pages

Xena ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 3:42 AM

Art Zone is a genuine website, run by Daz. You haven't been scammed. There is a technical difficulty with the log in. Go over to the Daz forum. I believe there is information posted there.

dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 4:40 AM

Attached Link: Advance fee fraud

Has any fees been requested?  Have any monies changed hands? Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

Bea ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 4:51 AM

At the moment this is for PC members only I believe

Xena ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 5:14 AM

:glare: There are no advanced fee's being asked for, nor any fee's at all.

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 5:27 AM

I signed on with my existing DAZ member info and was fine.  It coughed and choked bit at the styart, but I even managed to get an entry into my blog there, yeah.

But.... I don't know why this site exists.  The forums over at the store site were lively.  The same content restrictions apply to posts / blog entries.  But visually, it's nicer.

Eternal Hobbyist

themomster0 ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 6:35 AM

I got in there o.k., but I also question why the need for 2 sites.  I am also curious as to what the Huge Announcement is.

"DAZ's Biggest Announcement Ever
Early next week, DAZ is going to make its biggest announcement ever. We plan to debut this announcement on ArtZone prior to the public announcement. So make sure you create your account right away.

-The DAZ ArtZone Team"

steerpike ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 7:18 AM

I got in OK, but the messages could be a little user friendly:

**"David has 0 Friends"

**It's not true...

The "biggest announcement" has to be bigger than, say, M3 and V3 for free, Bryce, and the Platinum Club. I suspect it won't be V4, which wouldn't have enough of a surprise element.

Jcleaver ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 7:36 AM

I suspect the announcement will be V5, totally skipping V4.  ;)

dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 7:55 AM · edited Fri, 21 April 2006 at 7:58 AM

Who says I have no friends?  This is an insult!!  An outrage!!
David P. Hoadley

PS:  Who care about the Vickies anyway?!  All they are is resource intensive, and UGLY as sin!  This is why I"M sticking with Eve 4.

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

rreynolds ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 9:56 AM

It's almost a carbon copy of MySpace. The difference between Artzone and the DAZ forums is that they're trying to start up a new community that isn't limited ot 3D art. It's basically another means of cross-promotion. At this point in time, I doubt I'll really get involved with it. Who's got time to get involved with another forum?

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 10:18 AM

Not to mention the fact that nobody can be over the age of 50.  In the profile section, when you attempt to create your profile, there are no years of birth availabie prior to 1956 - so for those of us who were born BEFORE that point, I guess we're just not wanted or something.  No big.  Not like I need yet another lame website to keep track of.

Kate (who is a couple of years PAST 50, thankyewveddymuch)

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 10:38 AM

Seemed a bit like DeviantArt (which I love!).  I registered, but then it wouldn't let me in. I tried again and it said my email address was already in use. :P

bB

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 10:46 AM

Luckily, I'm younger than 50, but I did find that cutoff to be odd.

Any rumors on this "Biggest Announcement Ever"?  As noted, this cannot be Bryce, V4 or M4, or some other piddly increment.  My thoughts are (drum roll please):

• Poser content usable in Bryce  (don't know if that is "Big") 😄

• Worse for me: plugins that allow Poser content in other 3D applications (I'll be retaining lawyers).

• DAZ3D is purchasing Poser from eFrontier - that would be something.

Let the speculations fly.

I can honestly say that I have 0 friends now... :crying:

Robert

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

DrunkMonkey ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 11:10 AM

Maybe the "Biggest Announcement Ever" is the next release of DAZ Studio featuring the long sought after "Make Art" button :P

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 11:13 AM

Heh heh, for me, a big announcement would be the company lists on the New York Stock Exchange.

Eternal Hobbyist

bigjobbie ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 11:52 AM

The only big surprise I could think of was them buying Poser - but seems unlikely...

Yeah, V4 isn't a "biggest announcement ever" type of deal...

Maybe they've sucessfully cloned Stonemason!?

Woo!

DaQuestioner ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 11:56 AM · edited Fri, 21 April 2006 at 11:56 AM

Sadly enough, I think the "biggest announcement ever" they are referring to may be the opening of their ArtZone website to the general public.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 12:00 PM

That would be the "Biggest Disappointment Ever" then, DaQuestioner...

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

stonemason ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 12:03 PM

Quote - The only big surprise I could think of was them buying Poser - but seems unlikely...

Woo!

sweet..I'm goin on holiday :)

Cg Society Portfolio

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 12:10 PM

Quote -

• Worse for me: plugins that allow Poser content in other 3D applications (I'll be retaining lawyers).

:looks confuzzled:  Whatever for? Wouldn't that mean even more people looking to buy your stuff?

msg24_7 ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 12:19 PM

Quote - > Quote -

:looks confuzzled:  Whatever for? Wouldn't that mean even more people looking to buy your stuff?

I think, the stuff he is selling is plugins that allow Poser content in other 3D applications 😉

Yesterday's the past, tomorrow's the future, but today is a gift. That's why it's called the present.

Byrdie ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 12:32 PM

Okay, that makes sense. :-)

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 12:45 PM

Kuroyume -- hunt me down and You'll have at least one...

well, if you can stand the thought of a crazy girl for a friend....

As for the Big Announcement, Dan Farr was in the chat room there last night and while he didn't declare what, he did mention that it was not V4, and that it will be said in the ArtZone first...

And yes, it is a MySpace. Except on php...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 1:14 PM

Quote - > Quote - The only big surprise I could think of was them buying Poser - but seems unlikely...

Woo!

But would that mean you'd have to split the profits? Hmmm..... :biggrin:

Robert

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

spedler ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 1:18 PM

Quote - Not to mention the fact that nobody can be over the age of 50.  In the profile section, when you attempt to create your profile, there are no years of birth availabie prior to 1956 - so for those of us who were born BEFORE that point, I guess we're just not wanted or something.

Also, no-one is allowed to be under 3.0 feet high. That's heightist, that is.

I signed up out of interest but the grovelling Daz adulation in the 3D forum was so nauseating I won't be back in a hurry. Anyway, I haven't time for yet another forum.

Steve

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 1:20 PM

Quote - Kuroyume -- hunt me down and You'll have at least one...

well, if you can stand the thought of a crazy girl for a friend....

As for the Big Announcement, Dan Farr was in the chat room there last night and while he didn't declare what, he did mention that it was not V4, and that it will be said in the ArtZone first...

And yes, it is a MySpace. Except on php...

Kyewl ;)

Yes, after spending years of development on what will soon be interPoser Pro, such a move would be devastating - though it only works with Cinema 4D.  Currently enjoying the pain and torture of implementing master/slave controls (valueOps or FBM/PBM/JCM/ERC).  It is grueling.

My question is - in which forum are we supposed to be awaiting this announcement?  I've never used anything like 'MySpace' before (and really don't go for that type of thing).   Is it to be expected that a new forum structure will be implemented at about the same time?

Robert

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 1:24 PM

oh, hell if I know.

I think I'm way to old to really be using this, myself, but if it was me, I'd use the announcements thingy to send one out to everyone -- bulletins I think they are called.

If nothing else, it will certainly quiet things down here a bit.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Tashar59 ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 3:19 PM

I thought that we payed to get those kind of big announcements first with the PC membership.

I don't have much faith in a site that makes you jump through loops to get in and then screws your account at the mother site. Coordinators that don't read posts right or read them at all and make snoty remarks. Assholes and lips come to mind as the old saying goes. (weiner for those that don't know the saying)

It seems to be one place that it's good not to have friends. I find it hard to be there with all the adverts flashing in my face. Guess you can tell I'm not impressed.

DrunkMonkey ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 3:30 PM

Quote - > Quote - The only big surprise I could think of was them buying Poser - but seems unlikely...

Woo!

Oh no you don't. Get back to your oar and keep rowing :P

Gongyla ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 4:48 PM

1/ They merge with Newtek.
2/ They stop selling Poser content and start a DAZzling pitta bar.
3/ They finally confess they're in fact aliens
4/ They've been invited for tea at Buckingham Palace because they have added the royal family to the millenium characters, so HM is convinced she'll rule for another thousand years.
5/ They move to China
6/ All people who created stuff for their characters will get a letter from their lawyers insisting they should pay 50% of their income to the original creators.
7/ They've made it, and they're happy.
8/ It was the intention that Vicky married Ken (sorry: Michael) but Michael fell in love with David, so...

etc etc...

Puntomaus ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 5:51 PM

Quote - oh, hell if I know.

I think I'm way to old to really be using this, myself, but if it was me, I'd use the announcements thingy to send one out to everyone -- bulletins I think they are called.

If nothing else, it will certainly quiet things down here a bit.

Yep, I noticed that you've already discovered this feature :m_laugh:

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

Puntomaus ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 5:57 PM

Quote - Seemed a bit like DeviantArt (which I love!).  I registered, but then it wouldn't let me in. I tried again and it said my email address was already in use. :P

bB

On the sign up page is a huge orange button Import your DAZ account - did you try this? You have to enter the email you are using when you login at DAZ and then click on that button. Your info and all will then be imported to ArtZone.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 6:18 PM

Maybe the big announcement is that DAZ has bought out Microsoft ?? :)

Xena ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 7:30 PM

Quote - Maybe they've sucessfully cloned Stonemason!?

Can I have 3 clones please ... one to look after the kids, one to work on Poser content and one to go on holidays with Stonemason :biggrin:

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 7:33 PM

mutters nasty things about demanding divas and readies three more chambers...

Man, make a deal with the devil and ya never live it down....

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 7:54 PM

what's DAZ ?

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Kendra ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 10:39 PM

I'm enjoying it, looks a bit like MySpace but then I've only been there once or twice.  It took me a few times to get logged in as well but haven't had any problems since. 

...... Kendra

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 11:44 PM

Quote - The only big surprise I could think of was them buying Poser - but seems unlikely...

Woo!

Nope it's not V4, I asked in the chat last night at the Zone.  It's a nice idea and I like that it's like MySpace but for artists to meet, greet, share and work projects together. 

They DO allow nudity and all the other adult stuff but you have to go into your Basic prefs and at the bottom of the page uncheck  the boxes that say Do NOT view violent images, Do NOT view nude images & Do NOT view controversial images.  I might be wrong but I have viewed a couple of really graphic images so far, it's certainly NOT as prudish as the main DAZ forums are!!   They may be testing this as well to see if the Zone would be a good replacement for their own forums (did you ever think about that?)(hmmmm?).   Galleries are bigger, better and allow for more content.  The forums are OK and will expand as needed, the chat room is a blast, blogs are there and you can even use your profile to meet folks for what ever your in to besides art. 

It's a good idea so don't trash it unless you've given it a good try first!!   :closedeyes:  Also keep in mind there are ALLOT of bugs that need to be squashed still.  It's a new set up so be patient and if something is not working then bring it to their attention, that's how bugs get squashed.  It was supposed to be opened to just the PC members but that changed once a few X PC members got invites by accident so now it's pretty much open door for everyone as long as you have an invite to get in and each new member gets a number of invites to..... invite others!!  :woot:

As for the big announcement I mentioned that it had to be a new program since it didn't seem to be a new figure and then it just didn't get talked about.  So I'm thinking DAZ has got a new something up their sleeves.  Maybe Bryce 6 or maybe they are blending DAZ Studio and Bryce together..... you never know!!  😉

Richard ;-)~

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 1:42 PM

there is one other extremely slim possibility (other than daz buying poser or daz changing its distribution package relating to daz studio): they might announce a deal with some cartoon studio or motion picture studio that involves daz characters, maquettes and/or software. the reason it's extremely unlikely is that nobody would be crazy enuff to throw money at a project involving "realistic" human characters, which the general public finds to be repellent, annoying and even abhorrent. they have absolutely no knowledge of poser, daz studio, lightwave, 3ds max or any other software, but they instinctively recoil when they see these depictions. but if it's a deal involving non-photo-realistic cartoon character development, then there's a slight chance of that. I was hoping it would be eovia that would buy poser, and not daz, because it's not a good idea for the poser vendors to control most of the development of new poser characters, as it puts too big a crimp on innovation and free- market economics IMVHO.

steerpike ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 2:08 PM · edited Sat, 22 April 2006 at 2:09 PM

Quote - 1/ They merge with Newtek.

Not a merger, but a Newtek link isn't so far-fetched, given that they sell Lightwave on the site.

Maybe they've obtained Inspire3D to play with? Newtek were supposed to be reviving it, but nothing's happened on this front for nearly a year.

DarkSkills ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 11:20 PM

All this is very interesting...

Stay Focused.

Netherworks ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 2:48 AM

That's what I'm thinking... DAZ has a Poser competitor, they have a landscaping tool, they have mimic.  But they don't have a general purpose modeling application.  So they could be reviving an application (just like they rescued Bryce from the clutches of Corel) that is in or headed for limbo.

Also, It could be a graphics or illustrating application if the answer is a program acquisition.  Say, PSP?

And yeah, I agree, it could be a tight partnership with NewTek.

jjsemp ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 3:07 AM

I don't think it has anything to do with Newtek and Lightwave.

EOVIA, the maker of Carrara, has just announced that they are making a special announcement on April 25th. And I quote:

*"**We will be making a very important announcement on April 25. In preparation for this announcement, there will be some changes made to the Eovia website and webstore. These changes will begin to take effect at midnight California time on April 24.

Thank you for your support.

Best regards,
Bob Stockwell
Director, Sales and Marketing
Eovia Corp."*

So I think that Eovia and Daz have something happening together.

Perhaps it's a merger, or one is buying the other. Or maybe Carrara is being further integrated with the world of Poser and Daz Studio.

That's my guess.

-jjsemp

Netherworks ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 3:13 AM

Yeah, I've been reading about that too.  It's just too coincidental, yes?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 3:18 AM

Well, if that turns out to be the gist of the 'Biggest Announcement Ever!", I'm disappointed.  I don't use Carrara, nor do I intend to in the near, distant, or perfect future tense.  We'll see.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Netherworks ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 3:26 AM

Well, whatever it is, it's going to be Hype-O-Matic.  We tend to see this everywhere - Biggest Announcement Ever! - Huge Savings 10% off, etc ;)

Yeah, I'm pleased with my current utility set so I'll likely just shrug a bit if it's a software aquisition.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 3:46 AM

Daz3D?  OverHype?  Never!!! ;)

I shouldn't complain.  If they find some way to bring Carrara and D|S together, that would definitely add advantages to Carrara users (Wolf359 will be very happy).  jjsemp has assuredly made an interesting correlation.  Again, wait and see (and speculate, speculate, speculate!!).  ;P

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Dave-So ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 7:54 AM

The Eovia/DAZ deal is where most of the speculation is now pointed. I, too, will probably not get too excited, unless they give away Carrara or Hexagon for free. I'm in no position to buy another program right now, nor would I anyway.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

themomster0 ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 9:07 AM

I just checked the Eovia website and clicked on Products.  There is a section for DAZ.  Bryce, Mimic, and Studio (shows free).  I don't know if this was always there since I am a total noob to 3D.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.