Tue, Oct 22, 10:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 9:37 am)

Subject: Does Daz3d Have something called ArtZone?

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 9:55 AM

This wild speculation is all VERY interesting, but do any of you reckon on how foolish you will feel if and when it all turns out to be something completely different?  As suggested earlier, the 'Big Announcement' will most likely be nothing more than the opening of the new forum itself.
is it just me, or is anyone else reminded by all this hurrying and scurrying about, of Shakespeare's 'Much Ado About Nothing'?
David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

bigjobbie ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 11:29 AM

It's Daz's "Biggest Announcement Ever" - not "Big Announcement" - and the Artzone Forum has already been announced anyway, so there's nothing left to be announced Big, Biggest or otherwise...

Okay, everyone's idea of what a "Biggest Announcement Ever" might be is different - but the Artzone forums are practically ancient history now...

What's that quote? "A week is a long time in politics.." Well, a DAY is a long time on the web!

Cheers

Netherworks ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 12:17 PM

Nah, I'm already foolish so I reckon I'll feel quite normal ;)

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 6:06 PM

I tend to agree with Netherworks and bigjobbie.  If this were about the forum, that would be "The Least Significant Announcement Ever". ;)  And if it were anything like "Bryce 6" or "V4", well that doesn't seem to warrant such a prognostication on the part of DAZ.  The acquisition of Bryce was bigger than any new version in comparison.  So, the speculation may be just that, but there is no need to feel foolish about doing so. ;P

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 12:20 PM

The announcement is absolutely not about the ArtZone or V4.

That is a paraphrased quote from Dan Farr. So those two things can be ruled out entirely.

Continue with the speculation. I'm leaning twoards the Eovia-DAZ angle myself, but interested in seeing which direction it goes in if that's the case (merger, buyout, what...).

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 2:01 PM

Wasn't Carrara originally RayDream Studio?

I see Bryce, Carrara and Poser (OK Daz Studio more likely)  coming back as one big family, like in the good old MetaCreations days L

The Biggest Announcement Ever... I dunno.. As exciting as it is if they buy Carrara or merge with that.. it's just not all that interesting for most people here.

Perhaps they've bought Rosity? Or RDNA?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

bigjobbie ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 2:07 PM

You can probably rule out the Eovia connection - they've just announced the release of their own landscape generator proggie called "geo-control" - looks like a direct competitor for Bryce.

If Daz is pushing Bryce to be their most important piece of software, no doubt there will be some sort of counter-move to Eovia's pricing structure.

Cheers

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 2:20 PM

Mimic compatibility for M3 genitals? :D

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

PJF ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 2:25 PM

I can't see an Eovia ownership connection to Geo-Control.

That's a third party announcement on a non-official users' forum.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 2:27 PM

a daz/eovia product similar to Transposer would be useful (if that's the big announcement) but it can't be the "biggest announcement ever" IMVHO.

bigjobbie ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 2:33 PM · edited Mon, 24 April 2006 at 2:39 PM

PJF: *"I can't see an Eovia ownership connection to Geo-Control.

That's a third party announcement on a non-official users' forum."*

Yep, you know you're absolutely right:

http://www.eovia3d.net/front.php

this was the link I was directed to and I mistook it for the official Eovia site - explains why there's no Eovia badge/logo on the geo-control site.

Okay, back to the Eovia/Daz merger speculation! heheh

Cheers 

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 2:36 PM

The Daz code boys & girls have just about finished working on Bryce6 & want to announce that it'll be released soon.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

Bobasaur ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 2:51 PM · edited Mon, 24 April 2006 at 2:52 PM

Has anyone speculated yet about full integration of Daz Studio and Bryce 7 so that all Poser content can now be directly opened up within and animated within and textured within and rendered within Bryce? Obviously with a new render engine that's 10x as fast, optimised for multiple processors and MacOSX. And If mine is the correct guess can I win an autographed copy of Deecey's book?

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

PJF ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 2:57 PM · edited Mon, 24 April 2006 at 2:58 PM

Quote - The Daz code boys & girls have just about finished working on Bryce6 & want to announce that it'll be released soon.

That could well be it, Lucifer_The_Dark. I wouldn't put it past DAZ to hype that as their 'biggest announcement ever'.

But the Eovia connection is way more fun for so many good reasons.

tastiger ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 5:12 PM

If you want a few more hints - venture over the Carrara forum - there is some speculation there that sounds as if it is right on the money....

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

themomster0 ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 6:33 PM

Check today's front page at Art Zone.

ynsaen ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 7:36 PM

Ha!!!

Have to read it over there unless someone comes in and spoils it or you can wait until tomorrow...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Mercytoo ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 11:47 PM

Let's just say... someone called it. Good call.

jjsemp ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 12:50 AM · edited Tue, 25 April 2006 at 12:51 AM

Well I guess I'm one of the ones that called it (see my earlier message in this thread).

Do I get a prize?

-jjsemp

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 2:55 AM

I don't use Carrara or Eovia, so I don't know how this corporate MnA benefits me as a DAZ content customer and DAZ Studio user.  The announcement is out BTW.

Eternal Hobbyist

bigjobbie ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 3:39 AM

Quote - Well I guess I'm one of the ones that called it (see my earlier message in this thread).

Do I get a prize?

-jjsemp

Yes, you get to bask in the warm glow of self-satisfaction! (come on, who doesn't love that!)

Infinity: I think it's more about an affordable upgrade path to more complex apps from D|S etc once a user decides they want to expand their 3D skills.

Cheers

jjsemp ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 4:33 AM

"Yes, you get to bask in the warm glow of self-satisfaction! "

Aw, shucks. I was hoping for a Lamborghini. :huh:

-jjsemp

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.