Sat, Oct 5, 9:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: Completely OT: Past lives

byAnton ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 11:11 AM · edited Wed, 07 August 2024 at 10:04 PM

file_339212.jpg

Was going through some portfolio pics I still kept from by old fashion days and found a pic of Kyrstal from when we were all in our 20's. Krystal was a make-up client. Here is a pic of the last face I did for her.

And then I decided on a lark to google her and I found her site. :) http://www.krystal-usa.com/

Anyway, thought it would be fun to show a glimpse of what I did before Poser. :) And might go back to, though i am far to old now.. :)

-Anton

Back to Poser... :) hehe

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 11:17 AM

I thought the pic was Miki all morphed and posed, and I was beginning to say - Spit !  Spit !  I am SO envious, then I read your words, and I realised, Oh, she's a real person.

Eternal Hobbyist

byAnton ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 11:44 AM · edited Fri, 21 April 2006 at 11:51 AM

Thanks. I'm into quotes atm.

Krystal was just a client. :) I might try and say hi while in Boston for Siggraph.

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Bobasaur ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 12:08 PM

Sorry about that. When I was replying all I saw was the last line of your post ("a glimpse of what I did before Poser") so I got it stuck in my head you were being naughty and talking about old relationships. I deleted my post cause I re-read it when I checked my reply and realized that she was your client, not a relationship. We must have cross posted only I was deleteing instead of posting. I really did meet Bo Derek though, and we really did break up before we even started dating. I take it you don't know who originally said that quote.

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

ockham ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 12:22 PM

I can't judge whether Krystal is a successful model or singer, but

she certainly knows how to pick web designers!  That's a fine Flash site.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Dave-So ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 8:02 PM

Judgement is realized by listening and looking...both point to a verdict of very fine.

Anton, I think I would go back to makeup if I were you, as long as the clients were all so beautiful. It would be a real pleasure, I'm sure.

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Bobasaur ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 9:00 PM

If I were a betting man, I'd bet that the problem with doing makeup is that the vast majority of your clients actually need it. but I could be wrong.

byAnton ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 10:41 PM · edited Fri, 21 April 2006 at 10:43 PM

I left for a reason. Boredom motivates change. I woud likely do a book opr something rather than faces again.

Makeup clients are usually in the fashion industry or just in the public eye. Forr them it isn't about needing it but rather pampering themselves or the excitement of trying a new look for a party.

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 11:48 PM · edited Fri, 21 April 2006 at 11:49 PM

I'm resigned to using my desktop and it's so old that the pictures in threads on this forum won't show for me.  Can you tell me which thumbnail on the site you are referring to?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

byAnton ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 11:57 PM

I didn't understand at first. The pic I posted is from over 10 years ago. It wa sfrom my computer, not the site.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 12:07 AM

Oh.  Sorry.  Anyway, I can't see the picture, it only shows as a red X to me.   I thought it was one from the site you linked to.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

grahamjames ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 5:39 PM

Anton, if you do decide to look her up take a digitiser with you!

Jackson ( ) posted Sat, 22 April 2006 at 6:08 PM

What I did before Poser:

Starting at age 5:

Heavy labor, mowing lawns & other outdoor chores for 10 cents. Also worked in a tire shop, sweeping floors and moving tires.

Age 6: Added door-to-door selling.  Raked up the walnuts from the seven walnut trees in my back yard, dried, shelled and bagged them. Sold them door-to-door for 5 cents each.

Age 8: Promoted at the tire shop.  Still sweeping floors but now also loading and unloading trucks and railroad cars.  Also still doing all of the above.

Age 10: Now able to "buff" the whitewalls into tires and mount tires onto customers’ cars. Twenty-five cents a tire. Still doing all of the above.

Age 15: Went to work as a busboy for a large catering service.  Earned one dollar an hour, taxed, no tips.

Age 18: Went to work in a steel mill doing general labor and working on the hot bed.

Age 18: Joined the Army as a Military Policeman. Got into a little trouble and was made a clerk.  This was my introduction to computers.  Attended college during this time.

Age 21: Got out of Army and went back to steel mill.

Age 22: Got a job with P&LE Railroad as a computer operator.

Age 24: Got a job with city street department as a Heavy Equipment Operator.

Age 26 to 45: Would rather not say.  Also during this time learned about computers and programming. Wrote one piece of commercial software; broke even.

Age 41 through 45: Taught computers & varying software at an adult vocational school.

Age 45 through 48: Ran my own computer graphics company. Did quite well but got tired of the long hours and hard work. Closed the company. Picked up Poser One.

Present time: Retired from the "rather not say" job  Still dabbling in graphics for a buck or two.  Also into photography professionally.

During all this I managed (barely) to stay out of jail. Also obtained two wives—not at the same time—and one beautiful daughter.

HEY, wake up!

byAnton ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2006 at 10:06 PM

:) Yo were a stripper wheren't ya? Admit ti. :)

Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 12:05 PM

“:) Yo were a stripper wheren't ya? Admit ti. :)”

Wellll....never professionally ;)

It appears I killed your thread, Anton.  Sorry, I didn’t mean it, honest!

byAnton ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 8:28 PM

:) hehe

byAnton ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 8:33 PM

file_339635.jpg

Hey I adopted a kitty. His name is Simon and he is one year old. So friendly. Brought him home from the shelter Sunday.

byAnton ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 8:34 PM

file_339636.jpg

I am such a sap. I have been completely suckkered into the cat thing. :)

Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 9:40 PM

Okay, this is creepy...but true:

Years ago I  adopted my very first cat and named him Simon. He was colored exactly the same as yours.

Dave-So ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 9:42 PM

they have 9 lives

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

byAnton ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 9:51 PM

really? that is creepy. I promise this isn't the same cat.

Jackson ( ) posted Mon, 24 April 2006 at 10:45 PM

Hmm...are you sure? My Simon ran away when I moved, haven’t seen him since.*  Well, if Dave-so is right about 9 lives, and your Simon is my Simon, he must be on his 3rd life because that was about 25 years ago.

** - That was a real bummer, I got him at about six weeks of age and had him for 3 years. We got along great; I guess he just didn’t like the move.*

Bobasaur ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 4:01 PM · edited Tue, 25 April 2006 at 4:02 PM

I've seen threads drift before but this is full-fledged transdimensional modulation.

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 4:14 PM · edited Tue, 25 April 2006 at 4:15 PM

You think this is drift? lol. CHeck out the DarkWingZero/Cat thread in the copyright forum. :)

infinity10 ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 7:13 PM

past lives, past lives, not drifting at all, synchronicities etc etc...

Eternal Hobbyist

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.