Mon, Sep 9, 4:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 4:56 pm)

Subject: HyperVue Question

chippwalters ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 9:34 AM · edited Mon, 09 September 2024 at 4:45 AM

How come in Render Options, when I choose Render to Disk, the Use HyperVue button becomes disabled? I was under the impression you need to render to disk for large images. According to the manual, HyperVue should be available for either render to screen or render to disk.

Any help is appreciated :-)

TIA - Chipp

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 9:45 AM

HyperVue renders stills to screen.

chippwalters ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 10:00 AM

Are there any significant problems with rendering a large 3K still to the screen?

Just wondering....

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 10:50 AM

Humm, sorry what size is 3k?

chippwalters ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 12:16 PM

OOPS sorry, 3K is 3000 pixels x ~2000 pixels.

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 12:33 PM

You shouldn't have any problem rendering this to screen with Hypervue.

RyanSpaulding ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 12:54 PM

...if you have 2GB ram.  I frequently ran into OOM errors until I got my 2nd GB stick of RAM installed.

-Ryan Spaulding
 VueRealism.Com

chippwalters ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 1:13 PM

Great...I do have 2 Gb...Interesting though the other computers I'm networked to have only 1Gb, and one of them is a 1.66GHz Core Duo laptop, which renders faster than my 3.+ GHz 2Gb Desktop.

RyanSpaulding ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 1:56 PM

Well, I've found that the comp running the file is slower than usual in it's rendering performance and doesn't escape the ram hit like the networked comps do.

-Ryan Spaulding
 VueRealism.Com

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2006 at 2:06 PM

Ryan, it's normal I think that the comp running the hypervue manager renders slowlier than ususal. This is why it's best to use the network for big and/or high quality renders. Otherwise, it would be slowlier than rendering on a single machine.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.