Fri, Sep 20, 2:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: Daz's new freebie

spudgrl ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2001 at 9:27 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:33 AM

Sweaters for vic and mike. :) Cant wait to see vickis new clothing pack. And vic 2.

poserpro ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 3:20 AM

where is the freebies? it seems to me only the free propack kids all the time since DAZ gave them free?

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 4:36 AM

I can't get in, been trying all day. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 7:01 AM

Can someone who has managed to d/l the newest freebies kick it to me or send me a url that works? Been trying all day yesterday and all night 4 A.M. here, and can't get in. Since it's still up as free I don't see a problem with it. Marque

picnic ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 7:30 AM

marque, did you notice that when you clicked on the freestuff, that it asked you to register?? It did me--and then I was sent a URL to get freebies. I got them this morning. I haven't opened them yet though--will do now. Diane

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 7:51 AM

I have already registered with them, a number of times. This time I can't even get to that area...when I click on the picture of the sweaters it goes to an empty page, nothing. Marque

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 7:53 AM

just tried again, no go. Oh well .. I'll call daz later today. Marque

picnic ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 8:28 AM

file_160523.jpg

Well, here's what you are missing *S*. I did some VERY quick textures on them. I wonder if others are having problems. I had to have them send me the email with the URL to get in--in other words, it appeared that they are rebuilding their list of customers and had to confirm email and send you an 'okay' to dl. Wonder if they will continue this way for each freebie?? Diane

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 8:44 AM

I got in fine S

Techyman ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 9:08 AM

Hey Poserpro, I had the same problem. Here's my solution. When you go to the D3D homepage, hit the reload button on your browser. You may have to do this on each page that you go to. For reasons of speed, some browsers save the old versions of webpages and what you are seeing is the same old page over and over and not the new one. Hope this helps.

BillyGoat ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 9:10 AM

Did you see the size of that file? My 56k acts like a 14.4... I started it last night, but cancelled out when the time showed 2 hours to go. There is no way I can sustain a 2 hour download with my isp. And of course, Get Right is not allowed. Too bad, it looks great!

picnic ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 9:14 AM

gosh, on my cable modem it only took seconds.

poserpro ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 9:15 AM

I guess i missed a lot of freebie of DAZ:( Thanks Techyman :)

BillyGoat ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 9:20 AM

I just went back, and it's not listed on the front page. I'd be willing to set up a freedrive for all of us that didn't get it. If that's legal to do so. Are the sweaters still there, or is it my browser?

BillyGoat ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 9:31 AM

It's still there - I just panic easily. at 2.6 it'll only take 53 minutes. That's approx 4 BIG cups of coffee.

BillyGoat ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 9:32 AM

It's still there - I just panic easily. at 2.6 it'll only take 53 minutes. That's approx 4 BIG cups of coffee. I seem to get much better speeds when it's a purchase instead of a freebie ;-)

Marque ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 11:47 AM

Just spoke with Eric at Daz and he asked that if you still can't get in to email him and let him know what is happening. eric@daz3d.com They outsource the server work for the freestuff, and they need to know what is happening so they can get it fixed. Marque

mocap ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 6:55 PM

I got the free sweaters, texture temps and the Daz kids this AM no problem Cable modem ,,,,,, worth every penny!!!! Mocap

chanson ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 10:18 PM

I too have a cable modem, but still I have to wonder about a sweater with almost a 10MB file size!!! How good can a single item of clothing be? Maybe I'm missing something here...

wyrwulf ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 10:28 PM

The BUM maps are the big files in this freebie. Each BUM is over 12 Meg.

chanson ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 9:35 PM

I didn't open it yet... that could explain it! Too many other projects, so I just filed it away for now...

WarriorDL ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 4:59 PM

I got them soon as I saw them come out :o) Boy... them are tight fitting! At least now I can get an idea of where the joints are for Mike clothing.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.