Fri, Sep 27, 6:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Poser into Vue 5

SteveCat ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 11:29 AM · edited Fri, 27 September 2024 at 6:27 AM

I bought the Donkey, Hippo, and Bison models from DAZ and was under the impression that I would be able to use them in VUE. Somebody said the best way is to use Poser. Well I don't have poser, am I out of luck?

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 11:36 AM

Yes, you are! These figures you bought are for use in Poser, and then you can import them fully posed in Vue. If you don't have Poser, you can download the free DAZ Studio program, which does the posing of your figures just like Poser. You'll need to import the posed figures as obj in Vue, and you may have material importing issues. But that's the only way for you if you don't intend to buy Poser.

Elminster_ZK ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 12:00 PM

actually DAZ|Studio can export PZ3 now, so...

"Walk down the right back alley in Sin City, and you can find anything."

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 1:03 PM

If you want to import a pz3, Vue will ask the path to the poser.exe, and if it's not on your HD, then I don't know if it will import.

Elminster_ZK ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 1:05 PM

ah, good point. Hmm, that would be interesting to find out

"Walk down the right back alley in Sin City, and you can find anything."

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 10 April 2006 at 1:10 PM

You CAN try to import the obj (under Runtime/Geometry/... ) but then you have to apply the textures manually. But this way you should be able to import the meshes.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Puntomaus ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 8:59 AM

You can load and pose the models in DAZ|Studio, then go to File - Export and export the posed model as new object. Use the Bryce option in the dialog window and simply leave everything checked there. In Vue go to File Object import and import your objects. This way the textures should be applied correctly as well.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

Mazak ( ) posted Mon, 17 April 2006 at 12:51 PM

Buy Poser! :tt2: :lol:

Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

SteveCat ( ) posted Wed, 26 April 2006 at 8:50 PM

I just did, but can't seem to get these files into Poser 6, it doesn't see their extentions.......old versions?

wabe ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 1:06 AM

You have to install the items in Poser first. Then pose them in Poser and save that result then as pz3. This you then can import into Vue. This is the normal process for it.

SteveCat ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 9:03 AM

Maybe I wasn't clear, I don't think POSER 6 sees those files so how do I import them?

wabe ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 9:14 AM

Don't you have an installer with the files? I think so  - i have it. Use that and install all where it proposes it - inside the Poser 6 Runtime.

You as well can install it to another directory and then get a file structure exactly as it needs to be in Poser. You then manually move the appropriate files to the related parts in the Poser Runtime (Geometry to Geometry, Character to Character, Textures to textures etc etc) then Poser will see the files under Character and/or Poses.

viche12345 ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 10:35 PM

I tried importing a Poser object (an alien) into Vue. But an error message pops up saying that Vue was unable to read the file. Did I get a corrupt download? Or is Vue unable to open certain types of Poser files?

impish ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 4:47 AM

What file did you try to import and how did you try to import it?

The way I import a poser model is:

1. Open Poser
  2. Load the model in Poser
  3. Pose the model in Poser
  4. Save a pz3 file from Poser
  5. Close Poser
  6. Open Vue
  7. Open the pz3

Cheers  Mark

http://impworks.blogspot.com/

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

viche12345 ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 6:54 PM

Based on the info provided above, I must own Poser and have it installed on my computer in order to correctly import Poser objects into Vue. Am I correct?

I do not have Poser.

viche12345 ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 10:44 PM

Disregard the message above. I have just downloaded DAZ Studio and I loaded the alien figure into the application. I used the frame tool to have the camera aim at the figure. How to I get the figure into Vue?

impish ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2006 at 5:31 AM

Since your using Daz Studio you'll need to follow the method from Puntomaus' post above.  Vue only directly imports pz3 scenes if you have a version of Poser installed.

impworks | vue news blog | twitter | pinterest

viche12345 ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2006 at 6:53 PM

Thank you all for your help. My problems are solved

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.