Fri, Jul 5, 10:36 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 04 1:52 pm)

Subject: SLOW!

billisfree ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 9:15 AM · edited Wed, 14 February 2024 at 12:48 PM

My Poser 5 program for unknown reasons sometimes runs slower and slower.

It used to come up in about 30 seconds - now takes 3-4 minutes.

It used to make a box primitive in 1 second... now takes 45 seconds.

Rendering is much slower now.

The last two times I had this problem, I re-installed the program and that fixed it.

This time - it doesn't solve the problem.

Any ideas?

Bill Rogers

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 9:20 AM

Well this may sound strange but i think you check for greyware spyware and virusses.

One of the first things that happen when infected is the computer gets slow on this kind of programs.

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 9:38 AM · edited Thu, 27 April 2006 at 9:39 AM

A large runtime will slow Poser down a lot.

When I moved my content into external runtimes (outside the Poser folder), Poser sped up a lot.

Also, make sure you have plenty of free hard drive space for virtual memory.

vikinglady ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 10:58 AM

Quote - My Poser 5 program for unknown reasons sometimes runs slower and slower.

It used to come up in about 30 seconds - now takes 3-4 minutes.

It used to make a box primitive in 1 second... now takes 45 seconds.

Rendering is much slower now.

The last two times I had this problem, I re-installed the program and that fixed it.

This time - it doesn't solve the problem.

Any ideas?

Bill Rogers 

I posted this last night/early morning.  This may be the cause.

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2645326

billisfree ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 1:26 PM

You'll have to explain to me what "runtime" is.

I'm not familiar with "external runtime" either.

I have a fast hard drive and LOTS of free space on my hard drive.  I don't think limited disk space is the problem.

Bill

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 2:34 PM

The runtime is where all your content is stored.  The Poser library.

People often find Poser slowing down after awhile because they keep adding new stuff to their runtime - their library.  The bigger the library, the slower Poser runs.

Poser 5 and above has the ability to create and use external libraries - stored anywhere you like.  You may find doing this, or finding some other way to reduce the size of your runtime folder, will speed things up.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 2:41 PM

Keeping lots of Readmes and other non essential stuff in the Poser root will also slow it down.  Shove as much as possible into other folders, or better yet, move them outside Poser.  Some content creators are really sloppy when it comes to respecting the file structure.

If you have any PZ3s inside Poser, move them out.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.