Tue, Oct 22, 5:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: BUY HEXAGON 2 FOR $1.99!!!

paulbrittgarcia ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 10:02 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:45 AM

Platinum Club Members  Price: $1.99

Not a member ---> Join for $29.95 ( and $7.95 per month) and buy it for $1.99!

Get 3D Models, 3D Content, and 3D Software at DAZ3D!

xenic101 ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 10:09 PM · edited Thu, 27 April 2006 at 10:11 PM

He's for real!

Hexagon 2 is a pc item!!!!!!

/me laughs at points at all the " but I pre-ordered it for $150! It's not fair!" people to come.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 10:22 PM

Your referenced id url doesn't go to any info.  ;o)

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

xenic101 ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 10:25 PM · edited Thu, 27 April 2006 at 10:27 PM
Flak ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 10:27 PM

That has got be a mistake. surely

Dreams are just nightmares on prozac...
Digital WasteLanD

Swade ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 10:29 PM

Yep....  I just bought Hexagon 2 for $1.99..... If you are a Platinum Club member at DAZ you too can buy Hexagon for $1.99.   I sure am glad that I waited..... lol

:b_unbelievable:

There are 10 kinds of people: Those who know binary, and those who don't. 

A whiner is about as useful as a one-legged man at an arse kicking contest.

xenic101 ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 10:29 PM

You're right. It is a mistake. Everyone calm down and don't bother looking. At least until I'm done downloading.

Flak ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 10:30 PM

Remoinds me of when lightwave was 1.99 lol

Digital WasteLanD

Lyne ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 10:35 PM

Did you see the size of the download?? What is Hexagon anyway... curious

Life Requires Assembly and we all know how THAT goes!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 10:37 PM

So, for a total of what...$32 I can get Hexagon2? Checking CC balances online....

It's a 3D modeling program.

Flak ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 10:41 PM

Yeap, looks real.... think its time to go join the platinum club for a month lol

Digital WasteLanD

drawbridgep ( ) posted Thu, 27 April 2006 at 10:51 PM

At last, a good reason to have my platinum club membership.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

danamo ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 12:04 AM

Holy Scnikies!!! Don't nobody pinch me 'cause I must be dreamin!! I thought Carrara was an incredible bargain when I got it, but this is a mind-blowing deal!!

Bea ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 1:04 AM

The offer is on until May 31

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 1:06 AM

Anyone have any models made yet using Hex2 that they can post?  While I wait for my pre-ordered copy?

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 2:01 AM · edited Fri, 28 April 2006 at 2:09 AM

this is for real...so real my wife jumped at it and now we are in the middle of downloadin it.

My god i'm going to try modelling with it 😄

one question on it though...what is it like for a n00b to modelling 😕

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 2:36 AM

Like trying to shape clay for someone who has never sculpted. Weird, but fun.

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 3:04 AM

well when i get it in 9 hours, thats the time it will take me to download it at 9.72KB/Sec on broadband..not my connection problem, its Daz thats slow on downloads.

Anyway when i get it i'll install it and then sit here with it open for 30 minutes looking confused before i attempt doing anything in it 😄

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 3:20 AM

What is the total size of the download?

"Anyway when i get it i'll install it and then sit here with it open for 30 minutes looking confused before i attempt doing anything in it"

Ah, yes...the 4 pane blank stare. I have ran into that often myself after learning Bryce, lol.

bikermouse ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 3:37 AM

336 mb

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 3:40 AM

Ah, okay. I've downloaded video game demos over 600mb. By the time I go ahead and get it, the bandwidth will have calmed down. ;o)

kimpe ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 4:58 AM

Yeah, now I have to wait until everyone else had gotten their copy of Hex so I can D/L all my Platinum Club freebies......

What a vicious cycle........:m_confused:

drawbridgep ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 6:55 AM

I guess I timed it about right.   Took no time at all to get it, install it and model a cube.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

RodsArt ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 6:59 AM

Look out Drac.....Here comes Phil's "TEH Cube"!!

(going digging around in a change jar to scrounge 30 bucks)

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

drawbridgep ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 7:01 AM

Quote - Look out Drac.....Here comes Phil's "TEH Cube"!!

(going digging around in a change jar to scrounge 30 bucks)

Oh it wasn't nearly as good a model as Drac's "Teh Cube".  So he shouldn't worry.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Incognitas ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 8:26 AM

I'm trying to download this myself at the moment.However at 2.9 kb.sec I think I'll give up and try later .About 6 am GMT should be about right...Oh hang on when are the aussies up and about?:blink:

CorwinRathe ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 8:37 AM

Here's the details they sent out in a newsletter. Their servers are getting hammered now. I think everyone is downloading the thing.

In the DAZ tradition of giving its customers high quality 3D software at fantastic values, we are now offering the electronic download version (ESD) of Hexagon 2 at the DAZ webstore for the nominal price of US$1.99 for new and current members of the DAZ Platinum Club. This special offer for Hexagon 2 ends May 31, 2006 (23:59:59 EDT), after which the software will be available at the normal retail price of US$269 for the full version or US$119 for the upgrade from Hexagon 1.

Order Hexagon 2 now for US$1.99 Product Spotlight

As a thank you to customers who pre-ordered the Hexagon 2 upgrade through Eovia Corp., DAZ is offering a free one month Platinum Club membership* with an option to renew, a US$30 value, along with a US$100 voucher** which can be used on the DAZ store. All pre-order customers should already have received notification of this offer via e-mail. If you have not received this, please contact the Sales Support team via the Contact Us form on the DAZ site.

• If you are already a DAZ Platinum Club member, your membership term will be extended 4 months from its current expiration date. If you do not wish to be a Platinum Club member, you can cancel your membership at anytime from your DAZ account page.
    **For more information on how to use DAZ Vouchers, please refer to the DAZ Voucher FAQ.

Click Here to Read the Full Hexagon 2 Pre-Order Update Newsletter Product Spotlight

Physical versions of Hexagon 2 are expected to begin shipping early this summer.

More information about DAZ Hexagon 2 software including a complete feature list can be found on the DAZ website at: www.daz3d.com.

Lastly, with all DAZ products there is an unconditional, 30 day money-back guarantee. If you don't feel absolutely satisfied with yur purchase, simply tell us that you want your money back. We will refund you immediately with no questions asked.

30 Day Guarantee
And that's more than a guarantee. It's our personal promise.
Come visit www.daz3d.com today to see what else is waiting for you.

brycetech ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 10:25 AM

Hex2 is like Amapi but with a better interface.  Ive never used it.  I was asked to beta it, but didnt have time.  I do my poser models in Amapi..but for this price, I think I'll go ahead and get hex2 (even if I never open it, I'll have it...Ive got tons of programs like that..heh)

BT

Lzy724 ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 10:28 AM

Man, you cant beat that price at all, the site is moving so slow, I got it, but will d/l it later!

marcfx ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 11:20 AM

Getting confused for Mac owners

"Product Installers:

Mac File Size: none
PC File Size: **334.22Mb

**Caution Large Downloads!- MAC 341.55Mb

• PC 334.22Mb"

Smile, your dead a long time :)

jubjub64 ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 11:34 AM

After your 4 attempts to download, are you just out of luck and have to buy it again?

Lzy724 ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 12:02 PM

All I know is, it took me 39 minutes to download a 19.5mb file.....this is just crashing their system.

marcfx ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 12:20 PM

2MB Broardband and it will take mine 31HOURS at 3.38 KB/sec !!

DAZ is VERY SLOW!!

jubjub64 ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 1:06 PM

Well, to answer my own question.  You can request a reset on your alloted downloads in your account.

marcfx ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 1:31 PM

Thats great jubjub64.  :)

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 1:59 PM

marc beat you..2.43KB/Sec will take 47 hours to get on a 1.5MB dsl connection :tongue2:

CorwinRathe ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 2:09 PM

CorwinRathe ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 2:10 PM

Might be a typo by them or something like that. Looks like the traffic has died down from this morning. I'm getting a couple hundred k a sec. download speeds now compared to 2.9 k a sec before. Yes!

jubjub64 ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 2:47 PM

Mine sped up to 150kb, I'll take it! :)

kimpe ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 3:09 PM

For another $10 you can click on the "Burn to CD" option and have them mail it to you. Even at $11.99 + Shipping, it's a great deal. By the time the servers quiet down it just might be May 31st and then it'll be too late. Ya never know.....

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 4:14 PM

Quote - For another $10 you can click on the "Burn to CD" option and have them mail it to you. Even at $11.99 + Shipping, it's a great deal. By the time the servers quiet down it just might be May 31st and then it'll be too late. Ya never know.....

They've updated the product page to say that it's not eligible for "Burn to CD".

kimpe ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 4:21 PM

What a rip. But it makes sense. Can you imagine the amount of CD's they'd have to kick out....

RodsArt ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 6:10 PM

Probably banking on 4000 new PC accounts +2.00, and they can pay for those lunches during the deal negotiations. (and a little bit more) I think it just paid for itself.(Genius marketing)(snicker-grin)

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

drawbridgep ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 6:24 PM

PLUS, a lot of the PA's that have downloaded are going to be churning out models and selling them back to DAZ so DAZ can make more money.     It's genius.   Sell something really cheap to people that will use it to make much more money than from the sales alone.  /me salutes teh sales and marketing team.

---------
Phillip Drawbridge
Website 
Facebook

Quest ( ) posted Fri, 28 April 2006 at 11:41 PM

“In the DAZ tradition of giving its customers high quality 3D software at fantastic values, we are now offering the electronic download version (ESD) of Hexagon 2 at the DAZ webstore for the nominal price of US$1.99 for new and current members of the DAZ Platinum Club. This special offer for Hexagon 2 ends May 31, 2006 (23:59:59 EDT), after which the software will be available at the normal retail price of US$269 for the full version or US$119 for the upgrade from Hexagon”

Geez! This sounds terribly desperate. Would like to know, how many here have actually tried this product and what in your mind, sets it different from anything else in the market say from UVMapper? Of course, those that have already been taken into the so called “Platinum Membership” will plead rave reviews. But does anyone else really believe that this package is worth $269 USD in the open market? I’ve tried all sorts of packages does this offer any real changes? UVMapper is $30, and has been out a lot longer, would I fare better? I certainly wouldn’t pay $269 for any UV mapping package.

I can now actually see Daz incorporating this new absorption into the creation of the new Bryce 6 package. Bryce, with it’s own 3D modeling package. Hummmm, being a Bryce aficionado since it came into the PC world, they have a lot to fix. Adding a 3D modeling module is not, in the least sufficient for me, I've seen far better advancements. Depends on the final price.

brycetech ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 12:15 AM

Its way more than uvmapper.

while having the ability to map (I dont have a lot of experience with hex' version of this) it also models and can double as a sorta "z brush". 

so in my opinion, its a combo of amapi designer/uv mapper/z brush

its got potential...but, it is unstable.  Unstable in that it crashes when it doesnt get the input it expects.  At least, thats how Ive been crashing it.

BT

Quest ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 12:27 AM · edited Sat, 29 April 2006 at 12:35 AM

Well, Amapi has never been stable on my system but I have used it and ordinarily wouldn't recommend it to anybody. In fact, it had been dying for many years.  I’m surprised it lasted this long. ZBrush has a lot of loose ends which no one recognizes even those that have been at it for many years, believe me I know I've been on it for over 7 years (alas with little experimenting since I can't underastand it)! LOL

So, what’s the bottom line? I mean for us users (artists) not the capitalists.

Do we still think UVMapper is in or are we going to betray him and others like him for the sake of profits and nothing else?

brycetech ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 1:02 AM

Ive just spent a little time mapping in hex (just to see what it does)

Its got some pretty impressive features, but its not very intuitive.  I did get it to do most of the things you'd normally associate with uvmapper..and it gives a better immediate feedback of how the mapping is going, but its bulky (slow) in comparison to many of the same functions if they were done in UV mapper.

So in my opinion, UV mapper has the leg up on this app in that aspect (for speed and intuitive interface).  Id hate to have no experience with Amapi and have tried to do this. I can see how it would be very very confusing.  I think Id use both tho if I were really making something (personal or for sale).  Id use Hex for the intial rough mapping, and then go to UV mapper for the tweaking.

BT

Quest ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 1:38 AM

Well now you will have to come forward and explain "hex" mapping and why we would need it over traditional uv mapping after all these many years. I doubt that whatever you say, people will tend to believe unless they want to. And even that is surprising sometimes when people don’t even know they exist!

Quest ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 1:39 AM

So why would people all of a sudden need "Hex" mapping?

Quest ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 2:09 AM

Please, give us an example.

P.S. Let's not wait until the middle of next week with something that finally works.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.