Tue, Oct 22, 5:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Clark 1.0 Developments

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 5:26 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:26 AM

file_339188.jpg

Clark's shapping up with TG's morphs, Shahara's Skin textures, Real Skin Shader and Hue edited Eye textures that I've made from his original eye colors and 1 head morph I made using my first time ever Poser Wave Deformer for a more elongated face.

Looking forward to his "Oh Face" TG! (If you've seen the movie I'm thinking of you'll giggle!)

I have no idea why his forehead is showing that weird line unless it's shade from the hat, it's certainly not on the original textures and I'm using the Firefly settings given to me by Shahara! It's amazingly distinct right at his right temple/eye line.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 5:35 AM

file_339189.jpg

Strike that, it seems to be an issue in conjunction with my Real Skin Shader script. Here's the same image with the default skin texture and no "Real Skin Shader" script applied!

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 6:50 AM

Looking good !
I think we need to launch a mutiny against DAZ, and start creating more stuff for the minorities !!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 4:40 PM

So.. are the morphs any good so far? They're still SO much a WIP, I'm struggling with the Mouth Open morph still....

Did you add the new groups to Real Skin Shader? Clark's material groups are named new things that RSS doesn't know. It's easy to fix though. I did that already G

Find the line in the RealSkinShader.py that reads: "if material.Name() in [...........] add :  "SkinLowerFace", "SkinChest","GenitalExtremity", "SkinShoulder", "Genital", "SkinEyes"] and Clark will work perfectly in Real Skin Shader :m_grin:

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 21 April 2006 at 5:02 PM

Yep! That's exactly what I forgot to do. Thanks for the reminder I can cut and paste it in now.

:wub:

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 5:30 AM

I got Clark after the whole issue started, and I'm not sorry. It's actually a little scary, I walked into the bathroom, glanced at myself in the mirror and realized Clark and I had many of the same features! (Little to no cheekbone, biggish eyes, vaguely effette...)

Apparently, I'm an Apollo derivative!

Kreations By Khrys

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 5:32 AM · edited Sat, 29 April 2006 at 5:33 AM

Well I just discovered that the mysterious dissappearing thread wasn't locked or deleted. It was moved to the Copyright forum with no warning so carry on I suppose! Let's keep this thread open in the Poser forum for people who actually bought Clark and those who are working on his developments. Thanks.

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 5:39 AM

Update, Clark IS being checked out by Admin, now. They can't say any more, at this time, but they're checking him out. :)

Trekkie, the morphs are great, except for the few minor issues I mentioned. You're making Clark a lot more versitile. :)

Kreations By Khrys

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 5:50 AM

Yeah I saw the announcement when I finally got caught up on the missing thread just a minute ago. Nice to know it's being checked even if they haven't come to any conclusions yet.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 6:57 AM

I like Ynsaen's take on it. She's honestly unbiased and I have a great respect for her and her opinions. If she doesn't think it's a derivative, then I believe it isn't. Likewise, if she'd pointed out evidense that it was, I would have believed that as well.

I'm eagerly awaiting the admin's decision.

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 7:35 AM · edited Sat, 29 April 2006 at 7:37 AM

I feel the same way. I'm glad she's been unbiased. Now, let's carry on for Clark here and let Anton have his day in court in the other moved thread shall we?

I'm playing with him and poses from various figures to see which ones he takes the best and tweaking them for him and resaving them. Will that mean my poses are derivative?

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 8:29 AM

Popping Clark into my morphing program, because the more I see, the less I'm convinced.

Kreations By Khrys

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 9:42 AM

I'm sorry but Apollo is so easily morphable, especially by his creator, that matching him up in Poser to Clark just seriously seems like a no brainer way of claiming infringment. The Geometry's need to mesh before I'll buy this case as a serious infringement!

Circumvent ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 1:32 PM

Well I wanted to buy Clark and now it's gone 😕  I don't know whats going on.  I've been away for a few days.  It doesn't sound good.
Adrian

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 2:05 PM

Well you can catch up over in thecopyright forum where Clark's original thread was moved to after a hijacking Here:

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2644048

Now that DAZ owns my soul and my wallet for the next month I don't care anymore.

Circumvent ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 3:52 PM

Mizrael
Thanks for the link.  I read alot of it and  man what a show down. WOW!
Adrian

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 29 April 2006 at 4:38 PM

Hehe... Showdown or Lynching, the guest of honor has been absent throughout the whole thing so far!

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Sun, 30 April 2006 at 9:32 AM

Which is a good thing, Miz. If Shahara HAD shown up, he would have been screamed at even harder by Anton.

"I thought you were on VACATION! How DARE you come here and defend yourself to my face!!!"

Hee. Anyway, I hope the dramaz0rs dies down a bit, now, and folks let the Admin make their decision.

Kreations By Khrys

mylemonblue ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 10:38 AM · edited Mon, 01 May 2006 at 10:39 AM

I can see the original thread is still active but it's now freezing my brouser when I try to check up on it. Does anyone know what the latest news is?

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 12:12 PM

they're still considering whether there are problems with the figure. one of their copyright agents was off for a week, causing a delay in their deliberations. I'd estimate they need a few days to decide.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 12:40 PM

Well I'm done with the drama, I'm gonna go play with my new DAZ figures and just let what happens happens. Who knows, maybe I'll get a refund to help offset the $128 I just spent at DAZ? They'll have to refund the money I spent on Clark's Textures too ift hey pull him permanently!

mylemonblue ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 12:55 PM

Clark1 looked like a good change of pace. I'm hoping it all works out good.

Miss Nancy thanks for the information.

:b_smile:

mylemonblue ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 1:03 PM

Mizrael I hope it isn't permanent. I hate to think how anyone would ever hope to make their own male character ever again.

:b_shocked:

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Mon, 01 May 2006 at 1:03 PM

Well frankly, I don't see "Derivative" as a problem. If they pull him for being a Derivative, which is not a copyright nor a trademark issue, it's a look and feel issue, I won't buy another figure from ANYONE!

I'll stick to my new DAZ figure, my free Poser figures and the freebie upgrades coming out from EFand CP. Hell I waited 6 years to buy figures from DAZ because I wasn't happy with their marketing stratagies, and now Anton in one thread has made me wish I'd not changed my mind about buying ANY figures from anyone other than the ones that come with Poser.

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 9:33 PM

Well now that Apollo Max is coming to R'osity, I have little hope of seeing much more of Clark. The question of him being (or not!) a derivative aside, more sales are to be had, I should think, in supporting a better known figure.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 9:57 PM

Ok now, I guess I'll be getting my refund check when?????

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 10:08 PM

Have you asked for one? Clark's legal status is still in Limbo. Jury's still out as to whether or not he's a "clone" or whatever the correct term might be.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 10:10 PM

No I haven't, YET. Seems to me though that if Apollo is coming to Renderosity, per Anton's creepy post in the Product Showcase, then either he's pulling one hell of a fast one or he got what he wanted and Clark is GONE from the marketplace here. You do the math.

Byrdie ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 10:17 PM

Heh, math always was my worst subject. But even I can see there's something here that just don't add up. ;-)

ynsaen ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 10:25 PM

latest stuff up in my blog...

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

mylemonblue ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 11:14 PM

Mizrael said,
"No I haven't, YET. Seems to me though that if Apollo is coming to Renderosity, per Anton's creepy post in the Product Showcase, then either he's pulling one hell of a fast one or he got what he wanted and Clark is GONE from the marketplace here. You do the math."

If that is true it sounds like a Quid Pro quo. I hope not. It makes me ill thinking such a thing could occur.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 11:27 PM
ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 8:32 AM

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 8:54 AM

Mommy....

er.. I mean....

MODS!

Please lock this thread before someone starts talking about the Clark/Apollo issue again....

I'm scared! My bloodpressure won't stand another of those threads...

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 8:58 AM

ROFL!!!!

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 10:11 AM

Aww comeon TG! I started this thread well before Apollo's owner came along and distracted you and I from playing with Clark Morphs! I dunno bout you but I haven't totally lost interest in Clark .... yet. I'd really like to hear from Clinth and the 'Rosity team just what's going on with him in anycase. Paid customers shouldn't be left in limbo like this for too long, not knowing whether they can use the figure because of copyright or ethical issues or whatever the hell the issues are that have him off the market.

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 10:58 AM

Clark is free and clear.

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 11:04 AM

Clark, as Ynsaen just posted, was found to be 100% Shahara's own work today, by the Renderosity Admin.

Kreations By Khrys

wertu ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 11:16 AM · edited Wed, 03 May 2006 at 11:17 AM

Lock this thread! Please lock this thread! For the love of god please lock this thread!

Sounds like a bondage convention around here... here is how to survive until the lock down: [unsubscribe]

:)

dagmath ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 11:20 AM

Ynsaen, Hey I read your blog today.

Just incase you or I ever have an identity crisis,  I AM NOT YOU

😕  :tt1:

Imagine! LOL :thumbupboth:

"Don't do it with an axe, get a chainsaw"

rockets ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 11:28 AM

I just went to the store and Clark is back up for sale.  Is there an official announcement somewhere?

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

Kendra ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 11:31 AM

Quote - Is there an official announcement somewhere?

It damn well better be followed by an official something else from Anton. 

...... Kendra

rockets ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 11:34 AM

It's in the copyright forum...just saw it.

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 11:36 AM

One more to go after this, I think...

http://artzone.daz3d.com/blog/index.php?seid=ynsaen

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 11:43 AM

Heh.  Kendra -- I know ya expect we'll have to use it, but oughtn' ya sheath the sword so he doesn't see it coming?

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 11:43 AM
LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 11:56 AM

THUD!

That sound you heard was my jaw hitting the floor!

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 11:57 AM

I thought it was the sound of the pistol falling out of anton's hand....

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 12:06 PM

So I guess Renderosity get's to keep my $20 for Clark, Anton get's to keep all the money I spent on Apollo and we all get to get back to the business of playing with our dollys. About damn time too! My hamburger was getting cold!

AlleyKatArt ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 12:29 PM

puts on his party hat!

Kreations By Khrys

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 12:29 PM

Attached Link: http://www.byanton.com

Hi there.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.