Tue, Oct 22, 12:33 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Hmm

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 3:03 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 10:02 PM

I never read the "warning" on the galleries before - not sure why I did today but... It says: The images contained in this gallery may contain subjects unsuitable for younger viewers. These images are the work of talented arts that present their graphic/photo work in a variety of mediums. Hence there may be a certain amount of nudity ahead. It is our hope that these are considered artistic and tasteful. You have been warned, please do not proceed if you feel that you may be offended. IMages are the work of talented ARTS? Shouldn't that be "ARTISTS"? In fact the whole passage feels hastily written... Maybe it should be Warning: the images contained in this gallery may contain subjects unsuitable for younger viewers. These images are the work of talented artists that present their graphic/photo work in a variety of media, and there may be content of a mature nature included. It is hoped that all such content be done in a manner that can be considered artistic and tasteful. You have been warned, please do not proceed if you feel that you may be offended. Just a thought.

rcook ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 4:42 PM

Thanks for the feedback CB. I've reworded the warning in line with your suggestion.

bloodsong ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 6:03 PM

heyas; that reminds me... ;) i never read the title banner thingydoodle, but i DID notice the other day that it said "renderosity, online graphic artist's community." well, being as a community is more than one artist, that should be "artists' community." ;)

Poppi ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2001 at 10:04 PM

may contain subjects unsuitable for younger viewers and, this would be...subjects THAT ARE unsuitable for younger viewers.

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 9:16 AM

and while we're at it "artists that present their..." - shouldn't it be "artists who present their...?" Kate (trying to remember her rules of grammar from High School)

rcook ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 10:59 AM

Thanks for all your feedback.

bloodsong ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 11:51 AM

lol! come on, rc.... i know you really want to say 'dammit, jim! i'm an artist, not a grammarian!' :)

rcook ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 12:20 PM

Try coder. :)

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 2:31 AM

For "of a mature nature", be explicit and say "nudity or violence" or the like. "Of a mature nature" is unclear and ambiguous, particularly to members whose first language is not English.

CharlieBrown ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2001 at 10:52 AM

AA, you're right, however, I've seen some material that I'd consider to be "of a mature nature" that did NOT include violence or nudity. It's rare, but does happen. And including the "nudity or violence" led to more awkward phrasing than the original disclaimer when I was playing with it! :-)

FanDancer ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2001 at 2:01 AM

Lol..I'll say it for ya rcook:)..NAG NAG NAG......{big grin}

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.