Tue, Oct 22, 7:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 6:50 am)

Subject: ApolloMaximus is gone from Content Paradise

Guida ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 7:40 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 7:19 AM

Just a heads up..on Content Paradise's main page.

Quote:
To Our Valued Customers:
Unfortunately due to contract issues that we were unable to resolve, we are no longer able to sell ApolloMaximus. We regrettably had to remove the character and e frontier branded support items from the store without notice. Those of you that have purchased these items are still entitled to support from e frontier and downloads will remain available for at least 30 days. 3rd party products will remain for sale (provided the vendors wish them to). e frontier will continue to support the ApolloMaximus character line through the availability of these products and the Apollo forum on CP. We feel that Apollo is great for Poser, the community, and a great product. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused our customers and wish Anton and Apollo the best of luck.
-The CP Team

After all the hassle about Clark.. i didn't see this one coming, did you?

Guida

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 7:56 PM

it may mean they felt they had to choose between clark and apollo.

bigjobbie ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 7:58 PM

Guess we'll never see the AM faceroom module now. :-(

Anton - might be worth a post or two regarding AM's next home and perhaps some insight into the departure from CP (NDA allowing)

Cheers

bigjobbie ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 8:06 PM · edited Tue, 02 May 2006 at 8:11 PM

Ah - product showcase forum...no wonder I didnae see it...

Cheers

(reads other thread)

Arrgh - so what happens when Rendo p*sses him off?

(goes and backs up copy of AM onto 5 different discs)

dagmath ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 8:21 PM

So I guess Renderosity will have to choose between the established figure or new.

AM -V- C1

There can be only 1

"Don't do it with an axe, get a chainsaw"

adzan ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 8:47 PM · edited Tue, 02 May 2006 at 8:51 PM

I think I’ve lost patience to be quite honest. 

Instability and constant moving will hardly endear customer loyalty all for the sake of a few more $. 

Stuff it, I have no intention of spending more money on an update only to see it move again..

arcady ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 8:58 PM

No real reason is given. No idea what it could be. I backed out of the idea of buying this figure due to the cost... It's one thing to pay for add ons and such, but I'm just not willing to jump in with my limited funds on something I haven't really had a chance to get a good look at.

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

arcady ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 9:00 PM

Quote -
AM -V- C1

There can be only 1

Is there some conflict here I was unaware of? Competing merchants who can't stand each other? Or the same merchant not willing to let the two items be onthe same sites? Or...?

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 9:31 PM

Hi there,

Just so there is not speculation or misunderstanding.

I have a statement on my site. :) It wasn't an easy decision. Simply, certain conditions were unacceptable. The Clark copyright issue has absolutely nothing to do with this matter.

Thanks and regards,

Anton :)

PS: Far as I know, the completed faceroom module will still be released at some point.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 9:33 PM

Arcady you missed the whole Anton VS Shahara (Creator oof Clark 1.0) claims of copyright infringement, personal attacks and the pulling of Clark 1.0 from the RMP. Go check the Copyright and Ethics forum for the longest thread you can find at the top of the list. It's locked now, but you'll see a good 80% of it all minus deleted posts and edited ones. I smell a stinker!

bigjobbie ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 9:45 PM

Ah, have just been reading that thread - thought I was going insane, but realised some messages must have been deleted.

ynsaen ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 10:26 PM

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

byAnton ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 10:36 PM · edited Tue, 02 May 2006 at 10:37 PM

Lol. Is the next book about vampires? You write so well. I can only imagine how well you would write if you accually had real information. giggles  

so irresposible to try and pass a diary off as news reporting.

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

ynsaen ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 10:38 PM

:tt2:

LOL

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 11:09 PM

ynsaen, I read your blog, and was surprised that biggles had made an appearance in the other thread. I didn't even realise he was a member here, but the more, the merrier!

billy423uk ( ) posted Tue, 02 May 2006 at 11:50 PM

ynsean

i have to say...nice piece of writing. as far as i can see and i have read all but the pulled and edited posts in the copy thread, i think you were fairly even handed in your assessment.  before i wasn't sure if anton was right or wrong. now all i see is ulterior motive for an attack on another merchant. if indeed ethics are to be used in determining right and wrong the move of apollo should also be taken into account.  looks like business is business wherever you go lmao. and here i was think what a sweet bunch of people we have here.  jmo ...scratch that ,  from what i've seen people are in the main..decent and helpful. maybe the dollar holding sway was just an abberration.

billy

billy

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 12:25 AM · edited Wed, 03 May 2006 at 12:26 AM

Ynsaen's blog should be ignored. She has no special sources of information or contacts, anonymous or otherwise. Her information is all guesswork. And pretty bad guesswork at that.

Just wishful thinking and an active imagination wrapped up as tabloid entertainment. Don't take it seriously. She even says she has no real facts.

It's kinda like "The batboy lives!" type stuff. :) Don't confuse it with journalism.

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 12:34 AM

Spin control, anton?

Interesting.  I figured you didn't have any need for it anymore.

Funny, that...

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 12:38 AM

Mods can you talk to her?

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 12:42 AM

I'll check my pm's posthaste.

billy423uk ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 12:57 AM

why should her blog be ignored.

because someone says it should? sorry anton but i'm quite capable of making my own mind up when it comes to choosing what and what not to read. personally i found the blog interesting to say the least. couldn't see where she erred from the gist of the thread in mention. thought some of her insights relevant. and took it for what it was. one persons take on what they read and thought.

not sure what all the...mods can you speak to her ..is about.  if anything i'm surprised you were allowed to continue in the vein you did over on the copy thread.  and i agree with ynsean..it does sound a lot like spin control. jmo of course

billy

gingersnap ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 1:11 AM

well well.......a bit of nastiness yet again over this same issue.  will some never learn?  i wonder..........to my way of thinking, ynsaen has always had her finger right on the issue from what i've read through the years.......kinda makes you wonder why some would speak out against her insight.  guilty conscience perhaps?  and we are all adults here, we all follow most of the threads and can investigate like some obvously had/have been into this supposed copyright infringement/ethics junk.  i've done a little nosing around........just looks like fingerpointing to me due to another product being up for sale but eh...what do i know.  whatever.  competition is one thing but come on, to actually threaten another regarding infringement/ethics junk just due to putting out a product with no real and true facts is just wrong.  whomever does that sort of fingerpointing should really have all of their ducks in a row and facts substantiating said claim before jumping on the proverbial soapbox.  kinda makes a body look like an ass when there aren't any infringement issues and or ethics problems.  without any concrete proof.............let the product be sold.  whatever it may be.  until theres concrete proof?  for sure there are infringements or ethics issues or whatever.........and proof not just assumptions and "i think" there are issues.  its one thing to have moderators look into certain potential problems without actually taking it public without proof beyond a shadow of a doubt.  and wrong, and totally unfair. 

get over it.  waaaaaaaaa.  someone else put out a product.  thats the name of the game, biz is biz.  so what.  quit being a big baby and go on with life.  its too short to begin with without stirring the stick in someone elses backyard.  without proof?  without something up close and personal pointing out the obvious issues?  this should never have been brought out into the public eye.  its just plain wrong.

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 1:19 AM

Mods?

gingersnap ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 1:28 AM

whatever.  can't handle the heat from your allegations, get out of the kitchen from the over boiling stew pot.   haven't attacked, just stated opinions.  get off your high horse, you aren't god.  granted your stuff may be good?  but there are MANY others to which who can also claim that their things are good if not better.  again...waaaaaaa.  get over it.  i think most of us here are a bit sick of whining anyway.

ooooo  i'm so shaking in my shoes.  the mighty Anton has spoken! 

go ahead mods.  handle the problem.  one threads already been obviously locked down.  perhaps this one should be locked down as well, as well as any others that crop up with the same type of unsubstantiated issues and whines.  hmmmmmmmmmm 

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 1:32 AM

Clone cleanup in aisle seven.

Mods? :) hehe

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 1:33 AM

Clone?

Of whom?

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 1:34 AM

If anyone sees a mod can you poke them. :)

gingersnap ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 1:37 AM · edited Wed, 03 May 2006 at 1:48 AM

clone........now thats funny...i'm a site member like everyone else here is who are sick of allegations, pokes and prods into someone elses products without substantiating proof resulting in a potentially great product being yanked off the shelves.     this issue should have been directed toward the higher powers that be first, you know it, we know it, the higher powers within this great site know it as well. 

just laughs  i rest my case.  whines, grinches, and fussings but no real proof.  just shakes head  tsk tsk i say.  and shame on you.  haven't the years taught you anything?  lay claim and not be able to back it up..........and when some point that fact out you holler for a mod?  hmmmmmmmm  my boys quit that when they were oh lets see...............about 5 years of age. 

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 1:39 AM

Of me?

simple question, and the mods already know my two accounts.

By heart. LOL

Gongyla ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 2:47 AM

Anton, I went to your site and found the info I wanted. I always hoped your Apollo and, hopefully, a female counterpart (as I don't count on Seraphira studios anymore) could be made available somewhere else. Say there where so many extras for Apollo are available (RDNA).
I don't like multinationals, companies merging and big business.

gingersnap ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 2:53 AM

yes please, if someone sees a mod, please poke them.  direct them this way. 

for a mod that may be keeping track of this?  please lock this thread down.  enough is enough is enough already.

billy423uk ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 3:01 AM

i have a question.

lets say that clark is pulled and apollo rules  the roost. i've read from many that apollo has the same points of reference to some models that clark had to apollo. if this is the case and someone who knew what they were doing could should show the same images as anton showed, would apollo be pulled from rendo? would the same be said of any model that had a similar kind of reference to any other model, let alone a human model. for instance a a shirt, a gun, a car, or any inanimate object

billy

bjergtrold ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 3:06 AM

Bah, no Poser figure is worth such drama.
I rather wait for the next incarnation of David and support a model maker which shows some professional conduct.

You know what is right for you. I know what is right for me.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 3:37 AM

Quote - drama.

There is a great deal of that in this community isn't there?  LOL 

I only quickly skimmed this thread, I didn't read that other one and I haven't bothered with the blog that was linked to.

I've garnered a few things from doing that:

1.  Way too much drama on these forums;

2.  Way too much politics on these forums;

3.  Way too much hatred and animosity on these forums between some individuals;

4.  Some people need to stop pushing other peoples'  buttons;

5.  Some people either need to get a thicker skin or learn how to "tune out" and "ignore";

6.  The petty squabbles I see in this community and the cries for "mommy" and the deliberate taunting make me glad that I never had kids! 

Ynsean and Anton..... get married already.  You both behave like an old married couple anyway, constantly taunting and arguing with one another and then crying foul!

Sorry, but someone had to say it :)  Enough already!!!!!!!!!!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 3:37 AM

Long Live Daz Figures eh bjergtrold?

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 3:43 AM

Mod?

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 3:48 AM

Hi Acadia.

Go back and read it all.

For the entertainment value, if nothing else.

There are some good, serious questions raised, about a lot of things.

You might not change your opinion, but you might understand why someone just passively accused you of attacking them.

Hi Anton! :D

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 3:49 AM

mod?

cherokee69 ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 3:56 AM

Quote - mod?

Sorry Anton, there are none for this forum online at the moment, I just checked.

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 3:57 AM

You know, anton, it usually works better if you click on their names and send them a message with specific complaints.

Really.

Silly goose.

bjergtrold ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 4:00 AM

Quote - Ynsean and Anton..... get married already.  You both behave like an old married couple anyway, ...

That just made my day. :)

Quote - Long Live Daz Figures eh bjergtrold?

Well, Apollo is probably a better figure, but for me the Daz Figures have less emotional ballast attached to them.

You know what is right for you. I know what is right for me.

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 4:05 AM

looks on dreamily and awaits proposal

DarkStarBurning ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 4:12 AM

"Ynsean and Anton..... get married already.  You both behave like an old married couple anyway, constantly taunting and arguing with one another and then crying foul!"

I don't think she's his "type"   :lol:

MindVision-GDS ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 4:12 AM

Making friends Anton? :biggrin:

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 4:13 AM

Apollo is definitely a better figure - but there are plenty of good (and bad) figures.

Why all of this dramatic, political na-naism?  Geez, if I got that way about the other plugins that do the same thing mine do (sometimes in the same application), I'd either be in jail or insane.  Except in cases where there is a clear infringement (Mister Rogers voice: can you say "Renda" - but quietly in this location), it is not warranted.

Now that my copy of Time has arrived, the only that I want to know is when is Rain coming to Denver so that I can kidnap him as an illegal immigrant, undocumented slave, er, pretend that I was thinking out loud and you didn't hear it... 😄

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

ynsaen ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 4:16 AM

Kuroyume, only as long as its after any planned stop in Phoenix....

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 4:21 AM

Quote - when is Rain coming to Denver

I'm assuming you are talking about a person and not weather.  However, I have no idea who "Rain" is. 

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

gingersnap ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 4:22 AM

nuh uh, seattle first please, says the CLONE. 

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 4:30 AM

OK, enough of this. We've already been here once. Go and re-read the thread in the Copyright forum if you're nostalgic for it.

For the record... I don't see any clones in this thread.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Wed, 03 May 2006 at 4:31 AM

Rain (obviously not his real name) is a cutey Korean "Kpop" hunk who's very big in Japan and the surrounding regions.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.