Thu, Oct 10, 6:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Open image?

LonRanger ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 9:58 PM · edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 6:27 PM

Hey - I have Bryce 4. What are some creative uses for the "open image" command? (Under "file") When I do this, Bryce opens an image in front of whatever scene I have been working on, and it just sits there. I can't do anything with it. And when I do anything with the scene, the image disappears. (Of course, I am aware of how I can bring an image into the library and then bring it into the scene as a 2d image) I was just wondering what real value the "open image" command had.

Inkwolf ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 4:32 AM

I suppose it allows you to check through your image files so you can decide which to use for a texture....

brycetech ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 5:50 AM

Actually One of the best uses for this feature is a way to allow you to fix problem images. Say you render an image and see a problem in it (for the purpose of this example, lets assume you see an object is not touching a surface..but everything else is fine). Lets also assume that the image to a LOOONNNNGGGG time to render and you simply do not want to re-render the whole thing after you fix the problem. What you would do is: . set a camera memory dot at the current render position ..export the rendered image to a file name (dont use the default one it gives you) ...fix the problem in the image file (if the problem requires you to do various camera angle changes and plop renders to be assured the object is actually positioned correctly this time..feel free to do this) ....once the problem is fixed, return to your original camera location by clicking the camera memory button you set earlier .....now just go to "file" and "open image". The old image will pop into place. ......you then just use the plop render feature to re-render only the problem area. This is a big time saver for long renders. Many of the images I render take days (even weeks) and this little trick allows me to fix small problems without waiting the whole time again. :) BT

Flickerstreak ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2001 at 6:24 PM

You can also use this feature as a kind of rough-and-tumble collage or composition tool. Open an image, create a scene, and then plop-render or ray-spray-render parts of it. Make sure to do ray-spray-render while in Render View Mode, not Wireframe View Mode, otherwise you'll lose the rayspray pixels. Save the image, and repeat with more scenes. Voila, instant cheesy collage!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.