Tue, Oct 22, 5:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: DAZ now selling Poser...

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 11:51 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:29 AM

Attached Link: DAZ

...and MangaStudio. 

Dare I hope this means DAZ will finally start seriously supporting P6? 

I'm so tired of fixing bump maps and normals...

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 12:11 PM

What's even more interesting is that this means Daz is actually selling Miki...

Hmm...

And I second your wishes for proper P6 support from Daz :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 12:28 PM

Hmmm.  That is an interesting thought.   Wonder if they'll be accepting Miki products for the store now?

jarm ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 12:34 PM

What's more interesting is if Daz figures will appear in the face room?

dlfurman ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 12:39 PM

Peace at last!?

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 12:42 PM

It would be good, not only for DAZ, but for the 3D community as a whole.  This stimulates a lot of cross-pollenation and trade.  I'm not a DAZ Studio user, but items that can sold for D/S use would be a good thing as well.  Utilization across a broad spectrum of users of products from here, and E-frontier and DAZ can only help us all in the long run. 

I'm encouraged about this!  Diversity in the market is ALWAYS a good thing!👍

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 1:08 PM · edited Wed, 10 May 2006 at 1:08 PM

Quote - Hmmm.  That is an interesting thought.   Wonder if they'll be accepting Miki products for the store now?

Now that would be nice to see Miki Products at Daz.

I wouldn't mind if  Daz started selling some James, Jessi, Koji and TY2 items as well.

Cheers

DR

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

SamTherapy ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 1:36 PM

It also explains why Anton left CP.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 1:40 PM

Quote - It also explains why Anton left CP.

you may have a point there...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

gagnonrich ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 1:57 PM

I wouldn't expect a lot non-DAZ figure content support at DAZ. Their policy, at least up to now, has been to not support figures that they don't sell. It might have to do with having to provide support for figures they don't control.

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 2:10 PM

Yeah, but now they are selling Miki.  She's part of the Poser CE pack they have in their store now.

Stegy ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 2:42 PM

Seems like they had to add support for Poser when they acquired Eovia.  Carrara has Transposer which allows you to pull in .pz3 files into Carrara and render them. 

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 2:45 PM

anton already explained why he left cp. hence I am uncertain why daz selling poser would augment or modify anton's explanation.

paulbrittgarcia ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 2:48 PM

Maybe DAZ bought Poser, and Shade, and Manga Studio, and.........

dlfurman ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 3:07 PM

I was going to post what Stegy posted, but I figured better NOT to speculate.

"Few are agreeable in conversation, because each thinks more of what he intends to say than that of what others are saying, and listens no more when he himself has a chance to speak." - Francois de la Rochefoucauld

Intel Core i7 920, 24GB RAM, GeForce GTX 1050 4GB video, 6TB HDD space
Poser 12: Inches (Poser(PC) user since 1 and the floppies/manual to prove it!)

arcady ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 3:31 PM

While competition is good, competition that includes non compatability is bad. Hopefully this will result in the compatability pendulem swinging back the other way. Note however that they still don't sell upgrade versions of Poser, nor Miki seperate of the large full version.

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 4:31 PM

the only thing more intriguing that Daz selling Poser would be Daz Buying Poser..;)

things that make ya go hmm....;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 4:43 PM

Maybe next time you can buy a PC in an Apple Store. :)

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 5:21 PM

No, I checked with apple, and they said they are never gonna sell xp or vista in any apple store. but these things are not written in stone.

replicand ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 5:44 PM

I think this is an interesting development. As mentioned earlier, Daz acquires Eovia - Carrara being the best "non-Poser" host of Poser content, offers the Hexagon modeler for two bucks then sells Poser bundled with Shade, while still selling D/S and Bryce plus the ability to import content into Vue. Of course noone knows for sure but it almost looks like the beginning of a 3D "super-app" similar to the way Alias brought together several disparate packages to produce Maya. If they do this and keep the price reasonable (by keeping it modular for instance) there would be a new big three: Autodesk, Lightwave and Daz. 

anxcon ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 6:47 PM

Miki being sold by Daz........the future i see is either

a) barbie doll bump version gets created and sold at daz

b) or barbie doll bump morph created and sold by Daz

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 7:16 PM · edited Wed, 10 May 2006 at 7:31 PM

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

Momcat ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 7:55 PM

:lol:

aeilkema ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 6:34 AM

Well the beginning of the end is coming upon us...... next move will be DAZ taking over EF and DAZ will soon become the lone player on the Poser market, making us pay for all the freebies and crazy sales they've done in past.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

gagnonrich ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 8:21 AM

Any time the name "DAZ" is mentioned, the worldwide doom and gloom scenario eventually has to come out. 😉

EF is less competition to DAZ's model selling business than RDNA or Renderosity, so any speculation on Poser's acquisition won't have any effect on freebies and sales. DAZ doesn't care whether somebody buys one of their models for Studio or Poser. DAZ has been providing freebies long before they even had competition from anybody. The freebies are about getting people to look at the store every week. Sales are about getting people to buy frequently when they might not otherwise want to buy what's offered right away. Those strategies are independent of the competition DAZ has.

If DAZ wanted to cripple their competition, they'd do it with a truly onerous license that forbids anybody selling products, based on their figures, outside of DAZ, and legally enforcing it. Try to imagine the effect that would have on the marketplace. How many stores would be devastated if they could not sell clothes, textures, or add-ons for the Millennium figures?

I don't think any more should be read into DAZ selling Poser than DAZ selling Total Textures, EFrog, or the other commercial products that they've sold in their store.

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 2:57 PM · edited Thu, 11 May 2006 at 2:58 PM

Uhm...I just read something odd in Computer ARTS #122's review of Carrara 5 Pro, direct quote:

"Carrara's developer, Eovia, also owns the ever-popular Poser..."

That's not true is it? I mean, if it is...does that mean Daz just got Poser as a hidden prize in their acquisition of Eovia Corp. and thus, the Poser for sale stuff at their site?

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 3:14 PM

I think it is just a mistake. People like to confuse the e companies

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 3:23 PM

ah...figured that may be it.  Thanks!

Puntomaus ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 4:48 PM

DAZ is only a reseller for Poser, like they resell XFrog plants. That's all. E-On sells a Poser/Vue/Mover bundle and a Vue/Lightwave bundle - does anyone thinks E-on will buy Poser or Lightwave?

Regarding P6 support - a lot of the new products have P5/P6 mats included now, some products are even P5/P6 only because it's dynamic clothing or it uses the material nodes to create special effects. It's up to the indivdual PAs to include support for all versions of Poser and DS or only for the version they are working with. DAZ tells no one to not support certain versions of Poser.

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.