Tue, Oct 22, 6:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: What is your favorite M3 texture and who created it?

jhustead ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 5:37 PM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 7:36 PM

I'm looking for a new highly detailed M3 texture, so I wanted to get your input on which one you liked best?

Thanks for your input,

-James

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 6:33 PM

Attached Link: http://www.angelssite.nl/html/downloads.html

I really like Satu which you can get free here:

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Neyjour ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 8:02 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=24283

I don't own very many texs for M3 but my favourite by far is Russel by nouschka.  He's got a wonderful morph (especially the face) and a fantastic texture.  Whenever I need a male character for my renders I usually end up using him, or at least some part of him.  😄

"You don't know what we can see
Why don't you tell your dreams to me
Fantasy will set you free." - Steppenwolf

seattletim ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 8:11 PM

Jose by Shahara. I like him because the texture is so incredibly realistic. Incredible! It also works well on the Freak.

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 8:22 PM

Tiff785's M3 and M2 Bishounen (because I do mostly those).

Eternal Hobbyist

Foxseelady ( ) posted Wed, 10 May 2006 at 9:25 PM

For a hairy hairy guy there is King by 3Dream he's fantastic!

For realistic there is The boy next door by Dalinise

vilian ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 2:20 AM
Online Now!

Attached Link: Pic with Althon Gothic set used :)

I ditto Acadia on Satu - quite realistic and good for young-looking characters. Texture set is of high quality - and you can't go wrong with that price ;)

When it comes to pay-for textures, I own only one set, but absolutely adore it. It's Althon Gothic by geometrya (available at 3DC store and here at RMP). Freckled male textures are nor really popular, but this one looks surprisingly good. The only flaw is that body texture is rather blurry around the genital area, and the set does not include genital texture (as it's meant for Hiro who's been neutered by DAZ) but it's fairly cheap anyway and should look good on M3 as well :)

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

Anniebel ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 2:27 AM

I also like Jose by Shahara I use this alot.

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

pleonastic ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 5:53 AM

since you didn't say what type of texture (hair/no hair, age, race, realistic/imaginative), here are my current faves: adro by 3dream fintan by fenrissa jose by shahara mandingo by lluque shane by a_ zeb by quim2001 i suspect gothieboy and anu by samildanach are right out, heh. thanks, vilian, for the tip about althon gothic -- what gorgeous freckles!

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 8:07 AM

Is it just my imaginationor does M3 have a serious deficiency in Free Skin textures? Of course, it hasn't been that long ago that my main figure was the Dork and he's got about 10 in my runtime, but that's Dork. :m_laugh:

zulu9812 ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 11:57 AM

Attached Link: Jasper for M3

file_341582.jpg

Jasper is a really excellent texture - it looks especially good under IBL &AO. I know that kind of lighting is supposed to make skin look good, but Jasper looks REALY good. Here is a render that I did with that texture set.

thefixer ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 1:11 PM

Jose by Shahara, no question!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

jhustead ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 4:47 PM

zulu9812: That render looked really cool, reminds me of a dwarf.

Thank you everybody for your input!

-James

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 7:59 PM

Quote - Is it just my imaginationor does M3 have a serious deficiency in Free Skin textures?

Nope. Very few out there.  I've managed to find some free morphs, mostly face, but some face and body ones too, but textures are rare.

I've been told that V3 textures can work on M3, but what good that is I have no idea.  Most V3 textures come complete with makeup and unless M3 is a transvestite, I don't think he would appreciate wearing a V3 face texture, and then there is the part of his male bits being left out.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

zulu9812 ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 11:38 AM

Quote - zulu9812: That render looked really cool, reminds me of a dwarf.

-James

that's 'cos it is a dwarf!

jonarts ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 1:11 PM

allready mentioned, but worth another post: Russel by Nouschka is great! I don't have much M3 textures...but after buying this one...I won't need much more :)

moochie ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 1:35 PM

Iago, by SteffyZZ.

jhustead ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 2:53 PM

I'll be giving all of these a look at. Thanks for your input & help.

-James

jhustead ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 2:55 PM

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2006 at 1:53 PM

I have lots and lots of M3 textures. It depends on what kind of look you want as to what texture will work best for you. I create Bishie type characters so I tend to use textures that have smooth skin and little hair. I'm not above using a child texture on M3 either, but it will need to be retouched. My favorite textures for M3 Bishies are: 1) Daz: David. The best male overall male texture for M3 and D3, imho. Every detail from bumps to transmaps are of the highest quality. You can use David textures on M3 without needing to convert them. Peachy skintone. Soft Autumn. 2) Tiff: Sledmasters. This is the best very pale texture for M3, imho. A combination photo-realism and hand painting. Yellowy skintone. Deep Winter. 3) Thorne: Pook PanPan and Poppy. Textures will need to be converted to M3. A combination photo-realism and hand painting. PanPan is a Deep Autumn with a tan skintone, Poppy is a Deep Winter with rosy skintone. 4) Shahara: Jose. The best photo-realistic nonDaz texture you can get for M3. Very manly and natural with b ody hair. Skintone is rosy. Deep Winter. 5) Rene by L75. Rosy blush to cheeks and rosy lips are a nice touch you won't see on any other male texture. Skintone is pale and rosy. Deep Winter. Other good textures not already mentioned above are: Anything by DAZ. DAZ M3, DAZ Freak, DAZ Luke, DAZ Matt (may need to be UTCed) Morris Joshua and Hunter (nice photo-realistic textures) L75 Trey (nice photo-realistic texture) DKDW Elf and Human (nice textures and LOTRish) jlneveloff Sweet Braeden (I like his face and coloring) P.S. Unless I'm mistaken, SteffyZ has not done a M3 texture. Iago is M2. bB

kalon ( ) posted Sat, 13 May 2006 at 2:14 PM

You might also look at Adrian by Sydd and Dorian by Yuna and Tigee

kalonart.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.