Wed, Oct 23, 2:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: How often do I need to purchase Poser contend from Rendo?

guslaw ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 6:48 PM · edited Wed, 23 October 2024 at 2:22 AM

I don't know where to post this but since I purchase mainly Poser content I'm posting it in the Poser forum. Mods feel free to mov eit anywhere it belongs...

I received the usual occasional limited discount offer e-mail from the Rendo PTB except this one starts out...

"It’s been a while since you shopped at the Renderosity MarketPlace and we miss you! We would like to offer this special coupon to earn your business." etc. etc.

The last purchase I made was May 7 of this year, 4 day ago. I have made 11 purchases this year alone averaging $36.50 each. ($400+ total for 2006 so far) That's an average of one purchase every 12 calender days. I haven't checked but I'm guessing that I have a very similar track record going back 2-3 years.

How often (and how much) do I have to buy before I stop getting what I think are thoughtless, if not downright insulting sales pitches?

modus0 ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 7:21 PM

You'll never stop getting those, it's a mass email thing, says the same thing regardless of who the recipient is and when their last purchase was.

I don't even pay attention to the text, just look for the coupon amount, code, and expiration date, the rest is unimportant to me.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

Rance01 ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 7:22 PM

I shop here and have for some time now and have NEVER gotten such an e-mail.  The only e-mail I get from Renderosity is the e-bot notices about forum posts and those seem to be going crazy since they changed the forum format.

Best Wishes,

Rªnce

Rance01 ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 7:29 PM

Cross posted with modus0.  Maybe you should look into your profile or preferences.  There may be a swith you can click which will eliminate the e-mails.  I like my privacy and will not work with companies that send me a lot of junk e-mail or even US Mail.

With a little work you can really ease the US Mail junk you recieve.

-Rªnce

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 8:28 PM

I used to get those.  But I turned off emails in my preferences area. Now I only get a weekly news letter.  I didn't use the coupons anyway as the minimal amount  to buy  to get 10% off is too high for me.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 10:16 PM

Let's see..5 years? I've never actually bought anything from anyone, and no one's had a real problem yet (I do hand out the odd freebie from time to time..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

dkM21 ( ) posted Thu, 11 May 2006 at 10:52 PM

Ill take a thoughtless and insulting sales pitch if it comes with a coupon. hint hint.

arcady ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 2:51 AM

If you don't like it, just forward the coupon code portion on to me. I for one, will like that. :p (you probably can't do that... but hey, worth a try... ;) )

Truth has no value without backing by unfounded belief.
Renderosity Gallery

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 4:30 AM · edited Fri, 12 May 2006 at 4:31 AM

I think everyone gets the same coupon code and it's only valid once per account.

For me it's not worth me spending $35 USD plus exchange rate in order to save $3.50.

I'd prefer if they lowered their minimum to $10 or $15.00.  Or they could do it in steps.  10% discount for X dollars spent, 20% for X dollars spent, 25% off for X dollars spent.

More people would probably take advantage of it then.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

jenay ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 9:47 AM

the minimum amount varies from time to time, sometimes it is 10$, sometimes it is up to 35$.

I think I used the coupon 2 or 3 times, when my whislist was filled with items, including a sale here and there.

stallion ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 11:07 AM

this time the minimum is $15.

You might as well PAY attention, because you can't afford FREE speech

thefixer ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 11:49 AM

I always get the coupon about 10 minutes after I just bought something, go figure!

Made a purchase last night, the first for a Month from here and "bingo", as predicted 10 minutes later an E-mail with a coupon

Ha!!!!

:cursing:

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

jonarts ( ) posted Fri, 12 May 2006 at 12:33 PM · edited Fri, 12 May 2006 at 12:41 PM

funny thread :)
I do recieve this "BUY SOME STUFF"-reminder from time to time.
And guess what I'm doing?
Yap!
I buy something g

They know their business ;-)

So if you spend four hundred bucks in a quarter for Poser - stuff,...you should invest a few bucks in a proper Spam filter too :)

take care folks

[edit] for some missspelling ... I should invest in a proper translator...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.