Mon, Sep 9, 4:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: "Bluebelle" Spring Faerie Character now available

bebop ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 3:53 PM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 3:43 PM

Attached Link: http://eaglesgift5.homestead.com/characters.html

file_161986.jpg

Now available at my site. Includes all props textures etc. http://eaglesgift5.homestead.com/characters.html

Don ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 4:22 PM

The links to Downloads doesn't work.

bebop ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 4:38 PM

Can't find any problems Don. I was just modifying the page maybe you were there at the same time. Just got 2 emails from people who have downloaded the files so everything seems OK. If you continue to have problems let me know

ElGreco ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 5:55 PM

The problem is with downloaders outside the US, everything from Homestead is off-limits. Can somebody else not living in US try to verify this?

rain ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 6:36 PM

I got it. I'm in Canada.

Nance ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 6:52 PM

Lovely face work and a great hair transmap. Is it new with this character? (& just curious, does Homestead really know what country a download is going to?)

JimX ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 7:39 PM

She's beautiful!!! But I just tried to download here. All the links at your page seem not to be functional (they do not even appear when I view the source of your HTML). I'm in California. I know lots of people who consider that a foreign country, but I don't think Homestead treats it that way. Anyone else having better success than I????? - JimX

mikes ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 8:29 PM

I haven't tried it yet, but Homestead seems to be hostile to Netscape, if that's what you're using.

JimX ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 8:54 PM

I'm using IE5.

JimX ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 9:05 PM

I just tried again. The links appear dead. But I searched the HTML Source for "HREF=" and I found the URL for the download. I copied that and pasted it in the Address bar. That took me to the Homestead Download page, which indicated "SprinFaerieGirl.zip". But when I clicked on the file name, Homestead sent me to their "Page not found" page. I use IE5 as my browser on a Mac. Is this just me? - Jimx

rain ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 10:36 PM

Must be :-) I'm not only in Canada but I also use Netscape. I got all three files right away - no problem.

quesswho ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 10:56 PM

You are not alone I am in california and couldn't get the zips either. I got the same message you did. Marge

tbsro ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 11:07 PM

I got the same message. Homestead couldn't find the file I requested. :(

bebop ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2001 at 11:24 PM

Sorry for the problems that some of you are having downloading. I think there are various reasons for the problems. Probably the main one is that over 300 people have tried to download in the last 4 hours and I don't think Homestead can cope.

wyrwulf ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 12:58 AM

Thanks for another great character, bebop. Homestead does that. You just have to keep trying.

aleks ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 5:00 AM

i've been trying to d'load it but it never works for me. i'm from germany. i think i'll quit even trying to see anything on homestead. it just costs money and nerves! how about changing the server? :-)

FanDancer ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 5:21 AM

hey bebop, I have a webpage I havent even used yet a tripod. You have a small banner at the top of the page..but I havent had many probs with the other site i have with them...I'd be happy to host your downloads off my site "Mirror Image", if you'd like..it wouldnt take much to put up the index page for it..and i was going to use it for my poser site anyway..would that help?..I'm having the same probs..can see the zip..but homestead would let me have it..lol.its like having a sucker in your hand..and the stupid wrapper wont come off:)..I'll keep trying... sooner or later ill get it..She's very beautiful..great job hun:) Lynn "SeaRose"

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 12:38 PM

Seems to be a tri-pod thing. I can get to the Homestead links but NOT to the PZ3 on Tri-pod (i'm using IE too, heard once Tri-pod don't like that) Also I had trouble back when John On The Run used to post off Tri-pod.

bebop ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 1:39 PM

Just been banned from Tri-pod for violating their terms of servive! Not sure what I did. OK plan "D"

FanDancer ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 1:53 PM

well, guys..ok..I have other sites besides tripod..I have one at bravenet that I can host bebops downloads off of...do you guys have any probs downing from them? don't worry bebop..we'll get ya fixed up here somehow:) SeaRose

nitreug ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 5:33 PM

did not work for me at all

nitreug ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 5:38 PM

I try in Netscape and IE...Nothing work and I am in USA

igohigh ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2001 at 6:10 PM

Just got home from work, I see the PZ3 file moved over to Homestead but I was only able to access the WFnewWingsTex.zip file. The other two where "Sorry, file not found". I never had problems before downloading from Homstead but I head somewhere that Homestead will disable a file if traffic gets beyond the user's limit? -gotta go, iguana wants to "go outside" (doody time)

zett ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2001 at 3:27 AM

I have the same problems with all files from homestead. I'm in Germany

reddog ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2001 at 3:43 AM

yea blue it being blocked just tryed it but winter is comming through got the same thing

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2001 at 6:20 AM

I can't get the Fairy. I can't even get Jack, who shouldn't have much traffic right now (I aasume that folks in snow country aren't dowloading frost fairies this week?) I'm using a Mac and Netscape, and I'm in California. I also come in late at night, when traffic ought to be thin. No luck. I was really hoping to get Jack and those nifty wings. Thank you for sharing with us. Carolly

xvcoffee ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2001 at 8:44 AM

Any problem with having a NON JAVA version of the page with a text link for downloading the files?

bebop ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2001 at 2:16 PM

Hopefully all the problems will be solved shortly. The files for all the faerie characters and a few others will be hosted by Lannies 3D Model World. It's going to take a couple of days to get all the files uploaded etc. Thanks for your patience. Bebop

bebop ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2001 at 2:19 PM

PS I set up a new site at Homestead specifically for the Faerie characters. Homestead have deleted all the zip files after I spent hours uploading them. What a professional organisation they are!

JimX ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2001 at 2:22 PM

Bebop, Well that explains it! This whole thread is not a very good commercial for Homestead, is it? It is a shame that after you went to all the effort to create such a beautiful model (that is obviously as popular as it deserves to be), you now have to go through all this additional effort to make it available to us. We appreciate!!!! - JimX

bebop ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2001 at 3:15 PM

Well it's not the complete explanation but it's part. There still is the problem of the files that are still there not been available to some people but not others. There doesn't seem to be a common reason. Homestead is now charging $30 a month if you want a business site! Time to move on I think.

Nance ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2001 at 8:28 PM

Glad to have gotten them while the gettin' was good. Thanks Bebop! However... semi-OT: I wonder if this, and similar recent incidents, does not highlight the need for a re-examination of the policy here of not allowing Freestuff links to HTML pages. With widespread changes in the major hosts TOS, it's become very difficult to find a free web host that still allows direct linking and will work in here. While I understood Willow's original concerns, and Jack's perpetuation of the policy, the wwweb has dun changed. ...Pretty-please?

bebop ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2001 at 8:50 PM

I think I tend to agree Nance. I'm certainly having problems trying to find anywhere now that will allow you to store zip files, as well as having a homepage etc, and allow linking to those files from a different site. I got a Tripod site together veen built a webpage using their site builder software did one link from my Homestead page and that was it they banned me.

Wizzard ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2001 at 1:40 AM

aye.. apparently homestead is going to a more commercial site.. it appears that all downloads are pulled.. but them pulling my pics as well is annoying.... meanwhile at another server....

JKeller ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2001 at 1:05 PM

As I remember it (I was here from day 1 when Poser Forum moved to this software/host) and the Freestuff/Funstuff was never hosted on this site at any point. On the prior site, funstuff consisted of aproximately 20 items and you had to e-mail your item and wait about a week for it to get posted. When we were all moved over to this site, Roy Riggs had built this wonderful software, but they had already made the decision at that point to link off-site. Again, this is just how I remember it...I was there, but I wasn't privy to all the inside information at that point.

The wwweb has dun changed, agreed, but not in a way that makes things easier for this site. There is no server in the world that could handle the freestuff traffic without significantly upping the operation costs. Rendo would need to change to a subscription model to handle that type of bandwidth.

Nance ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2001 at 10:43 PM

Misunderstood perhaps? I was simply suggesting that the FreeStuff software block on links to HTML pages be removed so that reliable, free services like Geo or Tripod or Angelfire, which no longer permit direct file linking because it avoids their ads, could be used as hosts for stuff posted here once again. Something like this- (my dl page at Geo for the cutoffs in FreeStuff that no longer seem to work) P4Fem CutOffs - Open

JKeller ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2001 at 5:02 PM

Totally misunderstood what you were saying. Thought you were talking about local hosting of the files for some reason. I really need to start reading all the sentences. My bad.

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2001 at 6:19 PM

Lot of posts here, but does anyone have news to report regarding the potential availability of the Bluebell files at a new site yet?

Intel Core I7 3090K 4.5 GhZ (overclocked) 12-meg cache CPU, 32 Gig DDR3 memory, GeoForce GTX680 2gig 256 Bit PCI Express 3.0 graphic card, 3 Western Difgital 7200 rpm 1 Tb SATA Hard Drives

bebop ( ) posted Wed, 11 April 2001 at 10:20 PM

Very soon TM. Couple of days. Things have got a little frantic over the last couple of days. It's not only the Faerie characters that have gone but most of the thumbnails for the free stuff a lot of the zips the store stuff a lot of the elements on the site and so it goes on. I'll post here as soon as they are available. Bebop

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2001 at 6:17 AM

Thanks for the reply, bebop. My hat is off to you for preservering through all of the Homestead crap. I'll be patient. Bluebelle is an outstanding creation worth waiting for. Congratulations to you for having the artistic talent to create her in the first place, and thanks for freely sharing her with the community.

Intel Core I7 3090K 4.5 GhZ (overclocked) 12-meg cache CPU, 32 Gig DDR3 memory, GeoForce GTX680 2gig 256 Bit PCI Express 3.0 graphic card, 3 Western Difgital 7200 rpm 1 Tb SATA Hard Drives

WarriorDL ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2001 at 12:15 PM

I can host it on the no-prob, no banner www.3dposer.com in the Fantasy section if you want.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.