Wed, Sep 18, 11:13 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: making multiple object into one in poser ?!?!?! how ?

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2006 at 8:49 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 11:08 AM

Hi all

I'll try to write this a best i know

I got :

Obj.1

obj.2

obj.3

in poser loaded and i want to make it ONE object

When i parent the parts together all move when i move the parent.

But when i move a child only the child moves, i know thats normal.

Thats why i wanna make em all in ONE so the parts can move without all parts moving.

And to make it more difficult i have 1 obj. that has a posble part. "yes DR Geep it worked :} "

I need to make it all in one but still need to have the poseble part poseble...

I hope i make any sence thinking in dutch and writing it in English makes it a bit more difficult to explain it ....

THNX for any help you have

"and before i forget ..i only knew how to make renders in poser so keep that in mind please "

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

shogakusha ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2006 at 11:30 AM

Attached Link: http://www.shogakusha.net

Hey Chris,

If I understand what you are looking for, you want to take three .obj (say Barrel cylinder, Barrel top and Barrel Bottom) and make a single .obj (Barrel).

If that is correct, load all three .obj in a scene, position them together, then go to File>Export>Wavefront OBJ. In the hierachy window uncheck Universe (which should deselect everything, then select only your three .obj. Click OK, browse to a place to save the new .obj and call it Barrel.obj.

Open a new scene in Poser and go to File>Import>Wavefront OBJ. Locate your Barrel.obj click OK. Deselect all options on the Import Options window. Your 'Barrel' should load in the scene as a single .obj.

You can now save it as a Prop.

Sorry I don't have time to post screen captures. I hope this makes sense.

Shogakusha

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2006 at 11:36 AM

yeah you got the idea ..almost  :}  when i export the "barrel" the MAPS from them are lost because its a new OBJ.

i need the textured MAPS that i made in UVmapper to stick with them.

SO i don,t wanna make a complete  "new" object i wanna glue "? is that word oke?" them to gether without losing the maps...

Does this make sence ... "damn i whised the dutch never gave up america to the english :} then you all spoke dutch  hehehehe ...

Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

shogakusha ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2006 at 1:09 PM

file_342376.JPG

Try these setting during the export. I think it will preserve your grouping and mapping.

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2006 at 1:17 PM · edited Thu, 18 May 2006 at 1:17 PM

Mmm Oke ..but i think i was unclear some how i don't need it to GO outside Poser anymore...

The project is ready i loaded it all into poser to STAY in poser ...

But saved as a prop the parts can move separately and that is what i don't want.

It got to stay as ONE in poser but still posble  like "stonemasons level19 Doors"

its ONE piece to load but stil the door is poseble and its not a prop but a figure ....

Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

shogakusha ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2006 at 2:10 PM

Ah! Sorry. My misunderstanding.

I think what you need then is the Hierarchy editor which I understand vaguely, but cannot explain by any measure :unsure:

Sorry

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2006 at 3:12 PM

you can parent the parts to each other then. That will make them stick together and still be poseable. An example is my Treasure Chest here in Free Stuff, the lid is parented to the chest and the hinge/lock is parented to the lid, and thus everything is moveable.

(today I would have made it into a character but at the time I made it I wasn't quite sure how to do that...)

The backdraw of parented multipart-props is that when you delete them you need to delete all the bits one by one. But in general, it works fine and it's easy to make :o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2006 at 3:28 PM

i know about the parent thing.. thats the way is got it now..

but if you have: obj1 and obj2 parented to obj3 , all move when you move obj3 but when you move obj 1 or 2 they move with out obj3. and i don't want that ... 

(today I would have made it into a character but at the time I made it I wasn't quite sure how to do that...)

so thats what i have to do make em into a character ... ???

Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

shogakusha ( ) posted Thu, 18 May 2006 at 7:43 PM

Yes, you three OBJs will become a single Figure, the doors becoming 'body parts' of the wall.

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 4:23 AM

so if thats what i have to do ... i restate my question : HOW do i do that..

When i go to the setup room only one part of it goes there is only one part shown...

SO how .....

thnx for the help  !!

Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 6:15 AM

Personally I use PHI builder (free from Roy Riggs' site) - I find it the easiest way to do it (but then I HATE the Setup room, so I'm probably not a good example)

Save the 3 bits as ONE boj, make sure the parts are each a group (use the settings shown earlier) and import that ob into PhiBuilder.

It will look sorta like the Hierachy Editor in Poser (PHI stands for PoserHIerachy) so you simply ... parent the parts there, save the Phi file and open that in Poser. When you do that, there'll be a new (and invisible as it has no thumbnail) character in your New Figures folder. You can then load that and make a thumbnail.

One thing to keep in mind when using Phi Builder: The obj MUST be somewhere in the Geometries folder in your Runtime (Geometries/Bartworx for instance) or PhiBuilder will throw you an error. But other than that, it's a VERY easy program to use.

You could PM Robotmonster666 if you need more details, I explained this to him and he made it work. And he's dutch too ;o)

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 7:28 AM

Save the 3 bits as ONE boj,

But when i save all the bits to one new OBJ all the maps are gone ..... or not ?

Mennnn modeling the stuff itself is 100% easyer than making it work in poser :}

Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 8:35 AM

The mapping should still be in place, as far as I know, Poser doesn't remove existing UVMapping.

I'm not 100% sure though....

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 9:10 AM

file_342452.jpg

euhhmmm well it does screw it up ....

The first image are multi objects with maps on them like they should be

2nd image i exported the object as one OBJ. file and as you can see

the map from the case with the blue lines on them are all over the place...

There should be a "easy" way to do this ,otherwise what a shitty program is poser.

People should not have to go true this kind of sh!t to make stuff for it do they........

Chris  "who is greatfull for all the help"

Chris

My Free Stuff

jenay ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 9:38 AM

each object should have its own material settings and names. so check each single object
in the menu render settings, if there is a unique name for each material assigned. if not
then you may only see the name "preview".
when you export the 3 objects and re-import the combined object into Poser,
there is only one material left: "preview" and only one texture is applied to the
whole thing. I thinks this happened in your 2. render.

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 9:44 AM

but as you can see in the above image all the objects have tere own name and maps

So where do I go wronge i have all the maps aplied to the objects in poser and it looks fine until i export and import as one ....

And the poser manual is no help at all .... snifff :{

Maybe i'm asking it in a strange way ... i just can't believe it has to be this hard to do something like this......

Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

rty ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 10:36 AM

When I model an object, I parent the (UVmapped & textured) pieces of the objects inside the modeling app, export the resulting entity as one single OBJ, and Poser imports them as one obj having several Materials, all with their own mapping.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.