Tue, Oct 22, 4:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: New character for Poser! [Freebie Alert]

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 6:03 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 4:27 AM

This time for real L

Here's my newest character, and thus my newest freebie:

Say hello to Doctor Sockpuppet!

He comes with enough expression morphs to make him at least somewhat useful as a partner... and he has his very own texture pack as well! The base character contains 4 Poser6 materials, and there are 5 other options in the MAT pack - suitable for all Poser versions as well as Daz Studio.

I haven't tried to fit a foot inside him so... he might not be a REAL sock after all. He's probably knitted with the purpose of being a sock puppet.

Enjoy!

Made in Hexagon and the morphs in Blacksmith3D, in case anyone cares G

He's on my Homepage now and as soon as he's approved, here in free stuff as well.

Have fun!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 6:10 AM

"I haven't tried to fit a foot inside him"

Priceless! :D

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 6:46 AM

Oh My! I see someone who might possible compete with Emotiguy in renders for a while! LOL! Thanks TG!

barrowlass ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 8:06 AM

ooh he's really cute, but doesn't look like AR, 😉

Sheiila

My aspiration: to make a decent Poser Render I'm an Oldie, a goldie, but not a miracle worker :-)

Gallery

Freebies

Music Vids

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 8:33 AM

Uhm.. he DOES have a Nose Morph though... It's all what you want to see ;o)

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

lemur01 ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 11:44 AM

Trekkie.... you have FAR too much time on your hands lol. Great figure though.

Jack

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 11:57 AM

Thanks for this and ALL your great freebies, TrekkieGrrrl :)

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 12:06 PM

hmm..I'll have to check this out when I get home..;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

RAMWorks ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 12:06 PM

Looks really fun Trekkie!! 

Can't wait to play with it!! 

Richard ;-)~

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

SAMS3D ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 3:25 PM

LOL....you made me smile, very cute...thank you.  Sharen

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 3:38 PM

hehe, cute!  But I was hoping to see a picture of Viggo,  LOL

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 4:33 PM

Now does anyone know of a Handpuppet Theatre prop? You know the kind I'm talking about! Those little curtained window boxes you see in the malls with people putting on puppet shows to entertain the kids while the parents shop for their own brand of toys.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 4:51 PM

file_342491.jpg

Look! Now you've gone and made him worry! Hehehe.....

:m_tongue2:

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 5:07 PM

Ummm.. TG, I think you forgot to  include the expression Morphs. Are they a separate download?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 5:58 PM

Ah no... Read the readme ;)

I should have mentioned it here as well. All the morphs are in the BODY part of the sock puppet, not the head, because most of them involves both eyes, head and..er.. the rest of it.

So they're there, just not where they're usually found.

Sorry for not mentioning :blushing:

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 6:08 PM

Ah, so I need to do a little CR2 editing to make him Mimic 1 compatible. And Of course I didn't read the readme! I'm a guy! LOL!

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 6:52 PM

Most of the morphs are of course present on the HEAD as well, just hidden because ...well the eyes didn't follow on the Head Bend morph for instance and that looked rather spooky... so since Blacksmith always makes morphs into Full Body Morphs when you save the CR2 from there, I decided to just hide the morphs on the other parts as to not confuse people. For some reason, the Eyes Dilate doesn't work when you dial it on the eyes, but it works fin in the Body ... 😕

I had planned to make him Mimic compatible, but... for one thing he hasn't got a tongue...

nakamuram ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 8:54 PM

Thanks Trekkie!!

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 9:54 PM

Well Little Dragon showed me how to ERC morphs from the body to the head when I made the B9 robot mimic compatible, now I've just gotta go find where I saved that little message or reverse engineeer it all over agzin from the B9 CR2. I'd still like to see a puppet theatre if you know where I can find one!

Faery_Light ( ) posted Fri, 19 May 2006 at 10:07 PM

TG;
he's sooo cute. I'm going to try to download him and hope all goes well.
Here lately I backup to CD as soon as I have about 600 or 659 mb of stuff. Don't trust machines anymore. :)
thanks for the freebies.

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2006 at 5:09 AM

Mizrael, I have the puppet theater ALMOST ready.. had to go to bed last night.. but.. it's on its way... ;o)

vilian ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2006 at 6:45 AM

Thanks for the freebie Trekkie ! This is one of your cutiest creations so far. Love any toys :blushing: , whether Poser or real ones and this one is certainly fun :biggrin:

Looking forward to the puppet theater too - I have some puppet freebies grabbed, I could finally make some use of them 🤤 (wasn't that Tomiya who did puppet cow and froggie for Poser ? There's also sock puppet by PDXJims, and including yours that's four puppets in total).

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2006 at 6:46 AM

file_342545.jpg

teaser pic.. I have to go to work now... I'll finish it when I get home :o)

infinity10 ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2006 at 10:50 AM

OMG, this is so cute

Eternal Hobbyist

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2006 at 4:19 PM · edited Sat, 20 May 2006 at 4:20 PM

Not only is that witty, but those uv maps are quite nice. Did you make the maps with unfold in HEX2? Methinks "Lambchops" will soon follow. ;) bB

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2006 at 4:33 PM

Actually I looked at the unfold thing in Hex and was totally utterly confused. So no, it's made in UVMapper, partially using the Interactive mapping but basically it's just an oldfashioned planar map.

The texture maps are then painted in Blacksmith because that is such a nice way to paint across seams G

"Lambchops"? 😕😄

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2006 at 5:12 PM
TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 20 May 2006 at 7:34 PM

Ah once again my horizon has been widened :m_grin:

Thanks

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2006 at 1:03 AM · edited Sun, 21 May 2006 at 1:05 AM

Lambchop, the original Sock Puppet that Americans of my age group grew up with! And thanks for that link! I wasn't aware that Shari had passed away!

BastBlack ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2006 at 1:48 PM

file_342705.gif

They did a big story on her on TV when she passed away. Here's a picture. bB

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 22 May 2006 at 1:47 AM

Aww it's cute! I guess I should see if I can do that, once I finish my current project (http://market.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=2690140)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.