Tue, Oct 22, 5:49 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Redistribution of Models at this site....Many of Renderosity, DAZ and others the

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2006 at 3:41 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:44 AM

I was alerted that there were some of our models being redistributed at this site:

http://archidom.net/

I went through his list and found many of ours and I emailed him immediatley, it is against our TOS.  I also saw many models that belonged to members of Renderosity, sale and free at this site, also Runtime DNA, and Daz's.

If you are concerned and found your models also being redistributed you need to email this person chief@archidom.net

He is changing them to .3ds and other formats to be used in other applications.  I even saw Autodesk's models and dwgs being redistributed and I know that is not right.

Just wanted you all to be aware of this.  Sharen

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2006 at 3:48 PM

by the looks of it its a russian site ... and by personal experiens in russia anything goes...

The chance that you get them to remove illigal things is IMHO 0,00003 %

I did try it once with  mixes i made ... but no luck they just ignored all the mails etc etc.

even big company in the music bizz have no luck.. when they heat get to high they " the site" just move and re locate ..and all starts over again..

Good luck to you all if you gonna spent time and effort on it !

i hope you get more out of it then i ever had...

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

MarianneR ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2006 at 4:00 PM

I see that they have a lot of Google ads, and I suppose they get paid for that. Maybe you could try to tell Google that they are probably supporting warez?

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2006 at 4:01 PM

I can't just overlook it, even if it is hard to control or get a response.  Sometimes these sites may not understand others TOS and it has to be explained, which is what I did.  I also emailed him/her in their native tongue and have already gotten a response.

I know that this kind of thing is hard to do, but I will take the time to do this.  Sharen

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2006 at 4:03 PM

I shure hope it workes for you... i know that seeing your hard work getting ripped off hurts..

Good Luck !

Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2006 at 4:09 PM

Marianne, thanks for the tip, I did email them, hope it helps.  Sharen

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2006 at 4:09 PM

And Bar-Code, you are right it does hurt in more ways then you know.  Sharen

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2006 at 4:11 PM

And Bar-Code, you are right it does hurt in more ways then you know.  Sharen

Believe me i KNOW .... i missed out on a lot of money so i KNOW...

Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2006 at 5:01 PM

It looks as though they have already been removed..I went thru his free stuff & didn't recognize anything...

billy423uk ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2006 at 5:39 PM

just had a look and theres load of stuff from figures to furniture there. was it wise to put an url for it up. sams 3d. 

billy

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2006 at 6:10 PM

The link to that site has been posted here a number of times before.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

pakled ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2006 at 8:58 PM

They're Ukranian (minor point), but still it's a problem.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

thefixer ( ) posted Mon, 22 May 2006 at 2:08 AM

I came across a similar thing the other day with a site called "dazredux.com" or something like that.

Don't think there's anything illegal on there though but they do have links to stuff added here in freestuff!

I asked site admin here to check it out and they seem quite ok about it so I guess it's not the same, have alook and see what you think, might be some of your stuff on there.

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

barrowlass ( ) posted Mon, 22 May 2006 at 10:20 AM

yeh, but not even a "Pazhalsta" or "Spasibo" for the stuff!!!!!

My aspiration: to make a decent Poser Render I'm an Oldie, a goldie, but not a miracle worker :-)

Gallery

Freebies

Music Vids

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 22 May 2006 at 11:23 AM

I've been to Dazredux.com - because I saw the name pop up in a Google search (I do get Google bots whenever people search for my name G) - to me it looked like a nice site that promoted stuff, not by direct linking to it but by announcing that this and that place has something new and cool. In my case it was my V3RR nipple morphs :o)

So I think that one is kosher - unless it has changed since I was there...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 22 May 2006 at 12:51 PM

Update, I just got contacted by the owner of the site I mentioned above, he/she is in the process of looking at our work and comparing our work to the work of whomever.  I am to hear back soon in hopes he removes them.  I offered the pictures as a reference.  Sharen

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 22 May 2006 at 12:58 PM

I also was contacted by Google and they are looking into this.  If proven that they are SAM'S 3D models that have been revamped to their format and have been  re-distributed against our TOS, they are ready to take action on our behalf.  So far all is looking well....but you know how that goes.  Sharen

SoulTaker ( ) posted Mon, 22 May 2006 at 3:11 PM

if you get stuff from a site you dont know. dont cry when you get a virus and have to kiss your runtime goodbye

ArchiDOM ( ) posted Mon, 22 May 2006 at 3:37 PM

All models, which are located on the site were sent by the different authors or they laid out themselves for the free running off on the sites. If there is the author of model and it does not desire to see its model on my site - he writes me about this applying the confirmation of its authorship. If he wants the explicit indication of its authorship - he writes me about this and 4 this I make. If references are necessary - write, 4 with their pleasure I will place. In entire lifetime of the site of such it was 3 pritenzii and all models were without delay removed and brought izveneniya. I propose to go in this way. It obtained from your forum not of odnog of letter 4 also about such passions it learned randomly analyzing traffic. Apropos of models DWG - these are the freely extended models of firms - producers. Previously I please forgiveness for my English - this is machine transfer. With the respect Andrey Sergeev

paulbrittgarcia ( ) posted Mon, 22 May 2006 at 3:52 PM · edited Mon, 22 May 2006 at 3:53 PM

Attached Link: http://www.dazredux.blogspot.com

Hello all!

I own and publish DAZ REDUX blog!  At: http://www.dazredux.blogspot.com

It is published as a directory of freestuff, news, tutorials, etc., that can be used in or pertain to DAZ Productions products!

The links go directly to the OWNER"S OWN SITE!

If anyone wants thier product or products eliminated from it; all they have to do is ask me and I will be happy to oblige!

A lot of people have a lot of trouble remembering WHICH freebie site to search for a particular freebie; DAZ REDUX makes the items much easier to find.

Britt

SAMS3D ( ) posted Mon, 22 May 2006 at 4:22 PM

Thank you ArchieDom for exibiting excellent character and removing our models as requested.  You are a gentleman.  Sharen Custer

catlin_mc ( ) posted Wed, 24 May 2006 at 5:57 PM

I went to have a look through what was going on there after I saw your post Sharen, and in the People section they've got "Misaki" too, they even call her Misaki.

Catlin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.