Fri, Sep 20, 6:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: In need of odd props

Naunet ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 1:09 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 4:24 AM

I'm working on an album cover for my friends band. I've been looking all over, but can't find what I need. I'm looking for Poser or Vue 4 freebies, as I am donating my time & art (they are an underground band & have no cash). Thank you to anyone who can help me out.
Here is a list of what I'm looking for:

native american burial scaffold, medicine wheel & feathers

burnt, barren, foreboding, apocalyptic background/Cyclorama/Environment

drug paraphernalia (needles, bottles, etc.)

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 1:18 AM

Attached Link: http://mystic-nights.com/directory/index.php

Usually I take the time to search out specific links, but you have quite the list there.

I've posted a link to a search data base where you can enter in a key word and search for free sites that have related items.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Realmling ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 9:10 AM

Attached Link: http://www.andi3d.co.uk

Might take a look at some of Andi3D's freebie props. He's got some ruins and such that might work or other things you could combine for the background.

For the medicine wheel (the quartered circle design, correct?)...if you can't find one, PM me here and I could probably model one up real quick. Be on your own if you want anything other than simple textures.

We do have some feathers on items from the Native project over at www.3dsaracreations.com. Can take a look at those.

Crazy alien chick FTW! (yeah....right....)

Realm of Savage - Poser goodies and so much more!

~~

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 12:27 PM

I have a syringe at my site, in the Morphing Props section :o)

(link to my website below)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 1:16 PM

the juxtaposition of a sacred burial site and drug paraphernalia might raise some concerns amongst those with indigenous ancestors here (the states), but I reckon all those items are available for whatever use one wishes.

Naunet ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 2:05 PM · edited Fri, 26 May 2006 at 2:07 PM

Yes, I know. The band is Native American (I believe mostly Warm Springs), and this is to get their message out there. They feel the tribes are allowing themselves to be taken over by drugs & alcohol, and letting their native heritage & traditions slip away. They are trying to wake the tribes up with their music.

diolma ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 2:39 PM

file_343230.jpg

Vairesh has some Native American props available, here in Freestuff IIRC...

Cheers
Diolma

Naunet ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 2:56 PM

Thank you everyone for your help.

Diolma, where can I find Vairesh's freebies? I could only find one freebie here at 'rosity.

Realmling, I may take you up on your offer. Thanks.

diolma ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 3:18 PM

Hang on, Naunet - I'll check my zip files (this might take a while...)

Cheers,
Diolma

diolma ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 3:57 PM · edited Fri, 26 May 2006 at 3:58 PM

Finally...
Lack of success :-((

Not a freebie from here, I think it's the "MIKONA NATIVE AMERICAN CHARACTER PAK"
which was available from DAZ, but no longer seems to be there.

And, of course, you can't search for DAZ items, 'cos they're all named with references which only DAZ understands (and in .exe files, too).

If my info is correct, Vairesh can be contacted via email : Vairesh@Vairesh.com
Maybe, if you ask him nicely, he'll let you have (just the props) for free? (If he/she's still got them..they're fairly old.).

Oh, well, I tried..

Cheers,
Diolma

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 4:05 PM

Greylight used to have some Indian/Native American props (if'n I remember correctly), but they were for Poser 3 ( I think). There's millions of freebies out there, good luck.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 4:14 PM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com/shop.php?op=itemdetails&item=527

Mikona is still at Daz. 

Naunet ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 6:40 PM

Thanks for looking diolma - much appreciated. Thanks for the link Acadia, I'll keep that in mind if I can't find freebies.

rivkah ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 10:14 PM

Have you tried 3D Sara Creations? They  have a Native American Project  full of free  downloads. The items are for  Sara but you  might  find  somehting  usefull.

http://www.3dsaracreations.com/index.htm

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 10:36 PM · edited Fri, 26 May 2006 at 10:36 PM

The buildings and props from the 3DSC native american project will work with any figure.

Realmling ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 11:45 PM

I'm sure the op has the idea....I did mention the stuff over at 3dSC in my original reply up there. However there is little in that package that would fit the list given originally. (don't mean to sound snippy if it wasn't intentional...just extreamly large text is like all caps too me...rather jaring at times)

Naunet -
Be happy to help. If you catch me this weekend, might actually get it done....otherwise be mid June before I have free time. (damn that thing called w-o-r-k) 

~~

Naunet ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 1:23 AM

At this point, Realmling, I'm not in a huge hurry. They are still trying to save up the $ to get into the studio to record the new CD. I wanted to get a jump start on the cover for them. I'm actually very excited at their vision & can't wait to show them what I can come up with. What kind of compensation would you like? Also, if I provide a picture or drawing of what the scaffold looks like, could you model that too? I am willing to pay for the models. Thanks so much, and like I said - no hurry!

danamo ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 5:17 AM

I think you are contributing to a noble cause Naunet and I volunteer my help. I am a fairly capable modeler and I used Bryce for a long time to make landscapes and other pics, though I have since moved to Carrara5. I also use Wings for a lot of my modeling. I recently made a Djembe (African drum) to meet a fellow artist's request and they were quite pleased with it. 

Realmling ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 8:14 AM

Not worried about compensation.

If you get me pictures so I know which style of burial platform I can work on that too. Probably get me a picture of the medicine wheel too, as the only reference pics I have on hand are from the Blackfoot tribe. Just that way I can make sure things are tailored to the exact need. (I have this weird strain of perfectionism that comes out on occasion...like to make sure things I make are authentic as possible)

Will PM you my email.

~~

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 8:27 AM

Awycoff has a North American package in his store.  It's geared to a female though.  Also, he has some free items here, but not all are showing. He has his own site.  If you go to the free area of his and click for a download, you will be taken to his site.

Poser World might also have something, but it's by membership.

rivkah ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 11:33 AM

Ack  i didnt  realize  it had come out as large text =/   I'm  sorry  for that  Not  sure what  I did to make it come out  like that and Yes i agree it is  rather  jaring  .And  I must of missed where it was stated.

Naunet ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 11:54 AM

danamo - you're help is very much appreciated. I have an idae of what I'd like the landscape to look like, but I only have Vue 4, & I'm not really very good at it. Please PM me here, & I'll send you my e-mail addy. Let me know how much you'd like to be paid. These are very good friends of mine, & I am so proud to be helping them out with this. I'm hopeing this album with really launch them.

rivkah - no problem, I appreciate your help. =)

Acadia - thank you. I've downloaded a few item from his site. Not quite what I was looking for, but nice items anyway.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.