Sun, Sep 22, 2:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Forums Upgraded - Speed, eBots and Search Improved

tony_br22 ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2006 at 7:57 AM

Quote - Hey Tony,
If you click on 'messaging' at the top of the forum, it will take you to the new site mail, which works just like an IM......just type in {case sensitive} users member name and away you go ;)

Thank you for the information .. so that is where it went :-) I will check it out

tony_br22 ( ) posted Sun, 21 May 2006 at 8:08 AM

.. just tried the new "site mail" feature (replacement for IM).

I get the SQL error message below but seems to work ok otherwise.

I suggest that the "to" field be pre-filled out with the username in question (like when it was when we had IM)

THanks

Compose Message

mysql error: You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '???' at line 1, occured in query: "select username from member where userid = ???".  

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Thu, 25 May 2006 at 5:42 PM

Well im happy everybody is fine and happy about the speed etc etc  and thats a good think...

But ...not realy for me... i MIS 80% of the ebot mails about new topic's !!!!!

I just dont get them anymore, and yes i/m subscribed to the forums of choice i even Unsub. and resub. myself to reset the subscribe etc etc.

But i missed at the poser forum i think 8 new topics in the last day !?!? i got to come to the site to see if there are new topics..

To be honnest i start notice the lack of mail/ebots on the very same day the bots where fixed..

So what can i do im subed to more than 1 forum and i got to spent a unfair amount of time just to see if there are new topic on these forums.

I think i got all my setting right because it worked FINE absolutely FINE while all the other member where having troubles so ??

I hope realy HOPE i get some response now from site staff...

Thnx for reading my bad english and the long story :}

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 25 May 2006 at 6:15 PM

Hi Bar-Code,

I will let the programmers know about the ebot issue and the timeframe of when this started to see if they can figure out what may be causing some to come through and others not to...

Will let you know.

Thanks

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 4:44 AM

Hi Tony, dont know why you are getting that error..you are making sure to type the username in just as it is on the site right? {user names are case sensitive}

Feel free to test send me an IM, and make sure you type in, jumpstartme2, as opposed to Jumpstartme2
If you still get that error let me know k?

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

TallPockets ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 7:56 AM

Hello. When I sign into the forum area it sends me fairly quickly to the page. Then, however, it 'freezes' for about 10-15 seconds each time before it 'releases' and then the entire page comes up for me. I'm using Netscape browser 7.2 version.

As for the new site mail -- Now I get ebots in my email addy account I used to join this site. Each shows an email address I don't recognize along with artists notification normal ebots, etc. I clicked on one email address and after I opened it I knew who it was from here. This means I now know someone's email address and I am assuming they would know mine if I used your new, improved site mail? I was taught to never open emails that I did not know of who sent them? I preferred the IM prior set up. I never used the email option unless I really got to know  someone here and gave them a prior heads up about my email addy.

I asked earlier the 'reason' for this change and the 'benefits' over the old program. Would anyone care to kindly respond?

I thank you, in advance, for any reply. My best, TallPockets.

TallPockets ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 7:58 AM

BTW - I have the 'freeze' up 10-15 seconds per page in the Writer's Forum, also. T.P.

TallPockets ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 8:01 AM

BTW 2 : This 'freeze up' or 'pause' occurs every time I post a reply or change pages, etc., on forums here.

BTW 3: I take it there will be 'no' future changes to the forum regarding 'fitting' all the text into a compressed area so people like me with 800 monitor settings no longer have to 'scroll' left to right continually to read each line of text posted?

Or, not even a ''printer friendly'' set up style as you had previously for those in my situation?

Again, thanks. T.P.

williamsn ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 10:23 AM

Some of our other Netscape and Firefox users were having the problem with the page pausing as they load it. This is due to the HTML editor embedded in the page. The solution for them was to upgrade Firefox to the latest version (1.5.2 at the time, now 1.5.4), and to upgrade Netscape to the latest versino (8.x). After upgrading they no longer experienced any problems. If you upgrade your Netscape to 8.x, it should remedy your problem.

-Nicholas

cliff-dweller ( ) posted Fri, 26 May 2006 at 10:34 AM

TallPockets, I've noticed that there is a bit of a pause when I load forum pages, too...but not as long as what you describe, so I don't know if it's the same thing...but I thought I'd mention it...

the delay I experience is caused by the loading of the box at the bottom of the page for posting a reply...it first opens as an empty box, and then all the little icons load individually (source, bold, italics, underline, undo, etc, etc plus the Style, Font & Size dropdowns, etc, etc)...once it's all done, the whole page hiccups a bit. :unsure:

Is it possible that the Netscape browser is having a harder time handling the way that box loads?? For me (IE or Firefox), it seems to go through the whole process every page, so I guess it doesn't (or can't) cache it at all. :huh:

Anyway, don't know if that has anything to do with your situation, but I thought I'd mention it to you. 😉

Check out my full gallery at Cliff-Dweller Artworks

tony_br22 ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 7:32 AM

Attached Link: http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=reroerror011cw.jpg

> Quote - Hi Tony, dont know why you are getting that error..you are making sure to type the username in just as it is on the site right? {user names are case sensitive} > > Feel free to test send me an IM, and make sure you type in, jumpstartme2, as opposed to Jumpstartme2 > If you still get that error let me know k?

Thanks .. I actually get the error as soon as I press the button for Site messages (and before entering any text on the screen, and i happens both on IE 6.0.2900.2180.. and Firefox 1.5.0.3):
(see attached screenshot)

I will try sending you a message to see if it gets through anyway.
Thank you

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 2:18 PM

Thanks Tony :)
I got the IM ;)

Just to make sure how you are going about it, are you using the link to messages from a members profile, or are you going in thru the link at the top header?

I will get with someone about this error message...I cant stand it when a computer throws words at me that I dont understand LOL!

~Jani

williamsn ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 2:21 PM

Jumpstartme, We are aware of this problem. A handful of 'rosity users are having it, so you don't have to get with anyone. Currently, after spending hours on it, we are unable to duplicate the error, so we cannot fix it. We have taken the position that we believe it will no longer be an issue once the conversion is finished. Nicholas

-Nicholas

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 2:35 PM

Oh. I wasn't aware of anyone else having this particular syntax error. Thanks for letting me know.

~Jani

tony_br22 ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 2:38 PM

Quote - Thanks Tony :)
I got the IM ;)

Just to make sure how you are going about it, are you using the link to messages from a members profile, or are you going in thru the link at the top header?

I will get with someone about this error message...I cant stand it when a computer throws words at me that I dont understand LOL!

ha ha .. yes I also dont like when the computer talks to me like that :-) Sounds good that you got the IM. Yes, I link to messeages from a members profile by pressing the button. If you talk to someone about this, maybe you could also suggest that the button also transferred the username and pre-filled the To-field (so that I was not in danger of misspelling etc.) that would really be nice.

Thank you for your interest, help and support. Much appreciated.

williamsn ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 2:41 PM

That's the point. It's supposed to pre-fill the To field. But the error is preventing it from doing that because for some reason the information about the user is not being transferred. And it's only happening on a handful of users' machines. On the rest of them it's populating the To field just fine. This will no longer be a problem when the conversion is over. N

-Nicholas

tony_br22 ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 2:41 PM

Quote - Jumpstartme, We are aware of this problem. A handful of 'rosity users are having it, so you don't have to get with anyone. Currently, after spending hours on it, we are unable to duplicate the error, so we cannot fix it. We have taken the position that we believe it will no longer be an issue once the conversion is finished. Nicholas

Thanks for the information Nicholas .. I just realized that it was the error I experienced that you were referring to.

Thanks

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.