Tue, Oct 22, 5:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 20 11:30 am)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: is bryce 5 worth buying ?

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 7:02 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:30 AM

I know its a dumb question but all i see is 5.5 is the differece that big ?

Its 42 dollar for me over at DAZ and i have some vouchers left there so i ask it :-}

Thnx for repleys

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

paulbrittgarcia ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 7:16 PM
  1. Yes it is worth buying!

2. The only major difference between 5 and 5.5 is a big button at the top of the main window which helps import poser content through DAZ|Studio (which must be installed as well)

3. If you go through the front page at 3DCommune; Bryce 5 is $19.95 and Bryce 5.5 is $59.95 (and you might be able to use your discounts on it is well - am  not sure)

4. Happy Bryceing!

:)

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sat, 27 May 2006 at 7:19 PM

Bryce 5.5 is $59.95  is at DAZ too i just saw its called JUMPSTART ? is it the same 5.5 or a LE version ?

Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

Mahray ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2006 at 12:11 AM

The jumpstart version is Bryce 5.5 with some extra content, at a promotional price.

However, the shop page says:

**deviantART and DAZ are proud to bring you a never before available offer on the award-winning 3D application Bryce. Now through May 10, 2006 we’re offering everyone at deviantART the chance to own this amazing program for just a fraction of the regular price...

**So you might or might not be able to get it at that (still worth a shot though).

Come visit us at RenderGods.

Ignore the shooty dog thing.

draculaz ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2006 at 3:46 AM

yes, it is totally worth buying if you're interested in learning the basics of 3D.

m

Dann-O ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2006 at 4:20 AM

Bryce is worthwhile to have. Has a great shader language then needs to be demystified and the renderquality is quite good. If you have more money then there are better options but still Bryce is a good thing for your 3D arsenal.

The wit of a misplaced ex-patriot.
I cheated on my metaphysics exam by looking into the soul of the person next to me.

ysvry ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2006 at 8:19 AM

is bryce 4 worth buying too ? :P

for some free stuff i made
and for almost daily fotos

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Sun, 28 May 2006 at 9:25 AM

5.5 jumpstart is availbe until 5/30/06 for 59.95 .and i bought it they only made a mistake so i did not download it until they undo the mistake....

AND bryce 5 for 19.95 unti 30 may. so get that instead of bryce 4 .. i think...

Chris

Chris

My Free Stuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.